Alien Genetics - Organic Feeding Program

• Thread starter Alien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

you ever check you EC or PPM when you mix your nutes? curious to hear how heavy your mix really comes out to be

midnight chuck

midnight chuck

I haven't ever grown in coco...just love the soil so much. I am curious to try a run in it, though. I really like the idea of re-using the coco run after run. With a few minor nutritional adjustments, I think this regimen would work wonders.

Been using your feeding reg in soil this run and its going GREAT! Gonna give it a try in coco next round, what would you change / add besides Cal Mag?

couple shots from this round...
G13 and a '91 Chem Dawg

CIMG0115
CIMG0097
A

AliasAO

Been using your feeding reg in soil this run and its going GREAT! Gonna give it a try in coco next round, what would you change / add besides Cal Mag?

G13 and a '91 Chem Dawg

Bump that ????? ^^^^

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
So what is your soil mix recipe since you are a soil fan, Alien?

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Just picked up some Primordial Solutions Sea Green, Adding into my schedule next feeding!
Been hearing great things about this stuff. I have a few strains that I have been pushing high ppms, looking forward to some experimentation! Thanks for sharing your recipes and knowledge with us Alien!!

A

Alien

Supporter
About to give your reg a go Alien on some bomb strains. I've been using Roots Organics soil. Add a BIT more, like 5% more perlite...I love your reg, looks solid and covers all bases, and shit, you've killed it everytime!

Trying to get ahold of Sea Green, cant seem to find it!

Roots is great. Sea Green will change everything.

I got a free sample of sea green when they were giving them away, amazing stuff when I run out ill definitely be getting more. Very obviously helps with nutrient absorption.

Indeed.

i wish they made a 5 gallon jug of sea green... would it replace something like hygrozyme as far as chelating nutrients into useable form? although i love hygrozyme, it is expensive and i run through it like crazy.. not to mention it contains a bit too much N for my liking

They make a 1 gallon jug of Sea Green. It is $300.

Remember, 1ml/gal

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to give it a run some day!

So your water is just bubbled tap?

Great tap water, bubbled for 24 hrs with a large air pump.

Rightous choice of nutes, gonna have to give yer chart a try, got most of what you use, I also use Botanicare Hydroplex bloom enhancer 0-8-12 for soil, makes the res pop for sure, 2 ml per gal starting 1 week before 12/12.

Thanks.

em-1 is a microbial innoculant that contains a bunch of beneficial bacteria in a bottle.. pretty much provides the same benefits as a compost tea...

Alien: is that Primal Harvest guano made by earth juice?

EM1 is great...I add a bit to my compost teas and get things rocking quick.

Also, with 1 gallon of EM1...you can make 21 gallons of AEM (2nd Gen EM1) by mixing 3/4 cup EM1 and 3/4 molasses into dechlorinated water to make 1 gallon total. Repeat 20 times. Or as many as you need to make. Let sit for 2 weeks. You have AEM (2nd Gen EM1). Don't forget to let it off-gas daily by taking the lid off. It does become less effective after 4-6 weeks, so only make as much as you need, use it, then repeat.

em-1 is a microbial innoculant that contains a bunch of beneficial bacteria in a bottle.. pretty much provides the same benefits as a compost tea...

Who makes it and where can you get it?

Any good organics shop will have it.

Not sure if I'm aloud to post links like this. If so can a mod please remove it?

Thanks.

That stuff works great. (EM-1) get a garbage bin line it and go to work!

Luv that stuff.

Peace,
S i R

Indeed.

you ever check you EC or PPM when you mix your nutes? curious to hear how heavy your mix really comes out to be

I never check anything. Don't even ph anymore. I'm sure my PPM is through the roof when I peak on feeding....but all I know is that my regimen blows up with the strains I am working with and it's all tasty organic goodness. It works so well, I don't ever test anything and won't be changing it anytime soon.

G13 and a '91 Chem Dawg

Nice! Glad to hear it. I am not an experienced coco grower, so I would ask around here on the forums. I am soil 100%.

Bump that ????? ^^^^

See above.

So what is your soil mix recipe since you are a soil fan, Alien?

