Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Jeez Meeks! Those flowers look insane! What kind of smells are you getting with the finished product?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Jeez Meeks! Those flowers look insane! What kind of smells are you getting with the finished product?
I will do it no justice, I know it's gonna be hard but you will be more satisfied waiting for my formal smoke report written by a Vintner with an amazing palette!

. . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . Citrus ;)

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Great pics, bro! I really like the looks of that LAD. I gonna flip my 2 LAD ladies in a month or so. Have a great Thanksgiving.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Awesome work nmeeks and very nice pictures looks like the grenades were the densest nugs of the group , interested in the taste and effects of that Albino bud , Happy thanksgiving to you and yours bro..... soser

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Fuckin ill with it meeks!!

Great job, all those phenos look mouthwatering....

Whats up with 2.7g LAD? That one looks small on the yield side but looks like it packs a bunch with all that frost. What kinda smell you getting off that one? And the others all citrus?

Shiiit Im almost done with mine, hoping for that gas/fuel flavored pheno, I got 1 star pheno of it that is straight tahoe dom, she started puting on trich's at day 12 b4 all the others :eek:

too bad I dont know if its lad or AG cuz i mislabeled em lol

happy holidazee homie

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Meeks. Loved the nug photo shoot. Feel like I'm repeating myself to you but wonderful work.
And in case your tester doesn't know how fortunate he is, you can show him this post so you don't have to be as bold as telling him yourself, lololz...;)

konakings

konakings

Wow, I salute you. This grow is one of the best documented, well written, and thought provoking journals I have ever read on the farm. I just spent an hour going through the whole thread and drooling over your girls. After two years of banging my head against the wall, I am looking to switch out my H&G but could not find a better alternative. You have convinced me to use Jacks Pro Hydro hands down, I noticed those exact same deficiencies and thought it was always a problem. Im using coco in smart pots on flood and drain tables, recirculating res. Are you still loving the Jacks?

Have you gotten that smoke report yet, or any preliminary anecdotal evidence? Also, if this isnt too personal what was your total yield off each tray? I ask because Im debating ditching the SOG for the SCROG. What would your opinion be? Passionate people like you make this site what it is, thank you for your dedication to spreading education for all of us.

*golf clap*

/likes the cut of your jibe and wants to subscribe to your newsletter

konakings

konakings

Oh hey was doing some research and found this on J.R. peters website
GROWING IN A SOIL (or SOILLESS) ENVIRONMENT vs. HYDROPONIC:
"Our best seller and most well know formula for home and hobbyist growers, Jack’s 20-20-20, is best suited for roots grown in soil or soilless mix. In a soil environment, the nitrogen forms in 20-20-20 can be easily taken up and converted to the nitrogen forms that the plants use best. In a true hydroponic system (water flowing environment), these nitrogen conversions do not occur easily, and some forms of nitrogen, (like urea and ammonium) can sit in the root zone a bit too long when certain low light or low temperature conditions arise.

When this happens, these slow to change forms of nitrogen act as a great source of food for other things like algae, bacteria and microorganisms, causing a build-up of these materials in your hydroponic environment. This creates a real mess and greatly reduces the effectiveness of the nutrients in solution.

For a true hydroponic system it is NOT advised to grow with a typical 20-20-20, however, this formula is very well suited for any indoor or outdoor system that uses a soilless or soil containing media."

So was there a reason you (or the people that refereed you to it) use Jacks pro hydro with Coco (which is categorized as soiless, I thought) instead of the 20-20-20 mix? Thanks Bud!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
To everyone who has posted, I am in the week before Finals right now, AKA 'Dead Week'. . . . so I wont have much time to respond until Friday. Sorry I have been less active and slower to respond recently, I promise to get back to my usual postings either this weekend or next weekend when school is wrapped up for the break.

