Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluemoonrocks

thats whats up bro sorry to chime in late; but that shit is whats up man! I cannot wait to see the final out come meeks :)
should be a good one to watch o_O

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
thats whats up bro sorry to chime in late; but that shit is whats up man! I cannot wait to see the final out come meeks :)
should be a good one to watch o_O
It's never too late to join the show! Thanks for chiming in Blue, I appreciate hearing from the audience :D

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hey Goods, thanks for reading the geeky info I post, sometimes I get just a little too excited about the different mutations that occur in my garden! I will definitely have my eye on that bud as it develops so I'll keep you posted. The plants are currently being flushed at 1.0 EC with my normal ratio 3g Hydro, 1.8g Cal-Nit, 1g Epsom, .1-.2g MOST and are putting on a stinky fresh layer of trichomes and starting to stack bud sites like crazy!! The reason I am giving them a flush, other than the fact that I always flush at 2 weeks, is because the bud leaves along the edges of each tray have gotten a decent curl to them from excess nitrogen. It's always a tough balance between deficiency in the center of the tray (much closer to the light requires more nutrients) and toxicity on the edges of the tray (farther from the bulb means more sensitive to salt because of lower nutrient requirements), but so far this run has gone a bit on the toxicity side, which I am ok with. Thanks for the kind words and check back Friday for lots of new pictures!
Its not geeky nMeeks it show's your intelligence in plant life and I for one am interested in the observations from an educated stand point , not just years of growing pot but a true under standing of what your plants are actually doing, I myself did not know until now that plants closer to the light will require more feeding , besides the obvious fact that they will dry out faster , so keep the geeky observations coming i enjoy them and am find them informative sure i'm not alone..... peace soser (and i spelled everything correct in this post - your holding me to a higher standard ) lol

Mogrow

Mogrow

nMeeks// beautiful flowers man, campus ain't bad either, whoa...surrounded by beauty!!!!
had to sneak in a shot of my zennias, they barely stayed alive all summer, the color was washed out by the heat but they made a strong comeback with the Sept. rains.
great thread bro, always enjoy your detailed posts.

N

NewBudz

Bro, the flowers you guys planted in that field are spectacular. Especially considering those are all seed grown plants.

I wanted to ask you though, how did you guys prepare the land other than digging the plots? Did you mix in compost or anything, or was the native soil all they needed?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Sick scrog and stellar photos Meeks!
Thanks Shady, the photos have been such a pleasure to take this run ever since I started working with the Jack's Hydroponic line! My previous grows have always been focused on early morning check ups to diagnose any deficiencies right away and get them treated with a foliar spray that night after lights off or the next morning before they came on, and that seemed to keep my plants happy enough as you know from my previous logs. But ever since making the switch, I have barely had any work at all. . . I just feed when they are thirsty and they haven't shown me a single sign of deficiency (other than minor Mg) since I started!!! To me, that is so incredible!!

Its not geeky nMeeks it show's your intelligence in plant life and I for one am interested in the observations from an educated stand point , not just years of growing pot but a true under standing of what your plants are actually doing, I myself did not know until now that plants closer to the light will require more feeding , besides the obvious fact that they will dry out faster , so keep the geeky observations coming i enjoy them and am find them informative sure i'm not alone..... peace soser (and i spelled everything correct in this post - your holding me to a higher standard ) lol
Awesome Soser, keep up that enthusiasm for knowledge and you will be a master grower in no time! Thanks for the kind words bro!

nMeeks// beautiful flowers man, campus ain't bad either, whoa...surrounded by beauty!!!!
had to sneak in a shot of my zennias, they barely stayed alive all summer, the color was washed out by the heat but they made a strong comeback with the Sept. rains.
great thread bro, always enjoy your detailed posts.

View attachment 254969
Great flowers Mogrow! We had so many Zinnia seeds sent to us when we requested stuff from seed companies, I think about half the seeds we got out of the tens of thousands were either petunia or zinnia! I love the combination of the bleached out white petals with the hot pink petals, makes it look like a giant patch of Santa Barbara Daisies. Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Bro, the flowers you guys planted in that field are spectacular. Especially considering those are all seed grown plants.

