Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Looking good hommie I can't wait to see how th AG's turn out really interested in these since I'm a sour head and a 56 to 63 day sour sound like a dream come true.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
There starting 2 get pretty big.. There lookin great..
Haha Goo, those pics are from a week ago, they are twice the size now and going into 3 gallon pots in an hour :D

i do apologize..........ive barely been on the boards the last few months. lots of new projects! sorry bout that, but things are great!
No worries bro, Glad to have you around when you have the time, hope to see some update from your flower room sometime soon!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looking good hommie I can't wait to see how th AG's turn out really interested in these since I'm a sour head and a 56 to 63 day sour sound like a dream come true.
I'll do my best to show them off ProdigyGrower, a solid keeper that is similar to what Alien has described he found would definitely be a dream! Thanks for joining the show, your work was always very impressive/inspiring when I got to see it!

wow meeks looks like you are doing it up again! seedlings are lookin awesome. im in for the long haul, your journals are always a great read!!
Nice to have you here for this one Kenny, these seedlings are following in the path of those before them, which is a very good thing based on my past results! This log should be exciting to the finish!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I'll do my best to show them off ProdigyGrower, a solid keeper that is similar to what Alien has described he found would definitely be a dream! Thanks for joining the show, your work was always very impressive/inspiring when I got to see it!

Nice to have you here for this one Kenny, these seedlings are following in the path of those before them, which is a very good thing based on my past results! This log should be exciting to the finish!

Thanks for the complement brother I'll be back posting pics in no time but until then I'm using well done logs like yours to make my final decision on what I want to pop. Seeing as everything I have is AAA DANK and really can't go wrong with anything i have. So i'm just trying to get the best idea of what to expect out of the crosses i have to run. Thanks for doing a great log it has already helped me out more than you know. Keep killin it home slice I can't wait to see what you frind stay frosty bro peace.
P.G.

N

NewBudz

All good Kush, I haven't seen you around here at all too recently, so I know you've been busy.

Sorry for the confusion meeks, I was gonna csay your babies look nice too, but I think that goes without saying. ;)

soserthc1

soserthc1

I'M subbed meets as i am running a few grenades also .... wish i had of popped some LAD but i went with rock candy with the grenades so the LAD'S will have to wait - gotta veg mine till sept 22 as i am moving but very interested in seeing one of your shows especially since we have one of the same strains going , i hope to pick up a few pointers from you bro... best of luck ... here is a grenade looks pretty uniform with yours

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Thanks for the complement brother I'll be back posting pics in no time but until then I'm using well done logs like yours to make my final decision on what I want to pop. Seeing as everything I have is AAA DANK and really can't go wrong with anything i have. So i'm just trying to get the best idea of what to expect out of the crosses i have to run. Thanks for doing a great log it has already helped me out more than you know. Keep killin it home slice I can't wait to see what you frind stay frosty bro peace.
P.G.
Can't wait to see what you are workin' with these days for your setup PG, let me know if you start a log and you haven't seen me show my face in your thread! I feel like there is a huge amount of high quality crosses out these days from a handful of breeders, and it makes choosing what to buy/what to pop a real daily struggle!

All good Kush, I haven't seen you around here at all too recently, so I know you've been busy.

Sorry for the confusion meeks, I was gonna csay your babies look nice too, but I think that goes without saying. ;)
Thanks NB, I think I was just really baked at the time of reading your comment, it's very clear that you were talking to Kush, haha! Compliments are always well received here, so don't be afraid to state the obvious :D

I'M subbed meeks as i am running a few grenades also .... wish i had of popped some LAD but i went with rock candy with the grenades so the LAD'S will have to wait - gotta veg mine till sept 22 as i am moving but very interested in seeing one of your shows especially since we have one of the same strains going , i hope to pick up a few pointers from you bro... best of luck ... here is a grenade looks pretty uniform with yours
Glad to hear I will have someone to compare notes with, even though yours will be about a month behind mine I'm thinking. Don't beat yourself up about popping those Rock Candys, that was the strain that I debated getting instead of the LAD forever, really tough decision and I only went with the LAD because of the different male genetics as one of the parents! I like how you showed your seedling with its second set of leaves and say it looks similar :), I think all indica leaning seedlings look very similar until around the 5th-6th node, but these LAD and AGR both seem to have excessively wide leaflets which is true for yours also!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey Farmers! It's been over a week since my last photo update, things have been progressing steadily here, I just had some other things like a landlord inspection to deal with over the weekend so I didn't have time to take a bunch of pictures. I did however get some great photos just before and after transplant from the 6" pots to the 3 gallons pots they now live in! These pics are from 2 nights ago and yesterday, not much has happened since they were taken, as soon as growth resumes I will tie the plants over to begin the LST process! Enjoy

IMG 4643
IMG 4639
IMG 4646
IMG 4649
IMG 4650
IMG 4666
IMG 4668

Oh, and they are now under my 1000w Ushio Dual-Arc bulb, which puts out a great spectrum for photos with lights on :D and keeps the plants happy too!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Shining healthy plants, goot rooting too, photo`s look great indeed, now tie them plants up:D
The girls are tied down and spread wide open Krasi! I'll make sure to include the photos I took during that process in my next photo update. Not as perfectly shining and healthy anymore, but I'm hoping that making the switch to Jack's Pro Hydro instead of H&G will help me get that back under control.

looking all nice and green and uniform there meeks..... excellent bro.... peace soser
The uniformity has completely disappeared as each seedling now has its own distinct characteristics, including growth habit, and more importantly, nutrient requirements! This doesn't make my life especially easy when it comes to keeping all of them happy, but it does help me make important notes for the future about certain genotypes nutrient requirements and growth habits.

On that note, I wanted to do a quick update to say how great a hybrid the Alien Grenades is so far! While the LAD is really the strain I am most excited for, the Alien Grenades have really been showing off how amazing they are! Very strong branches, that mature into really great plants for LST! I have a feeling there is going to be a very VERY nice keeper coming out of the 5 seedlings I have going right now!!

I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer, it has been especially relaxing for myself this year!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
So damn clean and organized!!!!! I love watching your garden progress.. Clean Meeks.. CLEAN.

Peace
OC
Edit: What camera body and lens are you layin' it down with?
I rock a point and shoot digital from Canon actually! It's their PowerShot SD870 IS, and I can type in all the numbers and letters from the lens specifically if you would like, but it will probably be available online with a quick google search in an easier to read layout straight from the company. Just let me know if you can't find anything and I will give you more info, it's at least 5 years old at this point and still taking amazing photos!

And thanks for noticing my efforts to keep things clean, I find the cleaner something is, the more motivated I am to keep it clean and the less time it takes me to get what I need to get done, done!

Sup Meeks! Looking good over here as usual...
Hey Shady, glad you stopped by too see all the ladies! Those photos are roughly 10 days old at this point. . . and I will do a quick update below to explain the current state of things.

Unfortunately in the 10 day period since my last update my landlord needed to conduct a second property inspection, which I think triggered the flowering cycle very briefly for a time when I had to move the plants into a secure location during both the inspections (this also happened a few days before my last update). . . . so basically they were stressed switching from veg to flower to veg to flower and back to veg over the last 2 weeks and have responded in some interesting ways! Nothing to cry over, but I have been a bit worried about them.

The main effect was obviously an increase in node spacing, changing from less than a centimeter between nodes to as much as 5 cm between nodes on almost all plants. . . . on top of the node spacing, 2 out of 5 Lemon Alien Dawgs showed phosphorus deficiencies after the first stress event, and those same plants plus one more LAD showed Potassium deficiencies after the second stress event. . . . all the while, growth slowed to a crawl and I spent a good deal of time nursing them back to health with a watchful eye and increased fertilizer. . . .

This sounds pretty bad, but I'm sure you're all used to my overly harsh criticism of my own garden by now, so on the positive side, during this time I was able to begin LSTing the plants, along with topping the LAD's and they should all be fully recovered shortly! And just because it sounds like my plants have all completely gone to shit after reading through this description of them, here are a few picture from the last week to ease those thoughts :) and show that it's not all that bad!

3 Days Ago before LST began:
IMG 4709

After First Round of LST:
IMG 4727

Alien Grenades Today before 2nd round of LSTing:
IMG 4736

Alien Grenades Today after 2nd round of LSTing:
IMG 4746

Lemon Alien Dawg Today after 2nd round LSTing + Topping:
IMG 4739

So there you have it! The girls are back on track and just need a little time to get looking perfect again, I imagine the growth rate will continue to accelerate rapidly here as things recover fully! More updates to come when the pictures would look different :D

-Meeks

Mogrow

Mogrow

nMeeks bro, you gonna like the grenades.. the only problem i"m having is making room in the flower room for them, couple of them are large and will be in the lights soon. They responded very well to topping. I just went back through my thread and mine look very similar to yours at various stages. I think Alien was correct when he used the term "massive yeilds". Sub"ed up on this grow, rock em..
peace mogrow

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Thank you for all the info!!! And i agree about being tidy... I vacuum every Saturday and bleach every 2nd Saturday..

OC
Right on OC, I have a professor that has a major pet peeve about trash, especially loose plant material, being left in our greenhouses and work space. He says it is a guaranteed fact that a dirty greenhouse will never be as successful as a clean greenhouse, no matter how good the grower is, because you are just asking for trouble when you leave what is essentially a perfect habitat for pests and pathogens lying around your growing environment! The time it takes to keep things clean is very worth avoiding that risk!

nMeeks bro, you gonna like the grenades.. the only problem i"m having is making room in the flower room for them, couple of them are large and will be in the lights soon. They responded very well to topping. I just went back through my thread and mine look very similar to yours at various stages. I think Alien was correct when he used the term "massive yeilds". Sub"ed up on this grow, rock em..
peace mogrow
Good to hear Mogrow! I had that same feeling also, these Grenades are seriously beafy plants! While my 5 Lemon Alien Dawg plants are still busy recovering from various stresses, the Grenades have been back on track and kicking ass for almost a week now! I am stoked to see them in full bloom!

Everything's looking good Meeks.

Your landlord sounds hella nosy though man. What happens when you're in week 7 and that happens bro?

Stay safe

D
Haha, yea he is actually pretty chill, he didn't ask to see my grow room the second time he was here, but I wasn't going to risk not having everything hidden away safely for the time he was on the property. The nice part is that he is cool with all the equipment, he just doesn't want to see any plants, so I just toss everything in my veg closet and lock that door. And funny you ask what I would do if I was in week 7 flowering, because that is exactly where I was last year in December when he did his mid-year inspection, so I had to rent a U-Haul and park all my plants down the street!

Thanks for checking in D, things are looking even better than they were just a couple days ago! I hope all is well down where you are, I haven't seen anything from your garden in a while, I think I will go check out your thread right now!

Top Bottom