And Kona, if you get an itchy trigger finger and wanna order new nutrients right away, I don't have time to explain why right now, but I recommend the Jack Pro Hydro + Cal-Nit over their 20-20-20 hands down. 20-20-20 works great for production (veg), but it will not suit your plants perfectly throughout the flowering cycle.

I hope everyone is doing well, I can't wait to catch up on all the logs I am behind on, I get to pop in and see some awesome pictures every once and a while, but I never have time to leave comments!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Thanks Nmeeks! Whenever you have a chance can you post your updated feeding schedule. Mucho appreciato. :)
Currently feeding through a drip system on a timer with roughly 1.5-2 hours in between each irrigation. Watering until runoff with each irrigation (5-10minute cycles with 1GPH emitters), using about 1-1.5 gallons per plant per day at the moment in 7 gallon pots under 1000w HPS. I am feeding at just under 800ppm at a pH that starts around 5.5-5.6 with a newly filled reservoir and drifts upwards to 5.7-5.8 over the course of each day, so I bring it back down with pH Down most afternoons. Still sticking roughly with the basic 3-2-1 ratio in concentrated liquid form (extra 20 gal reservoir) and mixing with new RO as the reservoirs get low, saves me a ton of mixing time! I have bumped my Cal-Nit up to the full 2g in the 3-2-1 ratio, rather than the 1.8g which I think is better suited for flowering. When I go into flowering hopefully this weekend or next I will cut back to the 1.8g Cal-Nit most likely. I have also lowered my Epsom Salt down to ~.75g rather than the full 1g that I was doing during flowering last run. And finally, I bumped my micro up just a hair, I am giving roughly .3-.5g MOST per 20 gallons now. One final thing to consider is that I would most likely be feeding closer to 750ppm if my runoff was coming out that high, but it is coming out around 600 recently so I bumped up 50ppm and the plants seemed to like it.

I am planning on doing a ton of work in the grow room tomorrow, I haven't had time to do any LST this grow which is really gonna bite me in the ass later on when I run out of height I'm thinking! As I said before, flip will either be this weekend or next depending on how the plants are looking and feeling to me when I try to train them a bit tomorrow! Pictures will be taken almost certainly!

For now, I have some pictures I snapped a couple days ago in the Hydroponic Greenhouse that I have setup and taken care of this Fall season. I also pulled some photos off my phone from the start of the season when we had the whole house empty to bleach everything clean, just for contrast to see how much everything has grown in 10 weeks! We have already had a couple successful Cucumber and Lettuce harvest, and the tomatoes should start getting color on the largest clusters anytime now! The peppers are just starting to get going, they took a while to settle in but are pushing out the flowers/fruit now!

Week 1
HydroGreenhouse01

Week 2
HydroGreenhouse02

Week 10

Coco Coir grown Cucumbers
HydroGreenhouse03
HydroGreenhouse04
HydroGreenhouse05
HydroGreenhouse06
HydroGreenhouse07
HydroGreenhouse08
HydroGreenhouse09
HydroGreenhouse10

Coco Coir and Rockwool grown Tomato
HydroGreenhouse11
HydroGreenhouse12
HydroGreenhouse13
HydroGreenhouse14
HydroGreenhouse15
HydroGreenhouse16
HydroGreenhouse17
HydroGreenhouse18
HydroGreenhouse19
HydroGreenhouse20

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Buds look amazing bro those are super frosty and look like they holding some weight.....can't wait for some smoke reports and to hear what your favourite is out of the batch!

greenhouse shots are very cool to see looks super professional and well maintained love to thow some of those greens in my bong and the others in a nice salad!

another kick ass thread meeks mad respect!

Loving the LAD shots the first ones look so sick!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Great pics, bro! I really like the looks of that LAD. I gonna flip my 2 LAD ladies in a month or so. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks for the kind words Rival, The LAD was a great yielder on 3 out of 4 plants! I have been finding myself enjoying the density and sticky stinky goodness of the Alien Grenades more recently though! Sorry for taking so damn long to get back to you, I had a very nice Thanksgiving with new friends, I hope yours was also great!