Roots Organic (Regular, not 707)
Some extra calcium and micros...

Top Dress with Fossilized Seabird Guano at beginning of week 4.

Just picked up some Primordial Solutions Sea Green, Adding into my schedule next feeding!
Been hearing great things about this stuff. I have a few strains that I have been pushing high ppms, looking forward to some experimentation! Thanks for sharing your recipes and knowledge with us Alien!!

You're welcome. Anytime.

You will dig the sea green.

Cheers all,
Alien

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for that footnote on your base soil, Alien....

I wanted to put up a somewhat long article for you about Primordial Solutions and their underlying technology which is the basis for Sea Green (a REALLY fantastic product btw.). If its too much let me know and I'll drop it, but its pretty interesting reading and shows you just how revolutionary Sea Green really is....

Production and Deployment of Photosynthetic Nitrogen-Fixing Biofertilizers

The task of revegetating the delicate arid landscapes is a challenging proposition. The major limiting factors are water, nitrogen fertility and easily eroded sandy soils. The current art often includes the application of seeds, chemical fertilizers, tackifiers, and mulch. If inadequate precipitation or poor nutrient status prevents the establishment of vascular plants, these soil amendments are often reapplied, creating additional expense.

In contrast, Primordial Solutions, Inc., has developed a technology that is designed to restore soil fertility, water retention, and reduce erosion without relying on the presence of vascular plants. Instead, we exploit photosynthetic microorganisms, called cyanobacteria or “blue-green algae,” which convert solar energy to stored chemical energy, and fix atmospheric nitrogen (N 2) into usable ammonia (NH3). The fixed nitrogen is ultimately incorporated into proteins and nucleic acids, biopolymers essential to life.

Throughout the world, cyanobacteria, lichens, bacteria, and fungi, establish selfsufficient microbial communities called “Biological Soil Crusts” (BSC). In the American southwest, BSC are responsible for 99% of the nitrogen input, represent up to 70% of the living ground cover, improve the nutritional value of forage plants, improve water retention, and control erosion. However, following a disturbance, the BSC are slow to recover. Recovery estimates range from 4 to 4000 years depending on the climate, inoculum proximity and the definition of recovery.

Primordial Solutions’ approach for restoring soil fertility involves isolating cyanobacteria that are native to the disturbed area, mass-producing the microorganisms and applying the mixed culture to the disturbed soil. This process establishes a self-perpetuating, living, green-manure that becomes active when hydrated.

Once established, the restored BSC creates a substrate suitable for the survival of vascular plants. A preliminary experiment was done to compare inoculated soil with an uninoculated control. Following 18 months of incubation under ambient climate, the inoculated soil had a twelve-fold increase in nitrogen content compared to the control treatment.

Additionally, the cyanobacterial biomass increased almost ten-fold from the initial 500 mg C m-² to 4788 mg C m-² (dry weight biomass). These results show that the cyanobacteria are alive and retain 72 the ability to fix and secrete nitrogen into the soil. We plan to describe the 2005 field experiments that are being conducted in the desert west of Grand Junction, Colorado.

This work was supported by the Small Business Innovation Research program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, grant #2003-33610-13086.

A

Alien

Supporter
^^^ Thanks ^^^

Great info in the post above, Carnack.

Thank you.

Respect.

-Alien

A

Alien

Supporter
Thanks for that footnote on your base soil, Alien....

No worries...here's a more in depth version of the mix:

Roots Organic Soil (Regular, not 707)
Oyster Shell Calcium
Glacier Dust Micronutrients
Leonardite Clay Dust (Silica and Humic)
10-25% more perlite (optional, I don't use any extra)

I don't really know how to precisely explain the ratios to you, because I do it all by eye and just go with what feels right from experience. The best description I can give you is fill a container 8" deep with soil. Round kiddie pools work great. Then once you have 8" of soil, cover the top if it with calcium...use a nice heavy dusting. Then do about 1/2 as much with the micros and 1/3 as much with the leonardite. Add the optional perlite if you choose. Now mix it up. You're good to go...no waiting necessary.

That's a very basic mix that kicks ass from seed/clone to finish, and allows for the heavy feeding that I prefer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Peace,
Alien

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you for your further explaination, Alien.

