Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Meeks , thanks for all the good info bro.... hope your enjoying your trip ... can you explain that VPD chart please ,

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey NMeeks! Them girls r doin hella good. Great training, bro. Happy Holidayz to u and ur fam!
Thanks Rival! At day 21 last grow I would have given my girls a 10 out of 10 for health, on day 21 for this grow I think I would give these girls a 9 out of 10, almost as good but not perfect! The training got started too late in my opinion, and I have broken a few branches because of it, but most recovered fully. Happy Holidays to you and yours also!

Meeks , thanks for all the good info bro.... hope your enjoying your trip ... can you explain that VPD chart please ,
Thanks Soser, I definitely enjoyed my trip! I brought up an ounce of LAD and AGR to Seattle when I went, and finally got to share some of my hard work with old friends!

The VPD chart is supposed to help you figure out a good Temperature and Relative Humidity combo, so that your plants are as happy as they can be without risking disease. First of all, VPD is Vapor Pressure Deficit and that is the difference between the amount of moisture in the air and how much moisture the air can hold when it is saturated. If there is too much moisture in the air, there is risk of moisture accumulating on the leaf surface and allowing the establishment and spread of disease. But, on the flip side, if there is too little moisture in the air, there will be too much tension on the plants leaves, and to avoid drying out, the plant will stop transpiring by closing its stomata (no growth).

So, to avoid too much moisture and also too little moisture, most growers look at their RH%. This is a great first step, but VPD changes, even with a constant RH%, as the Temperature changes. So the chart I posted makes it super easy to find a good combo Temp+RH% that will give you a VPD that encourages the best plant growth (the green ranges). Somewhere between .85 and .95 VPD is the most ideal for the majority of greenhouse crops. So to achieve the most rapid and healthy plant growth, try to keep your grow environment at a Temperature and a Humidity that result in a VPD close to that range.

lookin very healthy! im sure its gonna get funky in there :D
Thanks Winta! Yeah, the plants are on overdrive mode right now! I went in there this morning and it looked like it had snowed on all the bud sites already! I am especially excited about the White Fire Aliens, they are looking absolutely beautiful right now!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks again meeks i learned a hell of alot of good info from your grow my friend and i truly appreciate you taking all the time you have to give me detailed responses like you have especially with all you had going on , school , grow and life much appreciated ..... respect soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Thanks again meeks i learned a hell of alot of good info from your grow my friend and i truly appreciate you taking all the time you have to give me detailed responses like you have especially with all you had going on , school , grow and life much appreciated ..... respect soser
I enjoy sharing what I know Soser, so feel free to keep throwing questions my way and if I know the answer and have time I will definitely get back to you! I hope you are enjoying your holiday eve!

Good evening Farmers! A little Holiday Entertainment for you all. A quick photo update at Day 22 and some Alien Errl that came out really nice considering I didn't even use my new vacuum purge setup on it!

Xmas Eve4
Xmas Eve1
Xmas Eve2

Before vacuum purge
Xmas Eve5
Xmas Eve3
Xmas Eve6

After multiple vacuum purges
IMG 6574
IMG 6556
IMG 6577
IMG 6569
IMG 6586
IMG 6592

-Meeks:D

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Thanks, you wrote this comment when only the pictures of the non-vacuum purged oil were posted. . . I am hoping you see the quality has increased even more!

Vac purged?
I am not sure if you are asking what that is, but just incase you have never seen the process of purging BHO with a hot water bath, followed by a heat gun and then heat gun and vacuum chamber, I took a set of 20 pictures while making another new batch of oil yesterday!

Every picture in this series is of the same batch/amount of BHO, you can hopefully see the step by step quality improvements with each level of purging! (I ran over 2 dozen vacuum purges, but only showed a picture after every few runs)

IMG 6660
IMG 6665
IMG 6668
IMG 6674
IMG 6677
IMG 6679
IMG 6679   Version 2
IMG 6680
IMG 6681
IMG 6687
IMG 6693
IMG 6698
IMG 6707
IMG 6710
IMG 6718
IMG 6729
IMG 6739
IMG 6733

beautiful pics my dude! that purged looks yummy! :)
Thanks a bunch winta! Check out the new posts for even more photos at day 25 and some oil I made yesterday and then went OCD with the vacuum purging on!

Man your ladies look healthy and your oil looks A+

Props to you bro

BH
Thanks BH, the ladies are looking good for sure, except one Alien Grapevine that doesn't look as happy. I plan on running even lower Nitrogen in the first 2 weeks of flowering next grow. Don't miss the new pictures getting put up in the next post!