Awesome work nmeeks and very nice pictures looks like the grenades were the densest nugs of the group , interested in the taste and effects of that Albino bud , Happy thanksgiving to you and yours bro..... soser
Thanks Soser! I got some excellent density on one of my Alien Grenades for sure, and also one of my LADs, but sadly that was one of the herms. The AGR plant that I said originally might be a tosser has ended up being my favorite smoke, and not problems in the yield department what so ever after all was said and done! Can't wait to grow that girl again, she fills in heavy, but late in the game, which I predict might be a protective factor for not dealing with the headache of bud rot that early swelling colas can be susceptible to. I have not yet had the opportunity to smoke the albino nug. . . I still think the other buds are tasting better every day as they cure in jars, so I have convinced myself to hold off on that bud until the holiday break, so I can be stress free when I enjoy it! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, thanks for the good wishes.

Fuckin ill with it meeks!!

Great job, all those phenos look mouthwatering....

Whats up with 2.7g LAD? That one looks small on the yield side but looks like it packs a bunch with all that frost. What kinda smell you getting off that one? And the others all citrus?

Shiiit Im almost done with mine, hoping for that gas/fuel flavored pheno, I got 1 star pheno of it that is straight tahoe dom, she started puting on trich's at day 12 b4 all the others :eek:

too bad I dont know if its lad or AG cuz i mislabeled em lol

happy holidazee homie

Haha, mislabeled weed plants, classic! The 2.7g LAD is the plant that was front left in the LAD tray, usually right up front in most of my full table pictures. I predicted its low yield from about half way in when it started swelling and stopping pushing new hairs way before all the rest. I haven't had the chance to smoke much of that yet, but it definitely packs a very nice punch and yes, it is crazy frosty! I haven't been able to discern much of a distinct flavor from any of the buds until I grind them, and then it is too overwhelming for much to pull anything to mind other than the classic kush leaning to citrus/fruit. I am hoping I will have some smoke reports to post before the holidays, but I haven't put any deadline on them so it could be a while. It was a true Danksgiving this year, I hope you were equally as lucky!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Meeks. Loved the nug photo shoot. Feel like I'm repeating myself to you but wonderful work.
And in case your tester doesn't know how fortunate he is, you can show him this post so you don't have to be as bold as telling him yourself, lololz...;)
I love possitive feedback Goods, you can repeat yourself anytime if you feel so inclined :D Thanks for the kind words and good vibes as always and yes, my Thanksgiving was excellent, I hope you a nice Holiday also! My tester is an old neighbor, who moved out of town. He is always very gracious and an innovative thinker, always talking to me about parts of the wine industry that he draws parallels to the cannabis industry, which I love to shoot the shit about since I take my passion for growing cannabis professionally in the future seriously. I wish I could give out samples to farmers somehow! I am offering a large reward to the first person to invent a way to pass a bowl as easily as you can like a post!

Wow, I salute you. This grow is one of the best documented, well written, and thought provoking journals I have ever read on the farm. I just spent an hour going through the whole thread and drooling over your girls. After two years of banging my head against the wall, I am looking to switch out my H&G but could not find a better alternative. You have convinced me to use Jacks Pro Hydro hands down, I noticed those exact same deficiencies and thought it was always a problem. Im using coco in smart pots on flood and drain tables, recirculating res. Are you still loving the Jacks?

Have you gotten that smoke report yet, or any preliminary anecdotal evidence? Also, if this isnt too personal what was your total yield off each tray? I ask because Im debating ditching the SOG for the SCROG. What would your opinion be? Passionate people like you make this site what it is, thank you for your dedication to spreading education for all of us.

*golf clap*

/likes the cut of your jibe and wants to subscribe to your newsletter

:D Thank you very much Konakings! Your comment is music to my ears! I share what I share in the hopes that there are people out there just like you who are going to see this and read it and learn from it either from my mistakes or my successes and then maybe even come back and share their experience trying the new techniques! I haven't even thought about touching my old H&G products since the JR Peters was delivered! I find that I can do a foliar feeding during veg about every 10 days with a touch of Hydro and a regular (bottle recommended) dose of a silica product (I'm using Protekt) and if it looks like it needs it, a little FeZn also to keep the girls explosively happy! But if you have been working with H&G for 2 years, I am sure you have plenty of all those foliar product around since there are constant deficiencies in those areas with that companies products! Still no smoke reports other than my own simple comments about its great high, and I mean really nice high!, plus a nice bit of variety in flavor to contrast all my other weed being 'something or other x The White'.

I think that if you are comfortable running SOG with a higher plant count, that has been proven over and over to be an extremely high yielding grow method and I would stick to it. . . with that said, I am getting more and more comfortable working with the ScrOG method and will soon feel comfortable saying that I can achieve consistently equal yields in my method as compared to SOG with far fewer plants. I am going to be trying out 3 plants per tray this round, so that will be just 6 plants (a very safe number for most medical states) flowering with 2000w !

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Oh hey was doing some research and found this on J.R. peters website
GROWING IN A SOIL (or SOILLESS) ENVIRONMENT vs. HYDROPONIC:
"Our best seller and most well know formula for home and hobbyist growers, Jack’s 20-20-20, is best suited for roots grown in soil or soilless mix. In a soil environment, the nitrogen forms in 20-20-20 can be easily taken up and converted to the nitrogen forms that the plants use best. In a true hydroponic system (water flowing environment), these nitrogen conversions do not occur easily, and some forms of nitrogen, (like urea and ammonium) can sit in the root zone a bit too long when certain low light or low temperature conditions arise.

When this happens, these slow to change forms of nitrogen act as a great source of food for other things like algae, bacteria and microorganisms, causing a build-up of these materials in your hydroponic environment. This creates a real mess and greatly reduces the effectiveness of the nutrients in solution.

For a true hydroponic system it is NOT advised to grow with a typical 20-20-20, however, this formula is very well suited for any indoor or outdoor system that uses a soilless or soil containing media."

So was there a reason you (or the people that refereed you to it) use Jacks pro hydro with Coco (which is categorized as soiless, I thought) instead of the 20-20-20mix? Thanks Bud!
Hey again Kona! I am glad that you are reading their instructions carefully, education is step one to success! Let me see if I can summarize a few broad points that will help explain why myself and others have chosen not to use a basic 20-20-20 fertilizer blend. First and foremost, it is important to understand that the plant needs both macro and micro nutrients in different amounts, there is a range in which the plant will grow its best for each individual nutrient. Making sure you have enough of the macro nutrients present at all times, especially N-P-K is very important for optimal growth/yield. BUT, it is also important to keep water available to the plant, and as easily available as possible! If you are giving the plant more of any nutrient than it needs, that extra unnecessary salt (fertilizers are salts) is going to increased the tension in your water. . . which will increased the tension in your media when that solution is fed, which will decrease your plants ability to pull water from the media, which will decrease transpiration from the leaves, which will decreased water/nutrient movement in the plant, and slow your growth unnecessarily! So, what growers of each crop do, is learn what amount of each nutrient is best for that crops growth, and then attempt to feed just that much of each nutrient so as to provide exactly what the plant needs, and no more! When it comes to fertilizers, more isn't always better. a 20-20-20 mix will certainly provide your plant with everything it needs to grow, but because it has more than it needs of a couple things, you will actually have slower growth than if you were feeding a more dialed fertilizer mix, and you would be saving money on wasted nutrients also! Now the best part, JR Peters may not publicly announce that their Jack Pro Hydro and Cal-Nit is formulated for our cannabis plants. . . . but it most certainly seems that way :D ! I hope this helps explain why I gave you the answer I gave you earlier this week.

