Airy buds pls help

• Thread starter rkeoftheyr99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rkeoftheyr99

Hi everyone thanks for help, i just harvested my plants and trimmed them then hung them to dry. I checked the 5 days later to jar and they looked horrible. Before I chopped the plants looked great and were very dense and hard when i trimmed them and hung them to dry they became airy flat and loose buds look horrible. What went wrong??? ty for the help

R

rkeoftheyr99

PS - they were dried in a pitch black room with dehumid at 40% and temp at around 80

Power OG

Power OG

whats your growing set up? light, nutrients ect? need more info to help you. any pics?
respect
TMB

Power OG

Power OG

interesting, any pics? what strain?, you said 9-1000w lights, so a comercial size grow? hiw many plants? strange i havnt seen this happen, i & all of TMB use the freezer sublimenation drying method.
respect
TMB

R

rkeoftheyr99

the strain is some kind of og not sure 30 plants they were all real dense and hard before trim then when dried they just become fluffy and airy veryweird what is the freezer method?

Power OG

Power OG

never seen it done on a comercial level, but ok i hang for 4 days, then trim and buds go in shoe box with no top, into the freezer for 14days, day 14-21 i pull out for a hour a day, then on day 21 i jar it up, sublimination occurs. i find better tasting, great quaility. All that have tried this method have switched to our sublimination freeze dry method.
Respect
TMB

Dunge

Dunge

Before I chopped the plants looked great and were very dense and hard
Without more information, I suspect your original assertion that the buds were 'very dense' at harvest.
'some kind of og' sound to me like you took this room from another grower?
Is your current round another room full of the same plant?
Hope not.

R

rkeoftheyr99

Without more information, I suspect your original assertion that the buds were 'very dense' at harvest.
'some kind of og' sound to me like you took this room from another grower?
Is your current round another room full of the same plant?
Hope not.

What other information do you need? The clones came from someone who said they were tahoe og. yes my current room is full of the same plant i am just trying to figure out why they were dense and rok hard then when trimmed and hung to dry they turned airy and lost all density

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

never seen it done on a comercial level, but ok i hang for 4 days, then trim and buds go in shoe box with no top, into the freezer for 14days, day 14-21 i pull out for a hour a day, then on day 21 i jar it up, sublimination occurs. i find better tasting, great quaility. All that have tried this method have switched to our sublimination freeze dry method.
Respect
TMB
that will rupture the heads hardcore wont it? have you ever looked through a loupe after doing this to see?

Power OG

Power OG

i actually looked threw 100x micro, no damage to trichs. im looking for the link now, theres a def science behind sublimination. i tried iy my last grow for 1st time, and i have to say i will not dry another way, the flowers flavors were much stronger & refined. quality overall was better. i will look for link, but i promisr if you try a side by side dry, and you will see for yourself.
Respect A-OG
P-OG

Dunge

Dunge

Sorry, this is beyond my experience.
I expect shrinkage, but what you are talking about almost sounds like a reduction in biomass, thus fungi.
This should be evident under dissection and magnification.
Wish I could help, and will follow in hopes you find an answer.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

i actually looked threw 100x micro, no damage to trichs. im looking for the link now, theres a def science behind sublimination. i tried iy my last grow for 1st time, and i have to say i will not dry another way, the flowers flavors were much stronger & refined. quality overall was better. i will look for link, but i promisr if you try a side by side dry, and you will see for yourself.
Respect A-OG
P-OG
you just talked me into trying a branch or two like this for shits and giggles.

i believe the smells, taste and terps of the herb dried this way smell so hard BECAUSE the heads have ruptured and fractured, thus leaving a lot more to be able to "sift" through the air as far as terpenes within the nugs and the smells and characteristics of the plants themselves.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'd say shitty genetics...

I just finished up some Sour Diesel that looked and felt SUPER dense, after 8-10 days of dry/cure they were weightless. Fortunately they look dank as fuck but I still feel hosed.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Sounds like maybe high water content in the plant tissue. What medium were they in and how do you feed? If checked on a brix meter, I bet they were relatively low at harvest. Also, how close were the lights?

Last edited:
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

guys, we are forgetting the aliens that come down and steal half our crop with their laser trimmers.

until we see pics, we cant prove this didnt happen and there arent laser burns...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Respect A-OG
P-OG
Just got done with my 25 days sublimination ...Awesome smoke ! now to do a whole harvest this way would have to throw out all the food outta the freezer.. Oh well don't need to eat anyway !

Latest posts

Top Bottom