Again many respects for your time and effort here, brother.

I use the oyster shell "flour" as well and have a humate amendment that has a Leonardite base to it, along with a lot of other fulvic acid complexes as well. (A lot of these dry humates are mining by-products from Utah and there are a slew of them that are really quite under-utilized out there).

So in that regard our approach is similar, Alien. Really I am surprised more folks don't use a serious dose of Oyster Shell Flour in their mixes given the buffer management it provides as well as some soluble CA. It's key for me.

I tend to make my own Soil mix though using a 50/50 Gold Label Coco in combination with high-grade Canadian sphagnum. I toss in the amendments to round things outwith a fine grade organic compost and worm castings. I know its probably anal but the results I get in veg are pretty telling. And of course I agree with the uber-drainage / breathability using "more peralite", ideally a mix of course and medium grade without the dust.

Like yourself I learned to cook by touch and feel and making soil is no different. My focus is primarily upon the myco complexes and the other complementary bennie bactos I blend.

I have a pretty unique method for inoculating the Mycos which works very well. Basically I start with a dry myco in my soil mix, then a slurry dip when re-potting at least two more times. The root contact is superior and the resulting plants vigor tells the tale.

The one things I was thinking of looking into that you are doing with the Glacier Dust (I use a green sand /soft rock phosphates mix and am considering Azomite.

Can you tell me what brand you use?

I think I will give it a go myself.

BTW, you might want to give "Quantum Growth" a look-see too for the foliar applications. Its a purple algal base with some 30 beneficial bacteria species along with humates and other photosynthetic microorganisms that produce energy for plants. It would be a major boost to your current Sea Green regime given the blue-green algal focus in Sea Green. It's a great marriage. There is a suite of products that are well focused upon the specific application and they all work wonders much like Sea green. Give it a try.

Here is the link:

And here is a most cool video by the makers of QG when marketed under brand Innoculaide.

http://www.strimoo.com/video/14626539/Inoculaid-Rocks-Veoh.html

And thanks again for your patience in all this Alien. You are a breed apart my friend.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
can anyone that got the flowering schedule pm it to me, or email? i wanna give this a go on a few plants this round. thanks in advance

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Any hopes of a veg feeding schedule or at least the products used?

S

Shiplessocean

Only suggestion I have for you Mr Alien:

Great White is Overpriced by 4x, They even add stuff that does 0% for intake or ur plants. Just to make it look fancier.

I suggest you check them out, their 2.2 LB is like 50 bucks, GW is like 250, trust me i used to buy it all the time.

http://xtreme-gardening.com/mykos/mykos-wp/

.SO

A

Alien

Supporter
Thank you for your further explaination, Alien.

Again many respects for your time and effort here, brother.

I use the oyster shell "flour" as well and have a humate amendment that has a Leonardite base to it, along with a lot of other fulvic acid complexes as well. (A lot of these dry humates are mining by-products from Utah and there are a slew of them that are really quite under-utilized out there).

So in that regard our approach is similar, Alien. Really I am surprised more folks don't use a serious dose of Oyster Shell Flour in their mixes given the buffer management it provides as well as some soluble CA. It's key for me.

I tend to make my own Soil mix though using a 50/50 Gold Label Coco in combination with high-grade Canadian sphagnum. I toss in the amendments to round things outwith a fine grade organic compost and worm castings. I know its probably anal but the results I get in veg are pretty telling. And of course I agree with the uber-drainage / breathability using "more peralite", ideally a mix of course and medium grade without the dust.

Like yourself I learned to cook by touch and feel and making soil is no different. My focus is primarily upon the myco complexes and the other complementary bennie bactos I blend.

I have a pretty unique method for inoculating the Mycos which works very well. Basically I start with a dry myco in my soil mix, then a slurry dip when re-potting at least two more times. The root contact is superior and the resulting plants vigor tells the tale.

The one things I was thinking of looking into that you are doing with the Glacier Dust (I use a green sand /soft rock phosphates mix and am considering Azomite.

Can you tell me what brand you use?

I think I will give it a go myself.