Killer work doggie.. It looks like u did equal or even better with the new nutes.. Another killer grow show..
Thanks Goo, I think you were one the first comments on my first grow log. . . man that feels like a long time ago, thanks a ton for always being around to say whats up and pass along kind words and good vibes! This grow takes the cake for my biggest harvest ever! I smashed my previous record with the LAD table, and the Alien Grenades table almost tied it even with only 2 full sized plants! I am considering trying molasses with my flush this round, I noticed that my WU-B came out a little less dense and a little less frosty than my last grow, but Da WiFi looked exactly the same in quality!

Buds look amazing bro those are super frosty and look like they holding some weight.....can't wait for some smoke reports and to hear what your favourite is out of the batch!

greenhouse shots are very cool to see looks super professional and well maintained love to thow some of those greens in my bong and the others in a nice salad!

another kick ass thread meeks mad respect!

Loving the LAD shots the first ones look so sick!
My favorite right now is most certainly the Alien Grenades plant that I photographed with the googly eyes! Very sweet, very sticky, very sour fruit kush smelling with the nug structure of sour D and density of OG just like Alien said it would be!

The greenhouse is small scale for our class to have the opportunity to learn about multiple crops. Ideally you would never grow two different crops in the same greenhouse because each has its own perfect fertilizer and environmental requirements, plus it makes it very difficult to apply fungicides or pesticides when each crop has different rules for the use of those chemicals. So far things have been going great though, I might continue to work with this greenhouse for the rest of the year, in which case I would actually be allowed to pocket the profits from selling any of the vegetables we produce, even though I am not paying for the energy, fertilizer, land, etc.! Thanks for the support as always Mitch, I hope all is well!

-Meeks :cool:

P.S. I got a ton of stuff done in the grow room today, I don't know if I will have time to get the pictures up tonight or not, but they exist, so they will be up at some point!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Ok everyone, I am headed out the door for the night, but I wanted to get these photos up because I got a ton accomplished today! I cut down my males, detected by pre flowers, and I will be making the flip to 12/12 tomorrow almost certainly! Out of 7 seeds popped of the White Fire Alien, 6 were full force healthy all the way through veg, and only 2 turned out to be female of those 6! Out of the 7 seeds popped from the Alien Grapevine pack, 6 seedlings survived veg and 4 of those 6 turned out to be females! In total that gives me 6 females from 14 seeds popped. . . not my best turn out to say the least, but I am happy with were everything is right now so that is in the past! I should have been training these plants from much earlier on, but I was too busy to do anything more than keep these plants growing the last month so they have been a little neglected. Now they have my full attention and were LST'd earlier this afternoon! I took the pictures before and after killing the males, along with a couple pictures of the root systems on the males I killed. I also took some shots after cleaning the trays and setting up the plants, 3 in each tray. And then finally I took a bunch of pictures of the plants with the first screen in place because I think these might be the last pictures before 12/12 flip, so I wanted there to be more photos for comparison once these girls are at the end of flowering! I also took a few macro shots of the leaves, just to show off their health! Check out the size of the last leaf the grew before I topped one of the Alien Grapevine plants compared to a Hanna combo meter, it is way bigger than my hand!

Enjoy!

IMG 6224
IMG 6227
IMG 6235
IMG 6237
IMG 6240
IMG 6241
IMG 6243
IMG 6259
IMG 6260
IMG 6261
IMG 6272
IMG 6274
IMG 6277
IMG 6285
IMG 6287
IMG 6288

IMG 6293
IMG 6289
IMG 6290
IMG 6295

-Meeks:cool:

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Ditto what gr33nl3af said. The 8th tomato picture down (if I counted right) is absolutely beautiful. The next round is shaping up nicely as well! Love the way you do what you do, Meeks. You're so very helpful & I appreciate it greatly! ;) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom