Ak-48 Auto First Grow

• Thread starter King boona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King boona

King boona

Man I hope this grow works out I'm getting a little disheartened.
Now I have the new soil on the way would u suggest transplanting asap?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Don't give yourself a heart attack. It's just a plant. No rocket science there involved. Let them go another week to get them out of stress than transplant. Unless you see they're not doing ok. I'd only water them for now since your soil is precharged. Try not to over water. Just keep root zone moist and let them dry out between waterings.

King boona

King boona

Day 9.
Not looking great. Iv seen someone's ak-48 at day 15 looking quite mature. Not like this.
Think I'm putting it down to the soil. Any more constructive criticism would be great

Azhden

Azhden

Hard to tell in the pic and sorry if I missed the answer somewhere, but how close is that LED to the ladies? If it has "3w diodes" make sure it's about 18 inches +/- away in veg (around 12 - 14 +/- in flower), I've noticed problems when you get LEDs to close to leaves/plants/buds. Make sure to mess around a little with the distance, wait half a week or so to notice if your plants really like the new light position or not.

I had "nutrient uptake" problems at the leaves on plants too close to powerful LEDs, the bottom of the plant was burning at the tips from too much food and the tops of my plants are still yellowing/crisping/clawing/brown spotting/etc... raised the LEDs a bit and problem was solved shortly after.

Figure I would pass on some LED info I have had to learn the hard way over the 2 years I've had them :D

King boona

King boona

Thanx mate ill try that. I was told by grow genius. Com to keep it 6-8 inches so ill take it further away.

H

happy b

I got a feeling youv over watered your soil.have you let your soil dry out a good bit between waterings?the brown bits look like damping off which happens when your growing medium is too wet.all this is detrimental to your final harvest because its an auto and you only have a certain amount of time,so any slowing of growth will affect yeild but DONT WORRY.no one gets it right firdt time.over watering is a mistake more or less EVERY GROWER makes when they start.dont get disheartened by it,just learn from each grow and do as much reading up on grow info as you can.get obsessed and become a sponge.before you know it you will be the one dishing out advice.

King boona

King boona

Thanx I think you might be right. With the first watering I fed from the bottom and left for about an hour in which time the soil had absorbed alot of water.
So attempt number 3 then. Iv got some biobizz light mix coming today along with calmag and a soil tester so, hopfully next time.
I have 1 ak48 seed left which will probably turn out male or not germinate at my luck rate. But ill plant that soon. Thanx

King boona

King boona

I have done alot of research since August and tried to sponge up as much as possible iv definatly learnt a whole lot more than I evan thought possible. I will keep reading on and learning.
I bought the ak48 seeds thinking they were easier to grow but obviously they have there down sides to.
Would you suggest going for a normal plant strain next time? If so any suggestions?. I dont have alot of money so I need to find my seeds as cheap as I can. Thanx again

King boona

King boona

Plants havnt changed much for a couple days so there probably not going to do to well. Soil has dried up quite nicly so if I did over water is there a chance of it pulling threw? I'm not to worried about the yield this time round as it's a learning curve.
Let me run threw my set up again.
So temp sits around 24c humidity is around 30 I think it seems to go up slightly when I open the door not sure why.
I have fan in, fan for circulation and an extractor fan. Soil was full of nutes so that could have been my problem along with my stupidity with over watering. 280watt led from Mars Hydro, +2x cfl. The led panel is about 12inchs away. And that's about it
I have biobizz nutes
Calmag+ - will need guidance on this.
Water I pH at around 6.8 with pH up and pH down.

Azhden

Azhden

A lot of cheap (and or free seeds) to be had, just have to find the right (non greedy) breeders'... KCBrains, Nirvana/Positronics, White Label, The Dragons Lair', Seedsman/World of Seeds, Mandala, etc. etc. etc...

No need to spend tons of $ on seeds, most of those companies are ~30$ for a 10 pack, I hear DL' gives them out for free in almost all cases :cool: you just have to find a way to get a hold of him' ;)

Don't get to discouraged on your first try, we all make mistakes over the years/grows and over watering is one of the first bad habits to be broken.

Take it easy,
Azh' ;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

If you're looking for beans I'm willing to share some with you. I don't know what strain it is but the smoke is awesome and I'm keeping it in my grow everytime. Seeds are regular so you'll have cull the males.

Keep it green!

King boona

King boona

Thanx guys loving the support. Im going to keep strong and fight threw the downs till I get some highs.
And if you willing to share some seeds about I'd be over the moon =)

Azhden

Azhden

Might be able to spare a few... but only the ones with tiger stripes and leopard dots :p

DSCN3352

The 'full' but pale and premature ones go into making a healing salve ;)

King boona

King boona

I dont like to scrounge off people but iv bought a couple batch's and have failed so far so the cost is starting to add up. Would appreciate any donations =)

Top Bottom