African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

African black magic ituri norie
I'm creating this thread for all those people who are obsessed with the African black magic strain.
The quest to find this strain shall begin!
Well personally I never encountered this strain but I have been researching it for quite a while now and this is what I can conclude I've been reading about a black strain of weed found in the Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the Pygmies of the forest smoke it and it is said to be very psychedelic, probably due to equatorial conditions this strain has adapted to high uv rays and probably started producing high levels of THC and THCV and that could explain it's high psychedelic activity . Just like many other African strains like Malawi gold, Durban poison, and Mulanje gold. If any of you know about this strain or other black colored or dark colored African strains please share some of you knowledge and let's try to keep this thread alive and solve the mystery of this legendary African Sativa strain! oh and I found some pics of it on Thcfarmer

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

There is also another sativa strain of interest to me it is called Dalat and it is from Vietnam in the province of Dalat it is said to have been cultivated for centuries by the indigenous tribes of mountain people know as Montagnards. I read it on an article on high times and another article.
http://allaboutweed.blogspot.com/2011/12/vietnam-dalat-green-purple.html?m=1
This is the other article and the high times article is called The Heart of Dankness it is on hightimes.com

You all should check it out

zeke

zeke

Those Pygmy tribes are cool. It would be awesome to get ripped on their herb and enjoy their music. The foods not too good I've heard and little people kind of scare me...good luck on your quest. Seems all you need to do is get a plane ticket and a bus ticket or two.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Thanks for showing up markscastle good to have you on this thread.
Do you think you can tell about the ABM and the dalat?
That would be wonderful

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not much to tell about the Dalat. My Brother brought it back from one of his tours in Nam. Got it from a trip in a chopper.
Not much on the ABM as well. Trying to get back to working on the genetics, very hard to grow and unstable. Released a couple bags of bud a very long time ago and it ended up being a legion. Got some big offers for the genetics and it even ended up with a write up in High Times. Never released it as it needs much work done. Maybe some day when I get time to do more breeding again. Did a small release of the Talk of Kabul and Bodhi used it in a couple of` authorized` crosses he released a few years ago. Also sent some to Mota but he had some grow room problems or something about that time. Don`t think he made any crosses with it for release.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Sounds great markscastle but I have a question where was the place of origin of the ABM? And what was the lighting cycle you put her on when you grew her?

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Wouldn't you want to start these plant's 12/12? In the region that these plants are from, the average amount of daylight is 12 hours and 7 minutes all year long...so they should flower fine under 12/12...

I'm really excited to know more about these plants, it sounds like something I'd like to grow! That Dalat sounds interesting as well...

I honestly believe that the reason that you don't see a lot of these truly psychedelic plants being grown is probably because they take so long to flower...then people start trying to breed them for a faster finishing time which may dilute the effects. What do you think?

Sounds great markscastle but I have a question where was the place of origin of the ABM? And what was the lighting cycle you put her on when you grew her?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I Bet this drives growers nuts In all plants that are regionally acclimated.
Its like taking a dessert cactus at planting it at the base of the Himalayas.
IMHO
The key in-part of running a rare and difficult strain finding the correct geographical location and duplicate right down to the angle of the light source.
I was amazed to read the effect a simple shift in lighting angle can have this set with proper RH heat cycles A guy could go nuts. IMO I would look at a closed environment and remember also higher levels of O2 are present.
On average 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen But in the jungles some rainforests like Sri Lanka, sub-Saharan Africa from Cameroon to the Congo have reported up to 22.8% and lower carbon Dioxide to boot.
Just wondering how long it would take to acclimatize that type of land-race. WoW that hurts my brain
Thought to grow on
FlyJ

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

so, are you saying that you think a sealed room with low co2 might be more beneficial than say 1500ppm?

I'm looking at some of the weather data from Republic of the Congo...looks like pretty great weather to grow in... Ave Max Temps 84-89 Avg Low Temps 68-69, 69% RH and 73" of rain per year...

IMO I would look at a closed environment and remember also higher levels of O2 are present.
On average 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen But in the jungles some rainforests like Sri Lanka, sub-Saharan Africa from Cameroon to the Congo have reported up to 22.8% and lower carbon Dioxide to boot.
Just wondering how long it would take to acclimatize that type of land-race. /quote]

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@ rotten
Interesting but that IMO would come later
if one was to duplicate the environment the plant originated adding CO2 would only be added to mach the region. wouldn't you think that the case?
Now, IF, it were already stable and been indoor grows for a few grow cycles, then yea, playing with the CO2 is what some advanced growers would do to maximize the Flower IMO
, But that is speculative.
I have seen and smoked bud with with out.
Its a mater of the grow.
I was making the comment based only on what if...
Much respect
FlyJ
I just want to see it Grow

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

yeah, I think you are right...it doesn't seem like the environments in most grow rooms would be much different than what they see in their native environment...RH at 69% is pretty high but maybe they grow better that way...somebody growing them might want to keep the humidity higher than normal...I'd probably go with a homemade organic soil mix...

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

All of y'all have good points and Johnnyrotten you hit the nail on the head with the lighting cycle. But what I would do if I had this strain or other equatorial Sativas is first I would make an organic super soil mix and add some microbes. Then I would use advance lighting systems like lush lighting because it's better for photosynthesis and it's kind of close to the suns light spectrum and I would add UV lights like Arcadia D3+ T-5 46 inch 54 watt 12% UV-B for extra UV-B so it would match or surpass the light of the equator to some degree. The I would dial the light on 14/10 for vegetive stage while using the Lush LED Vegetator with the supplemented UV-B because study's that I have seen say that in order for you to get the best out of UV supplementation you have to have it on threw out the whole plants life cycle, just like on the equator they just don't have UV rays during flowering and also they have to get use to the UV rays in order to start making more cannabinods like THC and THCV, also it is genetic which I understand that too, but thats why you use landrace equatorial Sativa genetics that already have this chemo type. Then I would use Lush dominator 2x or 2xXL (depending on how many Sativas I'm growing) with the extra UV-B lighting, I would dial the flowering cycle on 11/13 for best Sativa phenotypic expression. While supplementing CO2 and oxygenating the water with ozone.

So guys tell me what you think and correct me if I'm wrong and I encourage all of you to do your own research on the topic so we can come to the best conclusion. Oh and stay Irie ☺️

Latest posts

Top Bottom