I wanted to ask you though, how did you guys prepare the land other than digging the plots? Did you mix in compost or anything, or was the native soil all they needed?
Thanks NewBudz, I am really happy with how that project turned out also :D, but I do have to mention that about 15% of what was planted did come in as pre-rooted cuttings from a company that asked us to trial their coleus and a few other varieties. But that was cool in its own way, getting a box delivered by the regular post service, but opening it up to find over 400 rooted cuttings in multiple trays just stacked on top of one another and planted at extremely high density!

I can post a few pictures of the land as it was being prepared if you are interested (just let me know) but the main steps were as follows:
measure and mark the bed areas, use roundup to kill the grass in the marked beds, till the dead grass into the ground to add organic matter and not have to dispose of the dead sod, add roughly 3-4inches of compost on top of each bed in an even layer and then till in, add unmeasured amount of Osmocote 20-20-20 slow release fertilizer granules to the beds during irrigation drip line setup (sprinkled free hand), and then we planted into that and watered in for the first time with a 500-600ppm 20-20-20 liquid fertilizer. I am pretty sure (was on vacation part of the summer) that only water was used for irrigation after planting, but there may have been a couple days when the maintenance crew added another dose of 500-600ppm liquid fert. to the irrigation.

So the simple answer of did we amend the soil or just plant right in. . . we amended the shit out of it! And that is on top of the fact that the grass field itself was just amended and replanted a year prior, so the field possibly could have provided enough nutrients without anything extra from us.
Thanks for the interest!

N

NewBudz

Thanks NewBudz, I am really happy with how that project turned out also :D, but I do have to mention that about 15% of what was planted did come in as pre-rooted cuttings from a company that asked us to trial their coleus and a few other varieties. But that was cool in its own way, getting a box delivered by the regular post service, but opening it up to find over 400 rooted cuttings in multiple trays just stacked on top of one another and planted at extremely high density!

I can post a few pictures of the land as it was being prepared if you are interested (just let me know) but the main steps were as follows:
measure and mark the bed areas, use roundup to kill the grass in the marked beds, till the dead grass into the ground to add organic matter and not have to dispose of the dead sod, add roughly 3-4inches of compost on top of each bed in an even layer and then till in, add unmeasured amount of Osmocote 20-20-20 slow release fertilizer granules to the beds during irrigation drip line setup (sprinkled free hand), and then we planted into that and watered in for the first time with a 500-600ppm 20-20-20 liquid fertilizer. I am pretty sure (was on vacation part of the summer) that only water was used for irrigation after planting, but there may have been a couple days when the maintenance crew added another dose of 500-600ppm liquid fert. to the irrigation.

So the simple answer of did we amend the soil or just plant right in. . . we amended the shit out of it! And that is on top of the fact that the grass field itself was just amended and replanted a year prior, so the field possibly could have provided enough nutrients without anything extra from us.
Thanks for the interest!

That's okay on the pictures, you explained well enough! And that's funny that you mention the cuttings bro because out of all your pictures I saw the coleus and I was like "Coleus that nice and dense from seed is quite an accomplishment!" I'm not even sure if Coleus blooms the first year from seed. But no worries man, no shame in planting some cuttings, how can a ganja farmer hate on you for planting cuttings? lol.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Wonderful bro. Keep this up :D
Thanks BH, here's some more for you!

That's okay on the pictures, you explained well enough! And that's funny that you mention the cuttings bro because out of all your pictures I saw the coleus and I was like "Coleus that nice and dense from seed is quite an accomplishment!" I'm not even sure if Coleus blooms the first year from seed. But no worries man, no shame in planting some cuttings, how can a ganja farmer hate on you for planting cuttings? lol.
Hmmm, I would have to look into the coleus bloom thing, I have always grown it from cutting even when propagating it myself. Thanks for such an in-depth interest.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, I may come back in and edit in more detailed info tomorrow sometime, but for now, I want to get these pictures up as promised before the day is over! Here are my beautiful ladies in all their glory at Day 21, I took a few nighttime shots a couple hours ago also so I hope you all enjoy everything! My keeper clones have out stretched the grenades by quite a bit at this point, I think Da WiFi is gonna keep going up a bit more before it stops! The screens have not been lowered even an inch from the original pictures with both layers from day 8, just for stretch perspective to share with you here on The Farm, but I will be lowering the screen over the Grenades by a little now that they are done stretching.

