Ak-47 By Serious Seeds Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Looking good!

Are those fem seeds or regs? Are you purposely growing out males?

I noticed some cool purple stems as well.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Looking good!

Are those fem seeds or regs? Are you purposely growing out males?

I noticed some cool purple stems as well.

The AK 47's are regular seeds, I have and will run some fem seeds on the side of my main grows. But I'm focusing on breeding as a hobby. I'm looking for a good male, yes. And I think it's going well.

"D" is looking like a good male so far, only going by growing structure as it's too early to do a proper stem rub, and the buds haven't clustered yet to see how dense this male is. I actually left this one in the main flower room for an extra day just in case it surprises me.

Now, these purple stems, I am doing what I can to make sure to keep the cal mag up, but I think the cold nights are adding to the purpling.

I still have the big question about that male that is flowing under 24 hour light cycles. These are not supposed to be auto, but I've had two plants (one male and one female) from the same pack flower under 24 hrs of lights on...

Should I cull this male if I want to be absolutely sure to not have auto traits in my breeding projects?

K

kolah

I'm far from an expert grower but I wouldn't grow out anything that flowers out way too early.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

First up today - "C"

And her dual horns. She tried to grow two tops on the same stem.

IMG 0674
IMG 0675
IMG 0678
IMG 0680
IMG 0681
IMG 0683

Next up - Daddy "D"

Cut the mains back, all but the two most mature.

IMG 0666
IMG 0667
IMG 0668
IMG 0669

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

AK-47 "E" is a male. pics will come eventually. Now I have one very sativa leaning and one mostly indica leaning (plus one autoflowering - now culled) male.

If anyone has used AK-47 males, please let me know which one is more commonly sought after? I will of course pick my male based on observation of what I have in front of me, but any info helps! Please help :)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Forgot to take pics of "E". Either way, here is "C". I had one of my Chemdog 91 males pop a blossom or five, so I used one small side branch to play around with. She is starting to frost up, no close-up pics yet, stoned.

IMG 0718
IMG 0729
IMG 0731

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I culled "E" only because it was not up-taking N well. "D" may not be as tight of a flower cluster, but it is healthy and grows well.
Both plants were exposed to almost perfectly identical environments, substrates, and water/feeding. (I did save the father clone of "E" in case I drastically change my mind.

IMG 0735
IMG 0743
IMG 0744

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Check out the different pheno types, just in the veg stage. Nearly identical environments. Given, "G" was more recently pruned than the others. They were only watered for the last few times, so this time they got a nice dose of tea. Most of the nasty leaves and the reason I pruned as much as I did was due to me not diluting the bug spray solution enough. It's a new cocktail, live and learn.

For the record: "G", "F", and "B" are all showing female under 24hr lights on. "F" is in the back right, behind "G". The lights are off during these pics because of our winter heat wave, at 83 degrees with all lights off in the garage. Luckily, the flower room lights don't turn on til night. And even with the heat, it is supposed to be 65 deg at night.

IMG 0757
IMG 0759
IMG 0760

Last edited:
Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
AK-47 "E" is a male. pics will come eventually. Now I have one very sativa leaning and one mostly indica leaning (plus one autoflowering - now culled) male.

If anyone has used AK-47 males, please let me know which one is more commonly sought after? I will of course pick my male based on observation of what I have in front of me, but any info helps! Please help :)

I grew AK47s outside last summer. I have a feeling that the seeds were older seeds which had been around for awhile as the owner seemed happy to get rid of them. 10 of 11 popped and I really had very little variation.

AK47group

The only one which was markedly distinct was twice as bushy as the rest.

AK47feno2

This one below hermed on me , just a couple of branches so easy to spot and eliminate. It was the smallest pot.

AK47herm

Had 3 males , which flowered way too early so I chose the one that took longer to fully flower. Don't know if that is good but seemed better to me. Looks like it needed water when I took the photo.

AK47male

sorry the photo is not better - a female clone is also in the photo. Got lots of seeds.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I am sad to report that for the exception [so far] of "D", and "I" which was deformed (I did end up tossing it), all of the seeds from the pack have auto flowered. Will wait and see if the clone of "D" autos.

When I put "D" into the flower room, it had not yet shown signs. I am not 100% sure what "E" is going to be, but I think male. If it autos male, it gets the boot. If female, then don't get me wrong, I am going to flower it and enjoy it! I just can't use it in my plans for breeding. Oh well...

I think the girls from the pack are going to turn out pretty well, but I think I am over-all not happy with the growing part of it all, mostly because of the auto-flowering. Two of the plants had/have high N requirement, where the others were just fine. That I can handle, just by learning the plant.

Eh, I can't wait to sample the end result though.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

After thinking it out and considering my goal of finding good breeding specimens, I have decided to pull the auto flowering AK's from the line up. The following were culled today: "C", "F", and "G". Some will still be watched for auto flowering and may be culled at a later time if I see it happening.

On the brighter side, here is a pic of "C"

IMG 1028

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Not so good news from the garden for the AK's. I try to keep things happy, but out of the whole pack, all but one has been an auto. And that one ("D") happened put into flower before it auto'd because it vegged well. But today I came home to a hermied "C" plant. Of the whole pack I still have "H" which is still in veg almost ready for flower, but it is auto'ing also, just has not shown what it will be. "B" is in the flower room and was an auto. As long as it doesn't hermie, I will finish it, just for the smoke. Finally, I have "D" as a daddy, I am watching the clone of him to see if he is going to auto. If not, then GREAT, because he was a very nice male in flower. Lots of nice clusters of male flowers. But if it autos, then oh well, it's gone.

I hate bringing bad news, and I know the hermies were a product of heat from the last heat wave we had (during the end of winter, wtf), and possibly my own influences. But I only have "B", "D", "H" going and only "D" is possibly non-auto. I did watch some of them fully start to flower in veg, not just show sex, but bud up. I am not mad, just disappointed with this pack. It may just be me or this particular pack, but my experience was shitty almost entirely because my goal was to find a decent male and female to use to make some seeds with. I have other plants going now and [for example] only 1 of my whole chem pack has had any issue so far growing in exact same environment.

Anyways, here are some pics of what I saw today on "C":

IMG 1034 IMG 1037 IMG 1038

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Now don't get me wrong, the space is valuable, and I already have clones ready in the line up, thanks @happyb for that advice when I started these (may have been from a different thread)

Anyways, the whole thing is still positive because I am still going to grow some dank! Just a bummer because I have always really liked AK-47 and its crosses, like a lot. Probably my favorite overall (taste, smokeability, and growability)plant I have grown was the Critical #47.

PS: Oh, and "H" has bounced back a ton since adding more N.

Last edited:
Top Bottom