African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

The main reason why we don't see these psychedelic sativa strains is because nobody wants to take the time to grow them and cure them properly and they just don't like the yield also like Johnnyrotten said there flowering time is long. Another contribution to this is that a lot of people don't have enought UV rays or not any at all in there normal HPS, HID, and MH lights. With the Proper amount of UV rays these equatorial or tropical Sativa strains can't reach there full potential to create THCV and THC and other terpenes and cannabinods that create such of a psychedelic/mind expanding, perception changing, stimulating effect. Another thing is in order to the keep flowering cycle low people like to cross these Sativas to Indicas which in my opinion is not bad because it adds extra resin production and yield also a stronger aroma, but it sometimes deminishes the psychedelic effects and makes them more of a body/ headstone. And I think that has to do with CBD and CBN and terpenes like linalool, Terpineol, and Myrcene that add to the sleepy/Stoney effect. Like CBD for instants is a anti-pcychotic which takes away from the pcychoative effects of THC and THCV combinations. But CBD can take away from anxiety and paranoid effects too which is not really a bad thing.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Sadly I think all that is a pipe dream guys. I have grown quite a few of the equatorial sativas under "standard indoor growing conditions with success. I think the real problem is this type of high you are all looking for Is 1 in a million. I will be looking into more Colombian Thai and Jamaican in the near future and will have a better idea if my theory is correct. It is I believe a time thing for growers. Wasting months in flower for a mediocre flower is just so discouraging to most they will give up after one round.
I would love to run this as well.

Good luck

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Homebrew420 your right the type of high is one in a million, because it's based on genotype and pheno type and even if you some how get the genotype of the strain you can't match the pheno unless you grow it in the same soil and environment and even then it won't be the same because the environment changes a little every day but with advanced indoor growing conditions (advanced light spectrum, organic/veganic soil, extra uv rays, proper selective breeding for chemo types ect.) instead of standard indoor growing conditions you might be able to come close if not better than the original product. And this is what my goal is, that is if it is optainable.

-Kush Kloud

homebrew420

homebrew420

@Kush Kloud, see the epigenetic factors you speak of, are theory. Don't misunderstand me, morphological differences will most likely be seen however I highly doubt the high, cannabinoid and/or terpene ratios would be swayed all that much.
Even with complete instability of this particular clone it would be great to get a few Congo hybrids and cross to this legend. 4generations should be more than enough to get most of what we are all looking for, in on did 30+ each run.
wish I had a spot that could accommodate a plant like these outdoor.

Again good luck and keep up updated if you find some more good news.

Peace

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

I say select a trait and make it true breeding by back crossing and selecting for the trait again and then repeat. You know cube it. Then once I get that trait true breeding I will start to make crosses. But yea I agree with you homebrew420 for the most part. And thanks for your help.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Here's some more info from his form it has an article about the black on it.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Oh WOW that is BEAUTIFUL!

I hope it isn't just a myth. It sounds EXACTLY like what I am after being very psychedelic.
Please let me know if you find seeds of it!!

RedMOON

If i do gets seeds I will , it's definitely not a myth but in a few years it's gonna be extinct to is native region because of the Congo forest getting cut down. But that's why people just needs to stop being greedy or protective of this strain because what if they die and then no will have these genetics.

-Kush Kloud

william76

william76

I say select a trait and make it true breeding by back crossing and selecting for the trait again and then repeat. You know cube it. Then once I get that trait true breeding I will start to make crosses. But yea I agree with you homebrew420 for the most part. And thanks for your help.
I don't think it's as simple as that,are you goin to cube it on itsself?if not it'll be a hybrid and that will be watering it down some,youd prob loss a lot of the traits that makes African black magic what it is,why not keep it pure,make the next gen,and learn what it does like for a respectable yield,for that plant?keep on growing, 76

Top Bottom