Day 21:

Lemon Alien Dawgs:
IMG 5249
IMG 5245
IMG 5190
IMG 5195
IMG 5196
IMG 5199
IMG 5200
IMG 5202

IMG 5221
IMG 5222
IMG 5250
IMG 5223

Alien Grenades:
IMG 5248
IMG 5236
IMG 5240
IMG 5211
IMG 5179
IMG 5181
IMG 5185

Albino Bud:
IMG 5177

-Meeks:D:D

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Meeks, I just wanna pull a chair in there & play find the albino bud, spend a little time with each of your ladies. :) I've gotta say, scrog makes me nervous, but you have honestly given me second thoughts about giving it a try some day. Appreciate your updates. Enjoy your weekend.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Meeks, I just wanna pull a chair in there & play find the albino bud, spend a little time with each of your ladies. :) I've gotta say, scrog makes me nervous, but you have honestly given me second thoughts about giving it a try some day. Appreciate your updates. Enjoy your weekend.
I will be running a scrog as soon as I soon as I move Goods as this has always interested me as well, I was thinking it would be a pain in the ass to clean and water as a soil grower but space has made that not really an option for me , funny I have owned two other homes in this state and both would of been awesome to grow in. wish I knew then , what I know now, but will be moving before feb into a single again.... and obviously cleaning in scrog can't be that hard as nmeeks has his shit tight and cleaner than most.... nice update bro.... respect soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
did they ever fill that netting up quick LOL!

looking very good Meeks!
Right?! 2 weeks ago they had just popped through the first layer, now they are way over the second! The Grenades stretched roughly a foot, effectively doubling their size from flip; while the LADs stretched well over a foot, effectively tripling their size, maybe even more!! Thanks for stopping in Teeker.

Haha, that's my favorite part of the day, just sitting in my rolling chair and checking out the ladies up close and personal for a bit! You can spot the albino bud on the far left side, half way down the 1st and 3rd picture under the Alien Grenades heading I posted. I think it's funny you say ScrOG makes you nervous, my very first grow a couple years ago at this point was with a screen, and this is now my 10th grow and I have used a screen all but 1 time! I like the fact that I don't have to worry about coming into the grow room and seeing a nice big fat cola fallen over because I forgot to support it, or the fact that I can just completely reposition where my tops are located pretty much anytime I want by adjusting where the holes are, like I just finished doing this morning after lowering the second screen layer on the Alien Grenades!! It does seem like more work in the beginning to set up the screen, but once it's in place it's almost like a set-and-forget type deal! Thanks for the kind words Lady Goods, I hope you enjoy your weekend also.

I will be running a scrog as soon as I soon as I move Goods as this has always interested me as well, I was thinking it would be a pain in the ass to clean and water as a soil grower but space has made that not really an option for me , funny I have owned two other homes in this state and both would of been awesome to grow in. wish I knew then , what I know now, but will be moving before feb into a single again.... and obviously cleaning in scrog can't be that hard as nmeeks has his shit tight and cleaner than most.... nice update bro.... respect soser
Cleaning a ScrOG isn't difficult at all if you can access it from enough sides, but be careful making too large a screen if you have no access from more than one side because you will have a hard time pruning/defoliating/foliar feeding if you can't easily reach certain areas. I have my trays on wheels, although I can usually squeeze in between my trays with them in place, if needed I can easily slide a tray out and spin it around to get at anything I can't reach! Thanks Soser.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Thanks BH, here's some more for you!

Hmmm, I would have to look into the coleus bloom thing, I have always grown it from cutting even when propagating it myself. Thanks for such an in-depth interest.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, I may come back in and edit in more detailed info tomorrow sometime, but for now, I want to get these pictures up as promised before the day is over! Here are my beautiful ladies in all their glory at Day 21, I took a few nighttime shots a couple hours ago also so I hope you all enjoy everything! My keeper clones have out stretched the grenades by quite a bit at this point, I think Da WiFi is gonna keep going up a bit more before it stops! The screens have not been lowered even an inch from the original pictures with both layers from day 8, just for stretch perspective to share with you here on The Farm, but I will be lowering the screen over the Grenades by a little now that they are done stretching.

