ALL CRITICS WELCOMED .. I NEED HELP

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So I made the choice to go with canna coco as my medium ( unless you guys have any better suggestions) with amendments from Gaia green ( again open to suggestions, last time I’ll say it😂) with some thought into great white for fungi and clonex for other amendments.. I really haven’t done any research into cal/mag if anyone would like to fill me in on that I would be all ears. I pretty much know the basics but I’m sure not enough. I’m going with rockwool for my seeds with no real brand in mind, unless that matters. I’ll be going to my local hydro store tomorrow to see if I can’t grab most of the thing I need, other that that I’ll most likely go with the Amazon top choice. I’ll make another post about the process and steps I want to go through in every stage and probably another for equipment brands for more suggestions and opinions ..ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HELPS..Learned tons already thanks fellas.💚

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So I made the choice to go with canna coco as my medium ( unless you guys have any better suggestions) with amendments from Gaia green ( again open to suggestions, last time I’ll say it😂) with some thought into great white for fungi and clonex for other amendments.. I really haven’t done any research into cal/mag if anyone would like to fill me in on that I would be all ears. I pretty much know the basics but I’m sure not enough. I’m going with rockwool for my seeds with no real brand in mind, unless that matters. I’ll be going to my local hydro store tomorrow to see if I can’t grab most of the thing I need, other that that I’ll most likely go with the Amazon top choice. I’ll make another post about the process and steps I want to go through in every stage and probably another for equipment brands for more suggestions and opinions ..ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HELPS..Learned tons already thanks fellas.💚
green gaia is very good, a well balanced feed. i use it for outdoors and may start to use it for indoor.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

green gaia is very good, a well balanced feed. i use it for outdoors and may start to use it for indoor.
Hey man I really have to ask about the golf balls.. I’m loosing my mind tryna figure out why😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey man I really have to ask about the golf balls.. I’m loosing my mind tryna figure out why😂
i’m just getting ready for when the plants get transplanted to 10 gallon bags than i’ll be able to spin the bags around easily and it allows for airflow underneath and gives a little room for water that seps through the bottom.
i don’t water for run off.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

i’m just getting ready for when the plants get transplanted to 10 gallon bags than i’ll be able to spin the bags around easily and it allows for airflow underneath and gives a little room for water that seps through the bottom.
i don’t water for run off.
Ohh ok .. any reason you don’t water till run off or is it just over time you pretty much now how much you need 🤔

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Its a good exercise if you want to mix your own media. 1/3 coco, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 compost soil is what i'm running. Great drainage and still some micro-organisms and ph buffer.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Its a good exercise if you want to mix your own media. 1/3 coco, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 compost soil is what i'm running. Great drainage and still some micro-organisms and ph buffer.
Could you briefly explain the benefits of perlite 🤔

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ohh ok .. any reason you don’t water till run off or is it just over time you pretty much now how much you need 🤔
some people do some don’t, i grow in pro mix soilless which contains ph buffers so no need to ph test anything in or out, i have no clue of my ph, ppm.. etc, or ingredients of my tap water.. for soil and soilless grows..
just keep the plant healthy and there’s no need for any of that.
all plants start out healthy and when something goes wrong it’s human error and they misdiagnose and the issues start to snowball.
overwatering is about 95% of the root cause of plant problems, the other is environment and over feeding.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Could you briefly explain the benefits of perlite 🤔
Its a small white porous rock that hold onto water for a couple minutes before draining. As a soil or coco coir additive, it acts to prevent overwatering and you can flush easier if something goes wrong. Most ppl run a 70/30 mix.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Its a small white porous rock that hold onto water for a couple minutes before draining. As a soil or coco coir additive, it acts to prevent overwatering and you can flush easier if something goes wrong. Most ppl run a 70/30 mix.
Okok perfectly explained my guy thanks so with the amendments would you recommend a 70/20/10🤔 with the 10 being amendments🤔 like I said before if I sound just stupid please lmk

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

some people do some don’t, i grow in pro mix soilless which contains ph buffers so no need to ph test anything in or out, i have no clue of my ph, ppm.. etc, or ingredients of my tap water.. for soil and soilless grows..
just keep the plant healthy and there’s no need for any of that.
all plants start out healthy and when something goes wrong it’s human error and they misdiagnose and the issues start to snowball.
overwatering is about 95% of the root cause of plant problems, the other is environment and over feeding.
Yea I’ve always been a firm believer of using under the recommended amount set by the same people that would like you to run through their product as fast as possible 😂 The way it’s looking I’m in for some trial and error , a process that I actually enjoy going through. I’ll be trying various brands and amounts of almost everything I get including lights.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yea I’ve always been a firm believer of using under the recommended amount set by the same people that would like you to run through their product as fast as possible 😂 The way it’s looking I’m in for some trial and error , a process that I actually enjoy going through. I’ll be trying various brands and amounts of almost everything I get including lights.
youll be fine, especially if you keep us posted..
i still make a mistake here and there..

Top Bottom