All Bud Good Bud

• Thread starter Gaberabtic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

This has been a conversation between buddies of mine for years. I thought it may be a good topic of conversation here as well. Of course there is different types and strains etc but what I talking about is the crap you see from Mexico. Do you think that this bud is good before it's smashed into bricks and carried north in a gas tank or your someone's anal cavity?
I think yes it is good bud but by the time it gets to where ever it is going the process has destroyed it. What do you guys think?

alaskind

alaskind

welp, a lot of it is grown commercially (cheap chem food like peters 20-20-20) barely sexed, cut en mass without regard to individual maturity... dried in the sun.... prolly mids at best b4 its journey north.... gettin hard to find the crappy Mexi of yesteryear round here...

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
When we used to gorilla grow we would sometimes plant plots of brick weed seed, and I would venture to say that 10% of the plants sown were quality smoke, but never amazing.

alaskind

alaskind

I think that commercial growers in Mex. were well aware of the ease and speed that hybrids bring to the table, and have been cultivating them since mid 80- on.... there are still great genetics to be had from mexican native cannabis tho.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

When we used to gorilla grow we would sometimes plant plots of brick weed seed, and I would venture to say that 10% of the plants sown were quality smoke, but never amazing.

This is great info, and same here, the Mexican brick seed I saw growing a few times outside in the early 90s turned out turned out just "okay". It did not get us much higher than the original brick, it just looked slightly better because it wasn't bricked.

D

donsogman

In my opinion it may lose some potency in the bricking process or transportation. But the quality was not that great to begin with. Most cannabis imported south of the border is a form of sativa dominate strain. The average thc content is 3-6%. Not good at all, domestic is typically 18% and above. Where imported cannabis from north of the border is bricked and tranaported as well but average 14- 16% thc content. So what are the Canadians doing so much better? Well producing higher quality product.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I think a huge part is the Mexicans lack of nutrients, in Canada the commercial growers have access to higher end nutrients that do a better job, the Mexican farmers definetly aren't throwing as much money into the nutrients and gardens, mostly because a few acres of cannabis isn't something you can do a ton of quality control, ie pests, pollen, maples, weeds other than weed and drying in the sunlight is never good for thc

That being said when I was down in Mexico and got unbricked green spears of that sweet Mexican it was most definetly better than the bricked version

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

See that what I was thinking also. I'm just starting out and I just have regular seeds and some very very old seeds but hey they all popped with out a problem. Thanks guys

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Some of the best herb I've had in my life was '60's Mexican,
and it was in 2 to 3# bricked "kilos".

The fantastic gold/red Colombian of the '70's,
was those square grouper/square pig bales...
...and the very best I ever had (better than Thai sticks)
was super-compressed blocks of black Colombian Chiba Cheeba (like hash)
that was pressed under so much pressure that,
it had as many seeds as the gold Colombian,
but they were all flat as a piece of photo paper;
I think the oil from those flattened seeds
had something to do with the color and consistency of that compressed herb;
and you could get dynamite plants from any of that furin' bricked seeded stuff--
'cept the Chiba Cheeba Heh...

Calixylon

Calixylon

When i started popping seeds shortly after i began smoking it was always shwag/mids seeds. The "Beaster" bud that was so common in the 90-early 00 never had seeds in it, it was always the same kind almost every time, and rarely was dried properly, actually it was never dried, and commonly had mold, god that characterless crap got you high but mids was a better head than that shit. Thank god we shut those borders down and caused a massive massive increase in "Headies" being grown in our country. Swear to god its harder to find shwag/mid cannabis than it is to find heroin. Its a good thing though, just jealous of all these kids growing up on sourd, kush , and OG, they dont know what the struggle was like.

G gnome

G gnome

When i started popping seeds shortly after i began smoking it was always shwag/mids seeds. The "Beaster" bud that was so common in the 90-early 00 never had seeds in it, it was always the same kind almost every time, and rarely was dried properly, actually it was never dried, and commonly had mold, god that characterless crap got you high but mids was a better head than that shit. Thank god we shut those borders down and caused a massive massive increase in "Headies" being grown in our country. Swear to god its harder to find shwag/mid cannabis than it is to find heroin. Its a good thing though, just jealous of all these kids growing up on sourd, kush , and OG, they dont know what the struggle was like.
I remember that shit . I don't miss it

Toaster79

Toaster79

If anyone is interested Sensi has a strain called Mexican Sativa. They used what's suppose to be Oxacan landrace and used Durban and Pakistani Hash plant to adapt to northern summer then back crossed it wit the initial Oxacan. Haven't smoked or grown either of them but thought it might be interesting to some of you.

Keep it green!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

There is a douchespensary near me that is offing Mexican brick weed. Labeled as Mexican brick weed.
It has to be some shit the owner was sitting on for years. Not a bad idea.
The asshat is selling it for $125 ounces.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Honestly that shit is still smoked by someone since those mexicans still smuggle that shit across in bales, but i dont think it has the same value it once did. I doubt people now would pay more than 50 and oz at least educated people. I grew some bick weed 2 years ago becasue i stumbled upon a gramk of shwag, turned out ok didnt finish it and had to pull early, but its around in the ghetto still, probably a lot of it goes back into the ghetto and into hispanic peoples lungs, dont know many other ghettos other than hispanic hoods that have shwiggittty shwag on deck all day.

I bet that asshat is selling fucking mexcian dope grown last year, which honestly is fucked up, one thing for heroin and cocaine to support murderous cartels, but im not really wanting my cannabis to be anywhere near that realm of sketchy. Out in Amsterdam that shit flys all day, their cannabis and hash can be imported, or cant be but once its in the country its fair game? Not sure on Dutch law, seems shady but back in the day before indoor growing they had to import.

Seemed like it would have been an intresting time to be over there before the indoor came on the scene, and you really probably got to choose all diff types of import in the coffee shops. Nowadays most of the import is probabyl just grown in that region, but isnt truly a landrace Swazi, or Afghan hash, but just faster breeding modern genetics grown out there.

Or maybe all the nostalgia of the old school tokers, and landrace genteics and their amazing sativas is just that.. nostalgia and memories of the first few highs, on an impressionable young brain. And nowadays the genetic cream just keeps rising. All i know is strains come and go, ive seen a bunch dissapear that ive missed dearly.

The pine, fir tree, evergreen grove sweet pine funker outdoor that was so sticky and green has all but disapeared. Someones got it and has been growing it forever but any mass production is gone, im taking the sweet pine not the OG pinesol with the limonene, this shit was far from lemon, just sweet evergreen grove. And then obviously Skunk, Northern Lights, Blueberry are also now all becoming strains that truly are impossible to find, have most of these strains made up all the current elites fosho, but the originals are all but exticnt.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
That's what I'd hear folks say;
after I brought it down from the North Georgia Mountains--
to the flatlands...

Calixylon

Calixylon

Think thats just uneducated hillbilly drug knowledge, like driving nails thru your stalks to increase resin, thats just old urban growing legends i belive

Top Bottom