Advice On First Grow

• Thread starter Hippkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hippkie

Hi all you grow tarts, I have two 3 week old plants which have been part sunlight and part CFL, for a week now it has been under CFL only, I Am using regular soil and I mixed perlite into it. I think the plants have stretched due to the different light source. One is master kush and the leaf and stem have started looking purple.. I'm guessing this isn't normal? Light schedule is 18/6. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear opinions

N

Nog

Some plants get purple stems, and also purple leaves.

I found the purple stems more common.

Could just be the strain.

Lack of phosphorous, due to none in the soil, or fungus gnats attacking the roots therefore stopping the plant getting nutrients, can also make the plants turn purple.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi all you grow tarts, I have two 3 week old plants which have been part sunlight and part CFL, for a week now it has been under CFL only, I Am using regular soil and I mixed perlite into it. I think the plants have stretched due to the different light source. One is master kush and the leaf and stem have started looking purple.. I'm guessing this isn't normal? Light schedule is 18/6. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear opinions
It's normal for indoor growing, normal if genetics, normal of P isn't available or being used. Not so normal outdoors. If the leaves turn a very dark bluish green then you know for sure P is an issue. But it's not just a matter of feeding more, you need to know that the pH hasn't locked it out, for example. Pix and other information (how you've been keeping them, media, etc), are helpful.

chopper dogg

chopper dogg

The coloring is normal on some strains. There stretching due to insufficient lighting (or over heating), you need your CFL's closer and monitor temps. At 3 weeks there ready for better lighting, I keep light on seedlings 24/7, till approximately 3 weeks, then 20 on 4 off.

Top Bottom