African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

IF it is a hermie, then yes, it has the hermie genetics in the pollen! Hermies show up as small male parts on an otherwise female looking plant with pistil hairs. If it's ALL balls, then it's just a male!
IF it's not a hermie and JUST a male, then I would definitely bring it inside to collect the pollen. Make sure that you clean your room from ANY pollen on walls, equipment, etc... Otherwise you could have unexpected seeds in your next crop! Water neutralizes pollen!

STS works good, but a product called ElitexElite is a ONE time application for feminized seeds! It's quite spendy, but probably well worth it. $60 for 2ml.... enough for 3-4 plants. I'm going to try that method!

You can try putting a branch in a cup of water. I've heard of it, never tried it, so I don't know if it works. Let me know if you try it.

Good luck and happy growing brother!
Well I harvested the Bam pollen pods 2 ways. Picked all the bigger ones off & cut some branches to put in water!
Both worked, but the picked pods on parchment opened same day & days after giving me enough pollen for many applications.
The water appl. is working ok to, but that’s just icing on the cake (slower pollen release).
Well I liked this male plant, it really was capable of being a multiple top plant, so if I can get a bushy Bam female I’ll hopefully have a good cross Pheno for bush plants (African Bush Plant !!!, just kidding). Training will just about bush out any plant…
Winter project…😉

Oh pollen pollen pollen, pollennnn
Oh pollen pollen pollen!!!

Puritybread

Puritybread

Well I harvested the Bam pollen pods 2 ways. Picked all the bigger ones off & cut some branches to put in water!
Both worked, but the picked pods on parchment opened same day & days after giving me enough pollen for many applications.
The water appl. is working ok to, but that’s just icing on the cake (slower pollen release).
Well I liked this male plant, it really was capable of being a multiple top plant, so if I can get a bushy Bam female I’ll hopefully have a good cross Pheno for bush plants (African Bush Plant !!!, just kidding). Training will just about bush out any plant…
Winter project…😉
View attachment 1172789
Oh pollen pollen pollen, pollennnn
Oh pollen pollen pollen!!!
View attachment 1172794
View attachment 1172805
This is for sure full male

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

It’s cut up & in water with parchment drop cloth underneath in my garage !!!
Catch as much pollen asi can.
(I’ll leave a update on the wss as ter technique, I also picked a bunch of pods off & drying on parchement in paper towels to catch & keep evap water off pollen as they open).

Well next Bam grow this winter, I’ll plant 4 seeds this time & pull males, since I’ll have pollen.
Plant some of the Purple African Magic freebies s as s well.
Can’t say how disappointed I am that my great Bam was a male not a female why I didn’t plant several I don’t know ! I can still see all those hypothetical tops covered in resin, oh well soon enough.
Well I guess I thought I would be too busy with my Girl Scout cookie breeding project subconsciously 👀

Something I read today that was interesting, male pollen from a bushy flower coated plant like my male Bam has a tendency to produce many flowers on females it has pollinated (seeds generated from the Cross that is)… we will see 😳

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Can’t say how disappointed I am that my great Bam was a male not a female why I didn’t plant several I don’t know ! I can still see all those hypothetical tops covered in resin, oh well soon enough.
Well I guess I thought I would be too busy with my Girl Scout cookie breeding project subconsciously 👀

Something I read today that was interesting, male pollen from a bushy flower coated plant like my male Bam has a tendency to produce many flowers on females it has pollinated (seeds generated from the Cross that is)… we will see 😳
Genetically speaking, in theory, that would be TRUE! 👍

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Are they worth buying from arizona seed connect??
Not in my opinion! Certainly NOT the REAL black phenotypes Black Magic African that I'm looking for! And certainly not worth $25 each... or even $15 that I paid because he gave me a 'deal'... 😉 Not good indoors without aggressive training for height. GREAT for outdoors if you can go long enough BEFORE winter kills it! I doubt that mine will finish in time! It's almost 9 feet tall and 4 weeks into flowering cycle. Tall, stretchy, long internodes and not bushy. VERY unusual and unique qualities for sure! Sativa dominant strain that in my opinion is a hybrid.
Here's some pics of my 'BAM'!
20210929 191732
20210929 191755

grnmtn

grnmtn

Not in my opinion! Certainly NOT the REAL black phenotypes Black Magic African that I'm looking for! And certainly not worth $25 each... or even $15 that I paid because he gave me a 'deal'... 😉 Not good indoors without aggressive training for height. GREAT for outdoors if you can go long enough BEFORE winter kills it! I doubt that mine will finish in time! It's almost 9 feet tall and 4 weeks into flowering cycle. Tall, stretchy, long internodes and not bushy. VERY unusual and unique qualities for sure! Sativa dominant strain that in my opinion is a hybrid.
Here's some pics of my 'BAM'! View attachment 1174072View attachment 1174073
Are those buds pretty hard or in between?

grnmtn

grnmtn

Here's some pics of my 'BAM'! View attachment 1174072View attachment 1174073
I'm trying to figure out which pheno you have there. How long till it gets very cold by you?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Last night got to 38° and rained 2 nights ago... I'm thinking mid October, hopefully later. Usually by Halloween, everyone is done harvesting.
Anyway to put a bunch of mulch around the root area… then lay an old blanket over the mulch area at night !
Also maybe get some of that super super thin plastic from the hardware store place over the top of the plant using a pole or ladders to keep the frost off of it @ night…
Hopefully this isn’t the dumbest idea you’ve ever heard of…😳. I have no recent outdoor growing experience.

((well since I have no bam now but Pollen, Thought I would throw this GSC auto pic in, making Seeds, moved one of the pots outside to see how the October cooler affects it, Actually this one isn’t pollinated those are still inside))

jimihendrixsantana

jimihendrixsantana

yeah, critique is ok (not beeing so black).
But people told it smells of cinnamon.
Tell me wich "average" Strain smells of Cinnamon?
Who knows what it is, but together with someones appologize for his sceptism, well...
could be real.
I mean Dj short said that the real congolese flowers 10 weeks or so, i remember? and he said its highly psychodelic. So, i dont see many "fake" indicators.

I dont say, dont be critical, but dont degrade it without smoking. Its the ultimate proove, black or not. Probably its hard to maintain black Traits in african?
It looks very strong to me, and fairly psychedelic

bobdagrowah

bobdagrowah

yeah, critique is ok (not beeing so black).
But people told it smells of cinnamon.
Tell me wich "average" Strain smells of Cinnamon?
Who knows what it is, but together with someones appologize for his sceptism, well...
could be real.
I mean Dj short said that the real congolese flowers 10 weeks or so, i remember? and he said its highly psychodelic. So, i dont see many "fake" indicators.

I dont say, dont be critical, but dont degrade it without smoking. Its the ultimate proove, black or not. Probably its hard to maintain black Traits in african?
It looks very strong to me, and fairly psychedelic

So its it but not "the 1"

Top Bottom