Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Nice update.. We like 2 see veg pics 2.. So we can compare different leaf patterns on the plants.. Thanks 4 the update..
Anytime Goo, I have so much time compared to when school gets going, it's crazy! I could take photos and write updates all day =) I am working on some fun projects right now in the garage, that should make things extra nice this year, so I will share about that as it develops out of the sketch book. Thanks for stopping by.
Sweet...still on the first page! Nice looking seedlings.

Love the anticipation of dropping new beans and
waiting to see what rises! I'm glad I found this early.

Grow Safe

SDC
I love that anticipation too SDC, glad to have you onboard for another fire grow show! 3 of my runs last year were from seed so it was exciting every time, but they were feminized seed, so this time around we will see how many females I get before anything really starts getting exciting!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey farmers, I hope you all had an enjoyable week, the weekend is almost here! I thought I would share a quick little update about the seedlings.

I moved all 10 seedlings (5 LAD and 5 AGR) out from under the 4ft T5 Fluorescent yesterday, and put them under my 400w Metal Halide bulb, which I keep in an air-cooled hood. The bulb is roughly 18-20 inches above the tops of the seedlings right now, I think a good level for a couple days of hardening off to the higher light intensity and radiant heat.

The 3rd and 4th set of leaves are both visible as little specs in the center of the growing 2nd set of leaves right now. I think the growth rate of these plants will continue to increase at a rapid pace if nothing goes wrong over the next couple weeks.

Here are a couple pictures taken this morning about halfway into the plant's lights-on schedule. They are already stinking up the room when I bump the plants during watering, very nice smell when I give the leaves a light rub, mostly a piney kush scent at the moment. I hope lemon takes over soon :D

IMG 4532
IMG 4535

Thanks for checking things out! Still a ways away from any sticky trichome covered buds in macro mode, but I think, as Goo said, that checking out leaf shapes as the plants mature will be interesting, so I will try to do at least 1 update with a mature leaf from every seedling in a photo. . . . once they have leaves to spare of course :)

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Your squad looks vigorous Meeks, they impress me:D
Thanks Krasi! That means a lot coming from you, since your seedlings were the fastest growers I have ever seen! I am already past the point at which you flowered your seedlings, and they are nowhere close to the size of yours!

Those are some healthy babies meeks
Thanks D, they are looking just about perfect in my opinion, only 2 seedlings appear to be lagging behind the rest of the group, and only by about a day of growth at this point. There is also a seedling I am almost certain is a male (if not I'm super stoked), because it is a day ahead of all the fast growing seedlings, and has significantly larger leaves. I am excited to see more variation (although hopefully not too much) as the plants come into maturity over the next week or two!

they seem to be comin along nicely :)
Thanks winta, yes I would have to agree, they are coming along beautifully! Stop by anytime!

Very healthy specimens!!!! Looks clean and organized.. Love the seedling pic with all the labels in the same spot! LOL... Love it .. Congratulations on all the hard work.

Peace
OC
Much appreciated OC, I am glad you noticed my attention to detail! I always wonder if I have a bit of OCD when I'm working with my plants, because I really go crazy making everything perfect some days. Always happy to share with interested viewers!

Rock that shiz meeks! I ll be peepn too. Thanks for the log, I always like your threads and style.
You got it GP, I'll do my best to keep this log extra updated because of how much time I have over summer. Glad to have you around for the show!

Lookin great so far Meeks! Prepare for some FIRE! . Definitely gonna be along for the ride. Blow it up man. Peace brother! Motiv
Thank you MOTIV! I have been preparing for this fire since the new year, and man I still don't know if I'll be ready when it comes! Your video talking about the AlienGen. plants stinking up your whole house made me so ready to get these girls flowering, haha! Stop by anytime, and let me know if there is anything I should watch out for (other than serious DANK) while growing vegging/flowering these girls.

Thanks to all other viewers also, I know not everyone comments or even 'like's posts, but I encourage you to jump in anytime you have a question or experience to share, I or other readers would be happy to help/learn from what you have to contribute!

-Meeks:cool:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Good evening farmers! It has been pretty quite around here since not much is happening other than the seedlings getting a little bigger leaf by leaf. That's not gonna stop me from sharing a few photos taken a couple days ago and earlier tonight, I hope you all enjoy!

IMG 4542
IMG 4552
IMG 4544
IMG 4549
IMG 4574
IMG 4578

I have propped the seedling 6" pots up a little closer to the 400w MH light using simple turkey trays that do the job of elevating things about 4 inches. With this change the tops of the plants are now between 13-16 inches from the bulb, which I think should be perfect until they get tall enough for me to remove the tray to maintain about that much clearance.

Steady as she goes...

-Meeks:)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
right on meeks got yourself an alien platoon ready for war......those are looking very uniform and healthy probly love that 400watt MH there gonna blow up quick I bet!

keep the pics coming bro got peeps in outerspace watching this one!

Thanks Mitch! They are all getting me excited for different reasons! Although the seedlings look uniform in size (for the most part) in the group pictures, when you get up close and personal with each one you can notice significant differences in leaf shape, size, and growth rate. Some are most likely males because of the larger leaves and faster growth, but one plant in particular that is the largest of them all has trichomes already visible on the new leaves (tiny tiny trichomes) and puts out a great scent when its rubbed! If it is a male, I may have to keep this one even though I don't currently plan on keeping males for breeding.

very healthy...very happy...very nice....keep it comn meeks

Yessir ES, very healthy indeed! You know they are happy when the number of leaflets per leaf goes: 1-3-7, completely skipping over the 5 leaflet leaves that usually make their appearance on the 3rd node of seedlings! Thanks for checkin' in.

Your garden is So freaking HAPPY...... Meeks your plants love you! I can't wait to run some Alien gear.

P.S. I'm a bit OCD myself!!!! LOL It's the mechanical contractor in me.. Level and plumb! LOL
Thanks for the kind words OC, go out and grab a pack of some of the new release from Alien Gen. and I doubt you will be sorry, but keep watching this log over the next few months and you will get a real idea of how a few of his recent crosses grow from start to finish! By the end, maybe you will really want a certain strain, or know for a fact you don't want a certain strain, either way stick around!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Meeks.. I will watch this with a close eye!
Big update coming for everyone tomorrow, check back in and see what has gone down in the last week!

this will be sick!! im watchin this one fo sho! hope all is well dude!
Hey Kush, Glad to see you around the threads! Things are always well here in CA, just took my landlord on a property inspection Sunday, went without a hitch! Hope everything is well with yourself up north, too bad we didn't get to connect during the few days I was up there last month, but it will happen again soon.

Damn kushluvr, haven't seen you in a minute. I was excited to see the results of your thread, but you never finished it.
Not really sure if any of your comment was directed at me, since I think the part about not finishing the last thread could be directed at either Kush or myself, but I figure you mean Kush, so maybe he will see your comment and do an update in his log for us with any picture he might have snapped during that previous grow. And on that note I might look through my old pictures and see what I have too.
*EDIT*, I posted an update/wrap-up to my old thread that was unfinished

Top Bottom