Ak-47 By Serious Seeds Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

Sorry to hear of your troubles on this grow, MMG. Seemed like you had it dialed in pretty tight. Understood on the winter heatwave. In my sector, I can adjust for cold as long as the power stays on, but heat is much harder to combat, even with good ventilation.

Keep grinding, man. I'm interested to see how your AK journey develops as you adjust.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

This definitely is pushing me to make my homemade ac

Although, sometimes things like this come as a hidden blessing, considering that I want breeding specimens, so I lucked out in filtering these ones out early.

I grow just for my own medical needs, so I always have more than I need. This is more of a super enjoyable hobby for me.

C

Cratticus

I feel your pain. I went through almost the exact same thing with my AK grow. Out of 11 seeds I got 3 decent females and zero males. The rest hermi'd on me and were killed. Serious told me I screwed up, and since all 11 seeds popped, they were off the hook. But I didn't get a single male from my pack of regular seeds.

These were grown right next to sour diesel seedlings germinated at the same time. My sour d's behaved great.

I'm not far from harvesting my 3 AKs, one turned out to be a beast, the other 2 aren't so good, smaller less dense buds.

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks for sharing and wanted to share my info.

G gnome

G gnome

Did white russian for years love it. Bubble gum a time or 2 as well.
As far as Dutch gear goes serious is my first pick. Oh yeah and kalishnakova didnt do so hot though it yielded well. It just didn't pack a very good punch

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

"H" went into the flower room one or two days ago. Took a pic as soon as I had time. I noted dates on the legend and the photos are date stamped.

"H" has not yet shown to be auto flower, btw. I will still watch the clone as I am going to do with "D". Maybe I will get lucky and have one male and one female that are not auto flower. Hopefully not hermie either :) LOL, probability is vastly stacked against me at this point! But oh well, here's to hopin'!

IMG 1042 IMG 1043 IMG 1044 IMG 1045

H

happy b

Did white russian for years love it. Bubble gum a time or 2 as well.
As far as Dutch gear goes serious is my first pick. Oh yeah and kalishnakova didnt do so hot though it yielded well. It just didn't pack a very good punch
Kalashnikova,isn't that Arjans attempt to rip off White Russian?you can't compare greenhouse to serious seeds ther is no comparison . as far as dutch seed banks go serious is the one of the bezt especially since they started doing all the magus genetics gear . magus warlock is MEGA DANK . AS Is the AK . PURE vinegary dankness!

H

happy b

Kalishnakova was a freebie. I gave it a sbot. Mentioned it cuz its an AK cross.
Nothing wrong with giving a wee freebie a spot in yr grow . how did the Kalashnikova compare to the white Russian?I think I have an idea but you never know . personally I didn't like WR but I don't think I got very good phenos . but AK & bubble gum wer definite do againers.

G gnome

G gnome

Nothing wrong with giving a wee freebie a spot in yr grow . how did the Kalashnikova compare to the white Russian?I think I have an idea but you never know . personally I didn't like WR but I don't think I got very good phenos . but AK & bubble gum wer definite do againers.
That's too bad about the wr. I had a winner fer sure. The kalish didn't hold a candle to the wr. Did about the same yield wise. But the kalish was not as tasty and def not as strong. I only had the freebie so hard to say. It generally wasnt similar at all different structure taste bud formation. The bbg was a great smoke but not very economical

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

The only ak I am letting finish, it seems very nice, but I am watchign it like a freakin hawk :)

I believe this is "B", lights out so I can't check. But I will verify later since it is the only one still running.

