Ak-47 By Serious Seeds Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

These are a set of AK-47 seeds from Serious Seeds' gear. I have high hopes for these as I love everything I have tried that has been crossed with AK-47. So I figured I would try to cultivate the root source. Did some research and everything pointed to Serious Seeds as having the best AK-47 genetics, so I ordered some (x10 - I received 11 seeds in the pack, BONUS!) REG's from the Attitude.

Environment:
60" x 60" x 80" grow tent by Apollo
600 watt HPS in hood
Fox Farms soil mixed with ample perlite and peat moss

Water: By hand.
Tent is located in garage. Lights on over night from 5pm to 5am.

Light cycle: currently 24 hours on

Current assessment: "A" is in super stretch mode. I just installed a new 4 tube 4' T5 ficture over these, so they were a little slow with the low temps, but now with the extra light, they are taking off again!

Ak 47 by serious seeds grow journal
Ak 47 by serious seeds grow journal 2
Ak 47 by serious seeds grow journal 3
Ak 47 by serious seeds grow journal 4

H

happy b

You cannot go wrong with some serious AK47 . I love the strength of A . IT'S so pungent some phenos have a kind of vinegary smell . I love it . nice one mr growguy

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
First strain I ever grew! We had a cut from the mid-late 90's that just crushed it. Notsure what serious has been up to latelybut you should find a keeper. :)

K

kolah

Sensi puts down some good beanies. A great old classic for sure..always wanted to try AK-47 outdoors. I have grown quite a few AK crosses outdoors with stellar results. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a cherry pheno AK.

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Good luck brother. They look great. I grew them a few times. Always a classic to me, and they clone well too..

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

The runt (I) is still a runt. Still only the cotyledon, the secondary leaves aren't even started yet.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Anything looking male on the ak side? Got an old ak dying for some nut.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

There had butter be a nutter, dammit! I'm looking for a stud amongst them.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

nice and clean grow area...damn nice plants too

Thanks!

Some pics of feeding day (their first semi heavy feeding - only worm castings, so it's fairly gentle). I water and/or feed just a little bit every two or three days. I don't let the root dry out at all. If that was the case, then hydroponics would likely have less roots overall, but that is just opposite of anything I have seen. But you need, need oxygen to the roots, too. That is why I mix a lot of perlite in the soil to promote great drainage.

pics inc.

IMG 0371
IMG 0370
IMG 0372
IMG 0378
IMG 0373

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Side note of the day: Side-by-side comparison to the Chemdog 91, the AK-47 in general are showing slightly negative reactions (still the plant is healthy and vigorously growing, and the new growth do not show the following symptoms) to the environment. Some of the older leaves have spots, where it seems they were chemical burnt with the foliage sprays, maybe. However, those leaves were developing as I transferred the plants to outside of the dome, so they could have been just hit harder than most. Also, none of the other plants in the same environment are showing any of these signs. The AK's, in my comparative experience, seem to be a little more sensitive than others in veg, but overall, they are more vigorous in veg than the Chems, which is OK to pretty-good to begin with. And now that they have recovered, they're general health is getting back to excellent.

Top Bottom