Airstone tolerant nutrients...what are they?

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frogeye

hey texas kid i dont know if ur willing to try this or not but i figured id put it out there for ya.they make a pump for livewells for bass boats it has a base that sits in the bottom of the water in ur well and it sucks up the water and sends it through a tube then through a pvc pipe that has small holes in it so the water shoots back into the well but with force behind it.the pipe sits like 6 inches above the water line.ive never heard of any 1 using 1 but it def keeps the bass happy and alive but im not sure if it would be just like using an airstone cuz its not really fresh air being constantly pumped in.but it would definately would mix up the nutes. peace

D

doctodD_hawaii

if its splashing into the water from the holes in the pvc its adding o2. id say it would work but as all boat parts it could cost more than a good aquarium pump. Plus wouldnt it be 12V?
Not that thats a bad thing. I do have this 36x36 solar panel iv been wondering what to do with. Maybe ill make a solar powered grow. well the pumps anyhow.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Gettin air to and movin/circulating the nutes isn't the problem..the problem is that in most nutes if you get to carried away with the aggitation and the airation it cuases the suspeded compenents/minerals in the nutes to fall out, not nessecarily the settleing you see in the bottom of a res but the specific minerals will seperate from the dilution at more of a molecular level, that and insane ph fluctuations are the trick

House and Garden is holding 5.9 with a bullet so far

Tex

convex

convex

There is such a thing as too much air.
Aquarium protien skimmers infuse lots of air causing foam fractionation of bio dissolved elements, don't want to do the same in your rez.

F

frogeye

isnt the nute foaming basically what the dds system is all about his nute are run through pvc at a high rate of speed then discharged causing basically frothing.also the livewell pump is bringing out the o2 in the water already.an air pump is constantly pumping in fresh o2 from an outside source.also tk what about a ph dose from what ive read it automatically doses ur rez with the up or down based on what ever u have it set on so i guess u wouldnt ever have to worry about the ph flux to much,dont quote me on it im just goin by what it says ive never personally used 1 before.its the intellidose.if all else fails the tried and true 3 part kool aid bud lol peace

F

frogeye

hey doc it is 12v but u can see 1 online at like bassproshop.com or some fishing site and then just use a pond pump instead if u need 110 and run some pvc to it to do the same thing.lol u must have owned or own a boat with the boat part comment lol.very true indeed..peace

F

frogeye

its called the mayfair ice chest aerator ..sorry tk not tryin to pull a 211 on ya bud lol i would think it would work as a substitute for an air pump with out any probs to me it would be the same a heave rain in nature.you can always call the nute companies and ask them personally or email them that way u hear it straight from the horses mouth if ur nute are super airstone comp..... also i know this sounds like some dr who type shiite but could u actually put ur air pump in a small box or room then pump low amounts of pure o2 into the box/room to increase the overall o2 the plants/roots recieve or would this disrupt the co2 in the room,or even be beneficial at all?thanks peace

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
tk what about a ph dose from what ive read it automatically doses ur rez with the up or down based on what ever u have it set on so i guess u wouldnt ever have to worry about the ph flux to much,dont quote me on it im just goin by what it says ive never personally used 1 before.its the intellidose.

About to start playing with one of these but they only have one direction they adjust right now, so you use a base or an acid but you have to pic one or the other. So if your ph generally climes you use one and if it usually drops use the other to control. $800 bucks is a kick in the sack just for ph monitoring which I check all the time anyway but what the hell.

Tex

F

frogeye

lol more like a mule kick to the sack.then again im sure uve spent more then 800 on experimenting in some way shape or form i know i have lol.then again if it works,u cant put a price on peace of mind,shiite maybe u can its $800 lol...good luck bud peace

R

rockil

I need a nutrient that can take full on airstone oxygen enriched DWC enviroment...most hydro nutrients out there specifically warn about airating the reservoirs so it is a narrow list.

House and Garden = no
Canna = no
Aurora = ?
Pure Blend Pro = ?
BC Technaflora = no
Advanced Nutrients = All but the microbes I think..
Grotek = ?
Dyna Tek = ?
Metanaturals = ?
Age Old Organics = ?
GH Three part = ?
GH Floranova = ?
GH Floralicious = ?
GH Organic (new line) = ?

Any help you greatly appreciated

Tex

Hi TK i just did my first hydro grow i ran two 14 inch air stones and they were just pumping out the air in fact all of the roots went right to the air stones and i was using Foxfarm hydro nutes let me know what you think
thanks Rockil

M

Motherhugger

I can vouch for Advanced Nutrients as well. I've run it in DWC, aeroponics, ebb & flow, you name it. It's never given me any trouble at all.

i haven't run all of those systems, but that's good to know that AN will work for them too.

:420:

oh, look at the time....:smiley_joint:

B

bakershredhead

Word to the wise you can't use House and Garden Roots excelerator or the Algen with high ouput air pumps such as regen blowers. I tried them in my rdwc system and have gotten brown slime all over my roots and growth stops.

D

doctodD_hawaii

glad I saw this ^^^ I have gotten slime all over my roots and growth has come to a crawl. Any idea how to fix this?

M

mrdizzle

Word to the wise you can't use House and Garden Roots excelerator or the Algen with high ouput air pumps such as regen blowers. I tried them in my rdwc system and have gotten brown slime all over my roots and growth stops.

DD is actually using both those products in his buckets, so i wonder if it was the nutes. although he doesnt run a reganblower but a hiblow 80 so that might be it

I've been running floranova and floralicous plus and its been awesome. ph stable as shit and no slop

M

mcattak

1st post

doing my first rdwc mpb 16k 15 buckets soon to be 24k 15 buckets

cns 17 base nute

2 pumps
4000 gph for the nutrient feed to all 15 buckets
5000 gph drippers for all 15 buckets

ecoplus comm 7 air pump for all 15 buckets 200lpm

Found roots ex about 2 years ago and have been using in rockwool with great results

have a couple of questions-

Been running the roots ex in a mostly sterile (h2o2) environment - from what i understood roots ex doesnt have anything living in it and is okay in the sterile environment--Is that true?

Always ran it during veg and first 3 weeks of flower for root growth. Went to h&g website and it says to run throughout the flowering period and it will protect the roots from disease--Anyone run the roots ex throughout the flowering process?

M

Malachi

I realize this thread is a little old, but I figured I would chime in with my experience. First of all I use GH FloaNova nutes and love them. The trick is to mix all your nutes in a gallon jug 1/2 filled with water and shake the shit out of it until it is dissolved and then slowly add it to your res while it is circulating. If using an ebb and flow setup it is a good idea to run a secondary circulating pump for the res. As far as use with airstones it doesn't change the PH at all, it is a very stable nutrient. On a side note the flora nova bloom contains 4% Cal and 2% Mag so it is a very good all around nutrient. I know of people who use it as a stand alone all the way through the plants entire life cycle (sort of like a one bottle lucas formula) I personally add like 2ml of cal/mag per gal, some beneficials and carbs and a bloom booster. I would like to do a side by side with strait floranova bloom and see the difference though.

S

sickboy

For what its worth, I currently run the GH, full line up. I have two 75 gallon res' that I keep bubbling 24/7. Along with the other parts, I use the Floralicious Plus and the bottle actually says to "keep the solution aerated" in the hydroponic directions section.
Not sure if somebody already said this.

M

MediMary

hey texas.. are you running the H&G line?
whats your views on this thread a few months down the line? have u came across any info ?
any experiance with floranova bloom?

E

ecsd

i use pbp w/karma and hydroplexand have no problems at all. ph is consistant

Top Bottom