Ak-47 By Serious Seeds Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SourDank

SourDank

@mrgrowguy sorry if you already answered this but is this new AK stock from serious? And if not how old are they? They look amazing man, very nice

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@mrgrowguy sorry if you already answered this but is this new AK stock from serious? And if not how old are they? They look amazing man, very nice

I purchased these seeds from the 'Tude several months ago. I would say a few months before Christmas.

I love getting home before lights on :)

IMG 1393

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Thanks guys, I'm stoked on this girl. I could use a good one too . Went through a pack of chem and a pack of AK-47 and ended up with one good female, and possibly one good male from the chem.

Oh well, that's what I'm in it for anyways, pheno hunting!

Let the hunt continue!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

So much for for everyone that says serious seeds stock has gone to shit, your killing it brother

Just to be perfectly honest, the pack did not come without troubles. I documented everything previously in this thread, but I had a bit of a problem with auto flowering with this pack, and a few hermies, but again, this one plant was worth it. And somehopefully stellar crosses will result ;)

Even with setbacks, gotta keep lookin up!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I posted this in my Tangerine Power diary already, sorry for the double post... But you can see a good comparison of the AK to the rest of the plants. The Underdawg OG is well into week 5, the Mango Tango is around week 10, and XJ and Tahoe are around 3ish weeks to give an idea of what you're comparing things to. And that's a yard stick (inches not cm). The Underdawg is floor level so the yard stick starts at soil level to the Underdawg. The AK is on an upside down 2 gal pot. The rest you can see.

IMG 1403

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Just some info, it looks like it will go the long run. She is putting out new calyx still. I hope it's just a long finisher due to the heat stress from the 2 heat waves and not fox tailing because of it... She looks great though. No foxtails yet...

S

Seed Buyer

Your Ak looks great bro!

In April of 2001 I was a college senior and budding grower (definite pun intended) on vacation in Amsterdam and ended spending most of that time hanging at Somas flat. The first time we went over to his place to hang and talk shop there was another old hippy dude sitting in the corner not saying a word. Looked like Radar from MASH but with a uber burly beard. Anyway, I am explaining to Soma that I am mainly growing Serious Seeds Ak-47 and Soma interrupts me and explains that Ak 47 was the creation of "Radar" still sitting quietly in the corner. Apparently when Soma and Radar moved to Amsterdam Radar was working with Simon of Serious Seeds and some of his crew and they basically muscled out Radar and took his Ak 47 and claimed it as their own and made a grip of money selling the seeds. Ak 47 is an American creation! Sorry for the tangent.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@Seed Buyer tangents welcome, sounds dramatic. I'm just happy to have this one (so far) great plant. And I can't wait to see the result of my chucking to see if the progeny are worth working.

Anyways, plant is looking great, sugar leaves are yellowing. Took some off to help those wounds heal to help slow the drying process... Soon, very soon.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Not the best news on the AK front, I found a single nanner on the plant. Couldn't find any others, but I have isolated her for a few days in a dark closet to hopefully thicken up a tad more and I will harvest her. She is smelling up my whole garage in delicious fruity goodness.

picture was taken a few days ago.

IMG 1455

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm growing the same from Serious seeds. Despite my noob mistakes nearly killing them they are doing well. Great diary. This is my ladies at 19 days flower. I bought 5 regular seeds and all were female. They pre flowered during veg like a dream and flowered within 48 hrs of flipping. That was at 28 days old in veg. What was your yield? also I absolutely love the ak 47 for smoking. My all time fave but I can't get it near me so I grew my own .

Screenshot 2015 08 21 18 58 47
R

Rodehazrd

Hi I'm a newby to indoors.I've read that 24 hour light causes more male from reg seeds
I'm just starting an ak grow and have always left the cfl on 24 hrs with other seeds
I blamed bad luck for my multiple males could it be the light cycle

Top Bottom