Day 21:

Lemon Alien Dawgs:
View attachment 255502View attachment 255500View attachment 255488View attachment 255489View attachment 255490View attachment 255491View attachment 255492View attachment 255493
View attachment 255495View attachment 255496View attachment 255503 View attachment 255497

Alien Grenades:
View attachment 255501View attachment 255498View attachment 255499View attachment 255494View attachment 255485View attachment 255486View attachment 255487

Albino Bud:
View attachment 255484

-Meeks:D:D

Looking great hommie have you thought about maybe clearing some of the bigger fan leaves out that are covering main bud sites in order to get more light to them and to your lowers? Any way they look awesome nice and clean healthy green stay frosty bro .
P.G.

Dodge

Dodge

Hello nMeeks,

Your thread is still kicking asses, while informing the masses!!

Hey could I get you to look at this plant for a sec? I think it has the same mutation that you recently encountered, except that it is one layer rather than the two cell layers you described. I say that because it is not as light as yours. The plant is healthy, I assure you, and there are no visible pest.
SAM 0457

green punk

green punk

Hey Meeks. Always dig your shows. Nice work. Room looking super sharp. I also like the pics of the campus conversion. If I am correct... I believe you are seeing TMV on that Albino you have. And thats what Dodge has too. I believe it can be passed on from seed parents.

Keep up the good work!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Respect to the maximum nMEEKS; been away from the Farm for awhile but am truly fascinated and inspired by your thread here. Very happy to have found it, and keep on doing what your doing man.
I'm glad your liking it so far MWalker, things are really starting to get good so you made it just in time! Thanks for the kind words.

Looking great hommie have you thought about maybe clearing some of the bigger fan leaves out that are covering main bud sites in order to get more light to them and to your lowers? Any way they look awesome nice and clean healthy green stay frosty bro .
P.G.
Prodigy, you read my mind bro! I just got back in from cleaning out the canopy a little bit by removing fan leaves that were at angles perpendicular to the light, which were getting very little light themselves but shading quite a bit of bud sites. Good to know you would have recommended doing the same! Thanks for checking in.

The removed leaves:
IMG 5257
IMG 5258
IMG 5259

Hello nMeeks,

Your thread is still kicking asses, while informing the masses!!

Hey could I get you to look at this plant for a sec? I think it has the same mutation that you recently encountered, except that it is one layer rather than the two cell layers you described. I say that because it is not as light as yours. The plant is healthy, I assure you, and there are no visible pest.
View attachment 255996
Hey Dodge, much appreciated, thanks. I wish I could help you more with diagnosing the cause of your abnormal growth, I think it is really interesting to see different mutations and abnormalities but I am just now taking a Plant Pathology class, so I don't really feel comfortable throwing out a guess for what might be causing your leaf to look like that. Let's hope green punk is wrong about it being TMV because that shit is no good!

Hey Meeks. Always dig your shows. Nice work. Room looking super sharp. I also like the pics of the campus conversion. If I am correct... I believe you are seeing TMV on that Albino you have. And thats what Dodge has too. I believe it can be passed on from seed parents.

Keep up the good work!
Hey Green Punk, thanks for the kind words, and for checking out my non-cannabis photos! I would be interested to know what makes you think our photos are showing plants infected with Tobacco Mosaic Virus, I don't know much about it in regards to cannabis other than it can infect the species. What I do know is that if Tobacco Mosaic Virus infects a nonresistant plant (all our agricultural tobacco is now a resistant stock) it very quickly spreads through the vascular system and causes visual symptoms throughout the plant, spreading from the site of infection. Symptoms are usually discoloration, but not in clean blocks such as mine and Dodge's examples, TMV tends to cause mottled discoloration, which means it is patchier. I also think we would see the symptoms spreading through our plant, but in my case at least I am noticing the opposite, my plant is slowly outgrowing the mutation and the percentage of cells that are still lacking chlorophyll has decreased significantly. I am always happy to learn something new so please don't be afraid to elaborate on your diagnosis, but in my opinion neither Dodge or I are dealing with TMV (luckily).

-Meeks

green punk

green punk

You are most likely right. In my experience, I had started some AK47. Selected 2 of 6. Of the 2 one of them, around fouth/fifth node began with a leaf variegation (simlar to Dodge). I thought cool. It grew out similar leaves on that side. Eventually it was over looked as there was no real negative affects as far as plant performance. Further on down the road more clones began showing the trait, but more mottled and swirled, once again no real negative results. Not certain if that was TMV. That AK was amazing, unlike the crap AKs out there now a days

Top Bottom