Beautiful work Meeks!
Thanks Shady, I am starting to really love taking photos of my garden, it gives me a sense of pride and purpose when I am doing things like cleaning up!

-Meeks

Amber

Amber

Thanks, you wrote this comment when only the pictures of the non-vacuum purged oil were posted. . . I am hoping you see the quality has increased even more!

I am not sure if you are asking what that is, but just incase you have never seen the process of purging BHO with a hot water bath, followed by a heat gun and then heat gun and vacuum chamber, I took a set of 20 pictures while making another new batch of oil yesterday!

Every picture in this series is of the same batch/amount of BHO, you can hopefully see the step by step quality improvements with each level of purging! (I ran over 2 dozen vacuum purges, but only showed a picture after every few runs)

View attachment 278786View attachment 278787View attachment 278788View attachment 278789View attachment 278790View attachment 278792View attachment 278793View attachment 278795View attachment 278794 View attachment 278796View attachment 278797View attachment 278798View attachment 278799View attachment 278800View attachment 278801View attachment 278802View attachment 278804View attachment 278805View attachment 278807 View attachment 278806
24g final yield

Thanks a bunch winta! Check out the new posts for even more photos at day 25 and some oil I made yesterday and then went OCD with the vacuum purging on!

Thanks BH, the ladies are looking good for sure, except one Alien Grapevine that doesn't look as happy. I plan on running even lower Nitrogen in the first 2 weeks of flowering next grow. Don't miss the new pictures getting put up in the next post!

Thanks Shady, I am starting to really love taking photos of my garden, it gives me a sense of pride and purpose when I am doing things like cleaning up!

-Meeks
Holly shit man. I have questions, that is amazing.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Holly shit man. I have questions, that is amazing.
Thanks man, I sent you a PM response to all your questions.

Here is a Day 27 update for the White Fire Alien from OGRaskal:

IMG 6758
IMG 6762
IMG 6763
IMG 6767
IMG 6770

These two plants are definitely the best looking plants in the garden right now and I am super excited to see how they look in a few weeks! I will almost certainly be growing a full table of one or both of these later on this year!

-Meeks

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
You're going to love that White Fire Alien. Shit blew my mind.:eek: I found a really heavy Fire leaner that yields like a beast...It's like a really good WiFi pheno, with even MORE frost and on frickin' steroids. I just got a vac set up for my extractions as well. Can't wait to blast and get it all fired up. I'm not really into the whole oil thing personally but people sure do want it.:D

Keep killin' it man. Hit me up when you get a chance.

D

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
You're going to love that White Fire Alien. Shit blew my mind.:eek: I found a really heavy Fire leaner that yields like a beast...It's like a really good WiFi pheno, with even MORE frost and on frickin' steroids. I just got a vac set up for my extractions as well. Can't wait to blast and get it all fired up. I'm not really into the whole oil thing personally but people sure do want it.:D

Keep killin' it man. Hit me up when you get a chance.

D
Very Nice!! I got only 2 females out of 7 beans popped. . . but both are looking superb! One is clearly leaning towards The White with its crazy early and heavy frost and minimal stretch. But the other is definitely a Fire leaner, it is the tallest plant in the garden and still stretching at least an inch per day at day 28! You got me super pumped on this cross with your photos, and I am really glad I took your advice and popped them for this grow! I shot you a PM with a longer message, thanks for stopping in D, it's always a pleasure having you at the garden.

Nmeeks does this look like CalMag deficiency to you or something else?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/more-damaged-plant-leaves.53184/#post-978339

Thanks Bud
Posted a reply in your thread Kona! I have to say though, I did a butt load of reading today on a few different sites (some horticultural and some cannabis related) and I may be doing some tweaking to my feeding over the course of this grow or the next couple. I was reading that Jacks runs on the high end of the K spectrum, and that is the reason why for some strains you need to add so much extra Mg. I am going to work on a formula to get my K down closer to my N and that should allow me to drop my Mg inputs a bit. I was also reading a few posts by another grower who was advocating for your even simpler 3-2 ratio, where there is no Epsom used at all. He said he mixes his Hydro:Cal-Nit at a 1 to .67 ratio and then feeds at 600ppm from early veg all the way through flowering until the last week or two of flush. He was swearing by it, but I was not a member on the site he was posting on so I couldn't see his pictures to verify the results were up to par. One thing that was definitely made clear by every user of the JRPeters line, using KSil for Silica is a bad idea, because the K levels are already maxed out, you will end up creating Mg or P deficiencies if you add anymore K. I hope this little bit of random info helps you work through your current deficiencies.

Top Bottom