IMG 1152
IMG 1153

Quagmire

Quagmire

What a beautiful plant and thanks for letting us see her.. I grew this exact plant from SS Seeds and she was amazing.. dang pheno looks just like yours too, I mean her twin.. so shows how stable their seeds are eh? she doesn't put on the frost until about half way thru flowering and then, BAM.. it's everywhere, so the show will begin soon man, can't wait.. I crossed her to a Chemdog D x Purple Wreck/BMS bx3 and made something I called "Wardawg" .. have many good reports from the 900 seeds I gave out.. so she's a good one to use as a mother to pollinate my friend.
well, gonna watch the show, staying tuned.. peace

G gnome

G gnome

Oooweeeee. Looks like your gonna have some nice big tops.
What a beautiful plant and thanks for letting us see her.. I grew this exact plant from SS Seeds and she was amazing.. dang pheno looks just like yours too, I mean her twin.. so shows how stable their seeds are eh? she doesn't put on the frost until about half way thru flowering and then, BAM.. it's everywhere, so the show will begin soon man, can't wait.. I crossed her to a Chemdog D x Purple Wreck/BMS bx3 and made something I called "Wardawg" .. have many good reports from the 900 seeds I gave out.. so she's a good one to use as a mother to pollinate my friend.
well, gonna watch the show, staying tuned.. peace
thats one good thing about ss is theres no a whole lot of variations. True breeding. Not pollen chucking

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I'm liking this one so much I seeded two side branches with my Chemdog 91 male and the other with my mango tango male for a project for later :)

Just pollen chucking right now, but if I like the next gen I will actually breed them down to a selection. This plant started to flower before 12/12, which is something to breed out, but it may be worth it, as a later project of course. Even the stems are getting covered in trichomes.

Also, these tops are going to be bigger than almost all other plants in the tent right now, and she's the smallest/bushiest of them all.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

OK, no pics just yet, just got back from an Angels game and need to get to bed soon, but this girl is really turning out to be a snow covered Amazonian goddess. Well, literary freedoms aside, she really is quite stunning already. The upper fan leaves are almost completely covered, or at least the majority of the bigger ones. The resin smells sweet but stern. The only thing I can relate it to from direct experience from growing from seed is the Critical #47 I grew out last year. That Critical #47 was probably the closest thing to my highest preferences in all categories being completely satisfied of all plants I have grown myself (other than potency which was still good but not exceptional). I couldn't house the mother during the hot months given my situation last year, so I lost her.But this AK reminds me of that smell. I sure hope the AK used in the C#47 breeding was a similar pheno to what I am running. That would be great for me. But I have lost all other plants to hermies and autoflowering (this one also showed preflower sexing, but I didn't give it enough time to see if it was a full blown auto or not. But it seems to be worth my trying - happy to report that the pollen has taken on both sites and crosses/hybrids be a brewin'), so this one is it and I will be watching it closely.

Lengthy post, sorry - just smoked a very large bowl of Sage n Sour.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Just some pics - A discerning characteristic of this plant, 3 bladed secondary leaves. Some of the mid fan leaves have 4 - 5. And the larger fan leaves almost all have 7 blades. In the plants I have grown, I haven't seen many plants go all the way back down to 3 blades. Except for my XJ-13 cut, picked that one up in Santa Ana, now she is truly unique. Anyways, on with the pics.

IMG 1240
IMG 1241
IMG 1242
IMG 1259

IMG 1256
IMG 1257
IMG 1258

H

happy b

Oooweeeee. Looks like your gonna have some nice big tops.
thats one good thing about ss is theres no a whole lot of variations. True breeding. Not pollen chucking
Yes definetly g gnome.the serious AK is solid from a stability point of veiw.plus it IS actually solid aswell with a solid yeild.when i grew serious ak the smell was so strong and pungent it put me in mind of vinegar.AK could stand shoulder to shoulder with any of the big name og,s or other well known potent strains and be just as good.plus as you say g gnome its really stable aswell.so is theyr bubble gum.VERY stable infact.iv grown out serious BG a good few times from seed and i really only ever got 2 different pheno,s and that was just mainly bud structure.taste and high wise they were really similar.talking about the AK & BG is making me want to go get a few packs.a pity theyr all fems now.same with sensi star and stuff.heart breaking.

Top Bottom