BTW, you might want to give "Quantum Growth" a look-see too for the foliar applications. Its a purple algal base with some 30 beneficial bacteria species along with humates and other photosynthetic microorganisms that produce energy for plants. It would be a major boost to your current Sea Green regime given the blue-green algal focus in Sea Green. It's a great marriage. There is a suite of products that are well focused upon the specific application and they all work wonders much like Sea green. Give it a try.

Here is the link:

And here is a most cool video by the makers of QG when marketed under brand Innoculaide.

http://www.strimoo.com/video/14626539/Inoculaid-Rocks-Veoh.html

And thanks again for your patience in all this Alien. You are a breed apart my friend.

Right on bro! Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate the detailed responses.

The Glacier Dust and Oyster Shell Calcium that I use are from Peaceful Valley...not sure what brands. If you check their website it should be easy to find because they only carry one type of each.

can anyone that got the flowering schedule pm it to me, or email? i wanna give this a go on a few plants this round. thanks in advance

PM me your email and I will get it to you asap.

Any hopes of a veg feeding schedule or at least the products used?

Yes...sometime....those charts take a hell of a long time to make and calculate.

For now:
Boticare PBP Grow
Liquid Kelp (Eco-Nero or Age Old)
Compost Teas
EM-1
Pro-Tek Silica
Earth Juice Micronutrients (every 4 weeks as needed)
Sea Green

I like to foliar feed A LOT with Kelp, Sea Green and Compost Teas (Separately, of course).

Only suggestion I have for you Mr Alien:

Great White is Overpriced by 4x, They even add stuff that does 0% for intake or ur plants. Just to make it look fancier.

I suggest you check them out, their 2.2 LB is like 50 bucks, GW is like 250, trust me i used to buy it all the time.

http://xtreme-gardening.com/mykos/mykos-wp/

.SO

Completely agree. Thanks for the info and link. I've been searching for the right product to replace GW.

After researching, this looks like the one.

Much appreciated.

Cheers all,
Alien

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Veg nute response

Thanks you sir!:banana1sv6:

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
The guys at Xtreme actually make the core Mycos complexes for GW and a lot of the Myco products for other companies too. (They are local here in the Central Coast and I have toured their factory.)

There are a few options out there that are actually better, but it really depends on how you use your Mycos more so than the propogule count.

I'll send you a PM Alien that doesn't clutter up your thread.

Respects.

A

Alien

Supporter
The guys at Xtreme actually make the core Mycos complexes for GW and a lot of the Myco products for other companies too. (They are local here in the Central Coast and I have toured their factory.)

There are a few options out there that are actually better, but it really depends on how you use your Mycos more so than the propogule count.

I'll send you a PM Alien that doesn't clutter up your thread.

Respects.

Please do. I look forward to hearing from you.

urbanite420

urbanite420

I would also look into Extreme's Azos, if you havent already. Mykos with Azos are designed to work together, and with their calcarb foliar spray, plant growth is off the hook!!! Then throw in the Sea Green and boyeee does the greenery explode! For the last couple months I've been trying these out compared to GW and root bloom and for the price the Extreme products work better for me.

I personally use Canna Aqua Vega for veggin out my plants, even in soil this product works great and the usage ratios are lower than Terra Veg so it lasts even longer! I only had to figure out the correct EC and pH for soil work.

Ever eat tomatoes on the vine? Well if you're in So Cal it comes from Houwelings nursery, which uses Canna for tomatoes and cucumbers. Ever since I toured Houwelings tomato nursery (like 5 football fields of indoor tomatoes!) over a year ago, I've been on Canna. I figured that if Canna is legit for the food I eat it is mos def legit for meds I consume.

grower2

grower2

Here's my organic flower feeding regimen. This particular chart is designed for a 63 day cycle.

alien_genetics_flower_regimen.jpg

Enjoy! Hope this helps out any of you fellow organic farmers that want to fine tune your nute regimen, or anyone else looking to switch over to organic farming.

Cheers,
Alien

I recently came across your work, everything you grow looks stellar!

I can't get that linked window to load for your nute regime. Any chance you could post it in the thread or something?

I'm very curious about this Sea Green and think I will have to try a bottle out.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom