Aliens invaded my Waterfarms.......

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is a new setup I am goin to play with for the winter. 8 site Waterfarms with 2k to start with but i will probably add side lighting before I flip to flower.

(8) Alien#4 from Soul are goin in in the morning, they are all super rooted and ready to run.

Nutes will be House and Garden Aqua Flakes A&B, Root Excelurater, Bud XL, Multizyme, Top Booster, Shooting Powder, Drip Clean, and Magic Green, right by the charts.

So here we go.......

Tex

Aliens invaded my waterfarms
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 2
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 3
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 4
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 5
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 6
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 7
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 8
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 9
Aliens invaded my waterfarms 10
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
That's a nice setup! Tagged for sure.. I have always wanted to run a system like that. Is that a small black inline pump?

F

FastForward

Wicked stuff TK. I love watching the master at work :)

Is that your mum waterfarm setup recycled? Also, how come the move to clay from coco, or is that just for your mums?

devilrays

devilrays

who makes that ROOT EXCELERATOR? and I'm on board for this one!

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

man i wish i had that size room!!!not to mention that awesome waterfarm setup!!!dj

B

biggs

can't wait to see them filled up with dank!! great work Texas Kid.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I always love runnin the waterfarms, all in all it is a killer little system with a few tweaks here and there from experience.

This is my old mother setup that has been just sittin in the corner for as bit doin nothing.

Runnin feca rocks (hydroton) instead of coco because i can stand fightint he fungus gnats that ultimately invade because the media just stays to wet all the time. Quick flips it is not as big a deal but if your holdin plants in the farms to long the hnats come in strong.

I put a 185gph inline pump on the backside of the bucket rows. This lets me run the pump regularly and circulate the water from bucket row to bucket row, this elliminates the customery one ph bitch bucket and they all stay the same on the nute level as well as ph levels. The pump also helps with res changes so you can empty the system real quick when needed. I will do a full res change every week this round to get the full effect.

Side lighting will be 2-4 400w hortilux base up base down daylight blues, hanging verticle on bare bulbs. I am goin to try and build a rig using a oscillating fan stand and put a mogul base on it so that the light is actually sittin on a pedestal coming up from the bottom with full hieght adjustment. That way i can put a 400w right in the middle of 4 plants that are already sitting upder a 1k hood. I have been wrestlen with a way to mount these lights under a 1k and I think this will work.

House and Garden baby!! Roots Exelurater will grow roots on a rock so get ready...They are the dutch gurus for sure, I even put them above Canna or Hesi.

Tex

K

Kushtard

nice setup. I was just thiking about some recirculating waterfarm style dwc or the farm system itself. I was thinking tho that the recirculating line would lead back to the bottom reservoir. And then smoothly in my head when the whole thing got low it would just refill. It looks to me that you hve the reciruclating line heading back tp the top resdervoir. I am not sur ehow that works. Kudos on finding the recirculating kit.

edit nevermind. The bottome pics were an optical illusion to me. The top pic shows it nice. I was in a snned hurry. COOOOLLL :fixed: :mysterymachine:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I only circulate through the controll reservoir..it is a little tricky to find the flow rate that works best, to fast and it empties the last bucket on the row to quick and you don't get a good mix.

Tex

F

FastForward

Runnin feca rocks (hydroton) instead of coco because i can stand fightint he fungus gnats that ultimately invade because the media just stays to wet all the time. Quick flips it is not as big a deal but if your holdin plants in the farms to long the hnats come in strong.

House and Garden baby!! Roots Exelurater will grow roots on a rock so get ready...They are the dutch gurus for sure, I even put them above Canna or Hesi.

I'm fighting the gnats worse than ever at the moment, can't seem to shift the buggers. Am finding little wormy ones under the leaves and so it's not just a case of soaking the coco anymore, and spraying is a pain the the arse. Going to get some diahydro but even with the gnats I'd rather do coco than those clay pebbles - enjoy!!!

H&G Root Exelurator I agree is the dogs bollocks, as we say over here :) Plus it has such a great dilution ratio that it lasts longer.

I'm just about to make the move from Canna Coco and nutes to Bcuzz. Two people who I rate highly rate someone else's green the highest, and that someone else is a Bcuzz kinda guy....so I'm giving it a go. Any experience with it?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have only used the Bcuzz Roots and it works great..

Yeh, I hate the ton rocks also but coco drove me crazy in the waterfarms, not freindly in the pumps and drip rings either...I am goin to do one bucket with DynoRock next round and see what it does.

Tex

true grit

true grit

What about cutting the coco with perlite etc? Still have gnat issues with better aeration?

Z

zoeronerer

old school! nice one tex...those nutes are solid with that system good luck but u dont need luck u got skillllllz..... im gonna run some aliens as well cant wait to pop em...will watch this one. cheers tex kid

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Already redesigned the sytem a little, I will put up pics when done. Filled and nuted everything and loaded with plants. Room holds 79 degrees closed up with the 2k runnin 24/7..

Tex

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey TK how much does an eight site waterfarm system cost!! dj

P

Park

right on man, i noticed your pump at the back end.

i stopped at the supplier today and asked them to source some square 8 to 10 gallon pails with lids around 2 feet tall.

going to try to build a 6 or 8 site under current system.

thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom