Alibaba and LED lights

• Thread starter 1Dobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Arent they screwed into a frame and wired up? I guess its still easy enough.

And i only pay $60 for my bulbs. Not going to cover a board. I have no interest in the low power boards. I will need heat sinks.
My spare HLG V1 board was $60, now they are $45. The V2 boards are $65 from HLG now, I pay $70+ for a HID bulb. My boards are screwed into the heatsink, which is my frame. Heatsinks dont go bad....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My spare HLG V1 board was $60, now they are $45. The V2 boards are $65 from HLG now, I pay $70+ for a HID bulb. My boards are screwed into the heatsink, which is my frame. Heatsinks dont go bad....

Of course not. But they are attached to the boards. What wattage boards are those prices?

Maybe i will build one for the veg tent instead of replacing my flourescent bulbs this time.

Hard to switch. T-5’s grow great veg plants.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Of course not. But they are attached to the boards. What wattage boards are those prices?

Maybe i will build one for the veg tent instead of replacing my flourescent bulbs this time.

T5s sure do. I went back actually for my early veg state butthat’s cause all my board setups where overkill

basscaptain

basscaptain

I didn't insult you. I said if you dont discuss the cons....

But you wont even entertain them. Thats an emotional decision. And it is what i am trying to get new growers not to make. Thats what the sellers want you to do.
You are insulting Him and others......
Your the REASON I'm Leaving here.................... Get over yourself..........................................

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

That depends on the driver. With my fixtures, they have (2) 288 diode boards attached to the XW heatsink. Turned all the way up, I read 290 watts at the wall(15-20 watts of that is to power driver). So (1) board would be about 135 watts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are insulting Him and other......
Your the REASON I'm Leaving here.................... Get over yourself..........................................

You are leaving because i dont agree with you?

Thats silly.

I havent insulted anyone. If I disagree I state my reasons. When people invest in stuff they lose their perspective.

If you are so upset and turn that fast on someone i would like to send your nice christmas present back to you. Pm me an address.

Or calm down. This is just a weed site on the fucking internet.

BloodShot

BloodShot

Check out aetreum lighting kits. You have to build them yourself but they're not difficult to do.
I'm using three of Atreum lightings 288.2 boards and two of their two foot light bars with added deep red supplementation in my 2x4x5 tent.
Not a problem so far and would buy again.

CPT Dann

CPT Dann

You are insulting Him and others......
I truly hope you decide to stay or pm me where you’re going. I got a lot from your posts.
Also, could you tell me what the footprint of these lights are in veg and flower? I’m trying to figure out what I need in a 6’ x 12’ room with a light rail. I’m getting rid of DE and I am trying to decide if I go with CMH 630 watt lights or LEDs. I have no experience with LED’s so the lingo is totally new. Thanks much and stick around 😉

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I truly hope you decide to stay or pm me where you’re going. I got a lot from your posts.
Also, could you tell me what the footprint of these lights are in veg and flower? I’m trying to figure out what I need in a 6’ x 12’ room with a light rail. I’m getting rid of DE and I am trying to decide if I go with CMH 630 watt lights or LEDs. I have no experience with LED’s so the lingo is totally new. Thanks much and stick around 😉
I don't think that @basscaptain is leaving the forum..just this particular thread.
If I may suggest..You can always PM him..Good people there!

You have 72 sq ft..
You will need 35 watts minimum per sq ft or more.
So at minimum you want 2520 watts for that sized room. I run them and have over 7o watts per sq ft! (I dim as needed).
The lights grow some substantial weed and for my $$, the company is solid!

Never heard of anyone using a light mover, but I don't see why not.

basscaptain

basscaptain

your in Great Hands with Buzz posting here....... he Helped Me...... Thanks I'll be here.........

CPT Dann

CPT Dann

I don't think that @basscaptain is leaving the forum..just this particular thread.
If I may suggest..You can always PM him..Good people there!

You have 72 sq ft..
You will need 35 watts minimum per sq ft or more.
So at minimum you want 2520 watts for that sized room. I run them and have over 7o watts per sq ft! (I dim as needed).
The lights grow some substantial weed and for my $$, the company is solid!

Never heard of anyone using a light mover, but I don't see why not.

Thank you Buzz. I wasn’t sure about light rails at first but after I tried them I cut way down on my larf. I’m a little confused but I was thinking you we’re talking about the Alibaba led lights-correct? Thanks again.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you Buzz. I wasn’t sure about light rails at first but after I tried them I cut way down on my larf. I’m a little confused but I was thinking you we’re talking about the Alibaba led lights-correct? Thanks again.
Yes..I run the Alibaba Kingbrite lights..HLG, Atriums, and Photons too (I think Photon is gone). I just have not seen anyone using a light mover with LEDs..BUT..a fast Google search revealed this!

CPT Dann

CPT Dann

Yes..I run the Alibaba Kingbrite lights..HLG, Atriums, and Photons too (I think Photon is gone). I just have not seen anyone using a light mover with LEDs..BUT..a fast Google search revealed this!

Man that was quick. Thanks so much. I’ve had an account for awhile but haven’t used it before. I’m still trying to learn how it works.

Man that was quick. Thanks so much. I’ve had an account for awhile but haven’t used it before. I’m still trying to learn how it works. I read where you can buy replacement boards/parts. Do you recomend Alibaba for those as well?

CPT Dann

CPT Dann

Are you getting your parts from Alibaba also? If not, where do you recommend?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Man that was quick. Thanks so much. I’ve had an account for awhile but haven’t used it before. I’m still trying to learn how it works.

Man that was quick. Thanks so much. I’ve had an account for awhile but haven’t used it before. I’m still trying to learn how it works. I read where you can buy replacement boards/parts. Do you recomend Alibaba for those as well?
I have not bought replacement boards, but if I did, I would try and get the same exact ones that they replaced..unless I replaced all of them, at once. There is something called thermal runaway that is possible with unmatched diodes. never saw it, but it is supposed to be real. My own replacements that are on hand are just the Atriums, and a few HLG 132's (no heatsink) that I would use until something else arrived. Don't get me wrong..those Atriums and 132's are also great. I just like the newer Kingbrite a LITTLE bit better. Since I have a few brands, I have compared them to each other as to quality, fit and finish, etc. I see no differences from any of them. Here are a few shots under my Kingbrites this Dec.

Disclaimer: There is a high end Unitfarm 175 watt Burple along side the Kingbrite..thus the different photo tints!
Finnish Frost is Blue Dream x White Fire - 7East Genetics. They used my pictures on their FB page..😁
Last one is yesterday's Trichome shot.😛
Finnish Frost
DSC 1758
DSC 1761
DSC 1757
Snap3

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have not bought replacement boards, but if I did, I would try and get the same exact ones that they replaced..unless I replaced all of them, at once. There is something called thermal runaway that is possible with unmatched diodes. never saw it, but it is supposed to be real. My own replacements that are on hand are just the Atriums, and a few HLG 132's (no heatsink) that I would use until something else arrived. Don't get me wrong..those Atriums and 132's are also great. I just like the newer Kingbrite a LITTLE bit better. Since I have a few brands, I have compared them to each other as to quality, fit and finish, etc. I see no differences from any of them. Here are a few shots under my Kingbrites this Dec.

Disclaimer: There is a high end Unitfarm 175 watt Burple along side the Kingbrite..thus the different photo tints!
Finnish Frost is Blue Dream x White Fire - 7East Genetics. They used my pictures on their FB page..😁
Last one is yesterday's Trichome shot.😛
View attachment 926600View attachment 926601View attachment 926602View attachment 926603View attachment 926606
If I havn't said this to you this Yr...
Thank You for Cutting Out all the BS with lights for me asap...🥰😗🤪

Top Bottom