Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Well meeks you certainly are blowing that room up my friend and I am starting to think my ARC could go at least 60 now also. So as you know I always prob you brain questions well got another one .... feed my ARC and snow leopards (well the two that are in the 56-63 range) what I was assuming will be there last feed of enhancers before flush day 44 today and last feed was yesterday. Was going to start flush Sunday on the two but now I'm thinking at the very least the arc will take 60-63 - question is do I start my flush now if they could take another week or should I feed one or two more times ......... ? As always meeks you imput is greatly appreciated........ Respect SoSer
I think the flush will make them start to finish up much quicker once you get it going, you may change your mind about how long they are going to take once you start. I think your decision depends more on what your runoff is coming off at, EC/ppm wise. If you are still getting high EC runoff, like 1.8-2.2 then I would think starting the flush earlier wouldn't be bad. But, if your runoff is already low/equal to what you are feeding, then as you start to flush, your plants are going to feel that lack of nutrients come on sooner, and so they may starve a little bit if they are still boosting too hard. I had runoff a little above what I was feeding so I was comfortable flushing everything early because my runoff did not drop too low for a plant that was still growing until a couple days ago, which means there was still a bit of nutrients in the media for them to consume if they needed it, but not so much that I was continuing to build salt deposits in the plant. Honestly though, with soil you should be totally fine flushing early no matter what, the soil should be holding onto quite a bit even if you are flooding with a ton of water everyday. I hope that answer helps, it's kinda just something you learn to read in the plant with experience, and changes from plant to plant, even grow to grow of the same strain. Good luck finishing everything up, you're in the home stretch now!

Meeks AKA Dapper Trapper.

You should hit on someone studying photography and swipe their camera gear around the time these are all dry. They'd make for some real droolers worthy of framing.
Haha, not a bad idea, I would love to get some photos printed in full resolution one day when I have access to a nice camera! I actually have access to all that kind of equipment just by being a student, just have to rent it out for a short period of time. I will look into how I go about doing that. On another note, your GSC clones are looking proper, I am excited to see them grown out by you after seeing what you are capable of in your setup! Thanks for checking out the pics, and I'm diggin' the nick name :D

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Mighty fine work Meeks! Loads of frost on all of those strains...
Thanks Shady! I have had some real fun growing out all these frosty as hell strains over the last year+! Everything from OGR was/is always pure fire and I still think he has the Midas touch when it comes to picking plants, and the fact that almost every Alien Genetics plant is IMHO on par with or above the frost level of my keeper OGR strains. . . . just mind blowing when I think about what you could find in a large seed hunt with Aliens gear!

Well done Meeks! Those LADs look mighty tasty
They smell mighty tasty too! Like I said, my buddy pegged the front left plant, which happens to be the frostiest, as smelling like a freshly opened box of fruity pebbles! And the back left plant is getting some excellent purple color that I can't wait to photograph and share tomorrow night before the harvest! Thanks for dropping in Gr33n.

nice tree's and grow skills....

want want want
Haha, thanks DwD, that's what I say over and over again in my head when I am watering these days! I lean in to water the back plants and get my face right up in the colas and just want want want! Only two more days till the chop, I AM STOKED!

whats up meeks long time no see. i looked up jacks ferts.. can u debrief me a little on it.. thanks! everything looks great btw
Hey Rburdeaux! I'm glad you took a look at the Jacks ferts. I am still loving their line in veg (flushing the flowering ladies so no fert.) and obviously it does a great job! I have been using the Jack's at what is commonly called the 3-2-1 ratio. I use 3 grams of Jacks Pro Hydro, 2 grams (1.8g actual) of Calcium-Nitrate, and 1 gram of Epsom salts. That ratio, mixed up with any quantity of water will keep your plants happy in veg and bloom! You could play around with rolling back the Calcium-Nitrate towards the middle/end of flowering, but I don't think it is necessary for good results (I might try it next round but stuck to the basic ratio this whole round). The only thing you adjust depending on size of plant, amount of light, RH and temp, frequency of feeding, is the dilution of that ratio to equal a desired PPM/EC. For example, if I was in early seedling veg (like I am now) I might mix up 10x the 3-2-1 ratio, 30g Hydro, 18g Cal-Nit, and 10g Epsom, and then add it to a 20 gallon reservoir of RO water ending up with a 20 gal res of a little over 400ppm/0.8EC water ready for feeding plants under a T5 or small plants under MH. By the time I am in full bloom I might be mixing 17-20x the 3-2-1 ratio, and putting it into the same 20 gal res of RO, ending up with close to double the PPM/EC more suitable for larger heavier feeding plants in bloom. It is super simple, and the only things you can mess up are the pH and the order you add the dry salts to the reservoir. I keep my pH between 5.5-5.7 the whole way through, more consistently closer to 5.5 since my Canna coco seems like it is always buffering back up to 5.8ish and I like my runoff at 5.6-5.7 And the other things to keep in mind is the order you mix the salts if you are mixing concentrated bottles of the salts, for example I mix individual 3 gallons jugs of each of the three salts with enough for a 20 gal res, so they are concentrated in the smaller jugs. When adding the salts to the res. always add in this order and no other, and always mix until completely dissolved before adding the next salt: Jack's Pro Hydro first (+MOST here if using it), Epsom Salts second, and Calcium-Nitrate last! Follow that and you shouldn't have any trouble with lockout. I have found that 500-700ppm/1.0-1.4EC is perfect for mature veg'ing plants depending on light source and RH/temp. And lastly, watch your runoff to make sure it doesn't spike over 2.0EC/1000ppm unless you are feeding at that high a level, because salts can build up and a good flush is in order once or twice through the flower cycle.

