Advice on when to harvest ?

• Thread starter morugawelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
morugawelder

morugawelder

Got a inzsane in the membrane that is 61 days since 12/12 ,
All red pistols , so far few ambers , 1/2 cloudy , 1/2 clear , I made the mistake of not noting when fist sign of flowers , ( learning curve )
The fans been gone for a few good weeks , The intermediates are slowly turning yellow and dying ,
not sure if I should chop , or wait a little longer , flushed with florakleen 4days ago , and straight water yesterday ,
What do you all think ?

Advice on when to harvest
morugawelder

morugawelder

Got a inzsane in the membrane that is 61 days since 12/12 ,
All red pistols , so far few ambers , 1/2 cloudy , 1/2 clear , I made the mistake of not noting when fist sign of flowers , ( learning curve )
The fans been gone for a few good weeks , The intermediates are slowly turning yellow and dying ,
not sure if I should chop , or wait a little longer , flushed with florakleen 4days ago , and straight water yesterday ,
What do you all think ?

IMG 6438
IMG 6444
IMG 6439
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look about ready to me. I look for the little nubs that grow on the tips of the big colas. From my experience, they seem to get longer and narrower, with a few strange looking single lobed leaves that might pop out. When I see this, the plant is pretty well spent, has lost a lot of larger. older fan leaves, and there might be some color changes. I wouldn't let them go too much longer, IMO.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agree with above posters. Pretty done. I would harvest when the trichomes are as close to 100% cloudy deep in on the calyx’.

The ones on the bud leaves go amber earlier sometimes.

I like to err on the side of a few clear being ok than too many amber/brown/degraded.

morugawelder

morugawelder

Agree with above posters. Pretty done. I would harvest when the trichomes are as close to 100% cloudy deep in on the calyx’.

The ones on the bud leaves go amber earlier sometimes.

I like to err on the side of a few clear being ok than too many amber/brown/degraded.
thats the thing , I'm seeing a lot of clear ones still way deep , but yes theres cloudy ones , and very few amber , I have them under quantum boards 260's x2 in a 4 x4 tent , about 20 " canopy , really bright , I figured that might be helping the leaves turn some , so I dialed the wattage back a couple of days ago .
I was hoping for more amber , but she's slow to change . I believe this strain leans to sativa . Just don't want to go to early .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

thats the thing , I'm seeing a lot of clear ones still way deep , but yes theres cloudy ones , and very few amber , I have them under quantum boards 260's x2 in a 4 x4 tent , about 20 " canopy , really bright , I figured that might be helping the leaves turn some , so I dialed the wattage back a couple of days ago .
I was hoping for more amber , but she's slow to change . I believe this strain leans to sativa . Just don't want to go to early .
Nice plant! I would go by the trichomes not the overall look of the plant, wait till you're seeing what you want as far as clear, cloudy and Amber ratio and then chop

morugawelder

morugawelder

thing is , theres not a lot of amber , but my leaves are getting spent quicker than she's turning , not sure if its the 2 quantum boards 260's in a 4 x4 ,
is to much , so I dialed them down some , I want to see more amber but not dry her up ,

IMG 6441
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Since I seem to be in an edit intensive mood this morning, I circled the "Nubbs" that I was referring to, that tells me when a plant is finished, at least Sativa heavy hybrids that I have grown for years. I have even gotten a small "horn" type of growth coming out of the nubb if left going too long. Please let me know if you want the pics removed, but they look pretty good and ready to me!

Nu bbs
morugawelder

morugawelder

Since I seem to be in an edit intensive mood this morning, I circled the "Nubbs" that I was referring to, that tells me when a plant is finished, at least Sativa heavy hybrids that I have grown for years. I have even gotten a small "horn" type of growth coming out of the nubb if left going too long. Please let me know if you want the pics removed, but they look pretty good and ready to me!
no its cool ! just nice to get responses to help me along , just seems to be quite a few clear deep down inside , but leaves are dictating end, unless its the quantum boards 260's ,
2 of them in 4x4 throwing a shit ton of light ! 20 " away , I just want to get them at their best . :)

K

Kot

The light is not too much, you are deficient in potassium, or at least this is what I am seeing.

Go by the trichomes but not on the sugar leafs, they turn amber more quickly as previously stated. Look the bud only. Some strains take a lot longer than the stated by the seed bank. The seed banks like to lie about the finishing times because nobody would buy a 12 week strain.

morugawelder

morugawelder

The light is not too much, you are deficient in potassium, or at least this is what I am seeing.

Go by the trichomes but not on the sugar leafs, they turn amber more quickly as previously stated. Look the bud only. Some strains take a lot longer than the stated by the seed bank. The seed banks like to lie about the finishing times because nobody would buy a 12 week strain.
They were getting Tiger Bloom 2 - 8 - 4 , and Flower fuel 1- 34 - 32 , mammoth P , cal - mag , and Big Bloom , any suggestions on more Potassium ? My first did this but got more amber .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

no its cool ! just nice to get responses to help me along , just seems to be quite a few clear deep down inside , but leaves are dictating end, unless its the quantum boards 260's ,
2 of them in 4x4 throwing a shit ton of light ! 20 " away , I just want to get them at their best . :)
The leaves don't mean much, go by the trichomes. As said above plants usually take longer (and sometimes a lot longer) than the breeder says, patience!

K

Kot

They were getting Tiger Bloom 2 - 8 - 4 , and Flower fuel 1- 34 - 32 , mammoth P , cal - mag , and Big Bloom , any suggestions on more Potassium ? My first did this but got more amber .
Hm then it could be pottasium burn. You can check easily if you measure the PPM of the water that goes in and then the the PPM of the water that goes out of the pot.

morugawelder

morugawelder

Hm then it could be pottasium burn. You can check easily if you measure the PPM of the water that goes in and then the the PPM of the water that goes out of the pot.
yes I have one , haven't checked it in a while , I watered with florakleen 6 days ago , and plain water about 3 days ago , plain water tonight , hoping Trichs. turn more amber this weekend

B

Burned Haze

Amber and how cloudy the trich is really your preference. For me when I tried pretty much 100% clear to - full amber on same strain I’ve ran 5+ times , I’m a 30%ish cloudy guy ( further you go amber = less terps and more sleep , not for me? When thc turns to cbn and I can smoke more anyways Lol )

K

Kot

yes I have one , haven't checked it in a while , I watered with florakleen 6 days ago , and plain water about 3 days ago , plain water tonight , hoping Trichs. turn more amber this weekend
PPM in and out is great indicator if you are over or underfeeding. Just for the lulz can you check the PPM of the out water pls?

morugawelder

morugawelder

Amber and how cloudy the trich is really your preference. For me when I tried pretty much 100% clear to - full amber on same strain I’ve ran 5+ times , I’m a 30%ish cloudy guy ( further you go amber = less terps and more sleep , not for me? When thc turns to cbn and I can smoke more anyways Lol )
yeah , then she's close maybe couple more days

Latest posts

Top Bottom