I hope all that helps you decide if the product is right for you/grow dank with it! Thanks for checking out the pictures!

I just keep looking at the first page of dank damn nice job!
Thanks a bunch Wbwidow, lots of fire around right now :D, check back tomorrow night for new pictures and the last photos most likely to be taken before harvest Friday morning! I promise some purple and nighttime shots!

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

your overall goal for the peters is to bring cost down on production?

im not saying its bad, just asking!

and curious why u are going this direction? you dont like buying pre made products? u did mention that, but i dont seem to remember any other reasons?

flavor, smell, potency, yield, ????

maybe your teachers have said something about store bought ferts? i mean, they can be expensive!

peace

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

As always everything is top notch with lots of great info and details. Thanks for taking the time it has surely paid off. MWD

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Ahhh, Meeksy. Harvest time a'comin'. :D I'm looking forward to the greenhouse pics, too! Hope everything's well for you!
Everything is going very well! The green house pics are still on my list of things to do, our professor for that class fell ill enough that she is gone until the class is completely over, so we have been kinda off our usual routine and I haven't had a chance to take any good pictures. Thanks for the positive vibes as always Goods!

your overall goal for the peters is to bring cost down on production?
im not saying its bad, just asking!
and curious why u are going this direction? you dont like buying pre made products? u did mention that, but i dont seem to remember any other reasons?
flavor, smell, potency, yield, ????
maybe your teachers have said something about store bought ferts? i mean, they can be expensive!

peace
i mean your shit looks awesome dude, i am in no way doggin, just asking!

Well Kush, I have extensively covered why I switched away from the H&G ferts, that is somewhere in this thread, but my reasoning for switching to JRPeters specifically is because it came highly recommended from some other well known and well respected large scale growers on both this forum and multiple others.

JRPeters is making a pre-made product for me, they are mixing all the necessary nutrients into just 2 different powder ingredients . . . . I don't know where you read that I didn't like buying pre-made products. I don't think people should waste their money buying water weight in their fertilizers by buying the hyped up companies like GH all the way to Aptus that all mix the same salts with water and then sell it like it turned to gold somehow. It is all marketing to the home user, which my professor of fertilizers had us do a whole activity working out the cost difference of fertilizing with home user products versus commercial scale Ag. products. . . . the results were laughable how the markup from buying bulk to buying home owner size quantities was like 5000% Plus, we use JRPeters products in my schools greenhouses on a much larger scale, so I trust that they are a company marketing not just to specialty hobby growers.

I'm glad you like the looks of everything! Clearly the JRPeters deserves a bit more hype than I think it's getting!

As always everything is top notch with lots of great info and details. Thanks for taking the time it has surely paid off. MWD
Thanks a bunch MWD, I am mentally preparing right now for a weekend of holding scissors and mind numbing trimming! But luckily I have some beautiful plants to trim so it should be like unwrapping candy all day!

Good evening Farmers! I hope everyone had a great week so far, Halloween is behind us and the holiday season is fast approaching, so it is time to start harvesting the goodies to have some dry Thanksgiving dank to burn :D!

I took some new photos tonight, both lights on and lights off! It is going to take me a few posts to put all the photos up, but I think you are all going to really enjoy a bunch of these!

They have been getting flushed for close to 2 weeks now, and straight RO for the last week, which is when the color really started to come out. . . I think I will run a little less N towards the end next round and see how purple I can get some of these genotypes!

The smells are insane in the grow room, I had to go buy a new carbon filter yesterday to add to everything else I usually run just to keep things under control! I can't wait to give these buds a taste once they are dry!!

So without anymore stalling, here are the last living shots of this crop before a majority of the plants are cut down this weekend:

Day 55:

IMG 5819
IMG 5820
IMG 5821
IMG 5826
IMG 5830
IMG 5831
IMG 5847
IMG 5848
IMG 5853

1 Liter GeneralHydro pH Down bottle!

IMG 5855
IMG 5857
IMG 5863
IMG 5864
IMG 5876
IMG 5879
IMG 5881
IMG 5885
IMG 5896
IMG 5900

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Sweet man those all look like some great smoke great work brother and congrats on your up coming harvest id gladly help you trim haha happy harvest bro

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

soserthc1

soserthc1

Awesome grow Meeks was my pleasure to watch and interact with you bro, i appreciate all the informative detailed responses you gave me . I learn alot from your thread and that was awrsome... best of luck on future grows and you can bet ill be drooling and asking question on each of them. Actually what is the general amount of time after you flush that the nitro starts to leave the leafs and yellow them up, I flushed three days ago .....respect soser

Top Bottom