ALL CRITICS WELCOMED .. I NEED HELP

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

So I went to Home Depot today (waist of time) and came back with a temp and humidity reader .. I’m getting a 4x4 from a friend and I’m leaning towards a cob light from Aglex.. I have a couple fans already and will likely get more.. I’ll probably not do a inline this time (unless that’s a terrible idea😂) as it’s my first grow and I’ll only be doing about 4 plants just to get my feet wet.. I’ll be visiting my local hydro store this weekend and would like to get any suggestions to add to my list.. So far on my list I have CoCo and some great white products for amendments, a ph reader and ph down, if it’s a must I’ll get a pump for dechlorinated water unless that not a must, fabric pots 5 gal and 1 gal, a couple of big tuf bins and small sheers. That’s all I can think of now so please tell me what I’m missing.. I will be posting more questions ALOT , probably question you haven’t heard so stay in touch and look out for my update pictures . ALL CRITICS WELCOMED

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

So I went to Home Depot today (waist of time) and came back with a temp and humidity reader .. I’m getting a 4x4 from a friend and I’m leaning towards a cob light from Aglex.. I have a couple fans already and will likely get more.. I’ll probably not do a inline this time (unless that’s a terrible idea😂) as it’s my first grow and I’ll only be doing about 4 plants just to get my feet wet.. I’ll be visiting my local hydro store this weekend and would like to get any suggestions to add to my list.. So far on my list I have CoCo and some great white products for amendments, a ph reader and ph down, if it’s a must I’ll get a pump for dechlorinated water unless that not a must, fabric pots 5 gal and 1 gal, a couple of big tuf bins and small sheers. That’s all I can think of now so please tell me what I’m missing.. I will be posting more questions ALOT , probably question you haven’t heard so stay in touch and look out for my update pictures . ALL CRITICS WELCOMED

You're running coco but didn't mention cal/mag. Also check out Autopots for watering. Timer for lights?

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

You're running coco but didn't mention cal/mag. Also check out Autopots for watering. Timer for lights?
I really want to keep track of light so I’ll probably do the timing manually so I can keep a record of everything but what are autopots 🤔

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Not only for the smell but to ensure fresh air is constantly drawn into the space, plants don't do well without fresh air
Ok thanks because I was just gonna go with a couple of fans and keep a air duct or 2 open but if it’s a necessity I’ll grab one as I’ll end up needing on for a 8x8 I plan on getting once I get my process figured out

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I really want to keep track of light so I’ll probably do the timing manually so I can keep a record of everything but what are autopots 🤔

Gravity fed watering system using something like a toilet float logic to keep the level of water right to keep the bottom of the coco wet. You can't top feed plants or use nutes that will gum up the water lines. A single reservoir only gives the option of one level and type of nutes at a time. The water reservoir sits about 18 inches off the ground and you can fill up water for week and just check that the water is still flowing though. Low maintenance for coco. There are a couple different size of pots (3 and 5 gallon) and you can add more pots when you want. I'm running 4 plants off a single res so I don't know how much water each plant uses, just when they all need more.

I've used the pots for every grow for the last couple years though and will continue to use them. Below is an example of the root system developed in them.

DSC00527

Ponky

Ponky

worth the splurge. To warn your phone when temperatures are out of range. I use mine to run an intake fan.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Yeah use a timer. You will regret it if you don't, promise.
Ok I get it so basically once you get a light schedule, you just want to stay consistent w that and kinda tweak it after every grow to get more data? I’m a huge numbers guy so I’ll be posting picture updates as well as numbers and data to go w them. I’m sure that’ll help you guys help troubleshoot a lot of thats and hopefully help others.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Gravity fed watering system using something like a toilet float logic to keep the level of water right to keep the bottom of the coco wet. You can't top feed plants or use nutes that will gum up the water lines. A single reservoir only gives the option of one level and type of nutes at a time. The water reservoir sits about 18 inches off the ground and you can fill up water for week and just check that the water is still flowing though. Low maintenance for coco. There are a couple different size of pots (3 and 5 gallon) and you can add more pots when you want. I'm running 4 plants off a single res so I don't know how much water each plant uses, just when they all need more.

I've used the pots for every grow for the last couple years though and will continue to use them. Below is an example of the root system developed in them.

View attachment 1136991
I’ll definitely do my research I don’t know a lot about them I’ve spent a lot of time looking at fabric pots with the benefit of air flow and easy run off

Ponky

Ponky

I’ll definitely do my research I don’t know a lot about them I’ve spent a lot of time looking at fabric pots with the benefit of air flow and easy run off
I got sick of fabric pots. Went to 5 gallon square. Never looked back. Easier to clean. Fabric pots are good for single use. Fabric bags have to soak in bleach water. Get rinsed well. Hard pots get sprayed with bleach. Rinsed. And are immediately ready. Found no yield difference.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I got sick of fabric pots. Went to 5 gallon square. Never looked back. Easier to clean. Fabric pots are good for single use. Fabric bags have to soak in bleach water. Get rinsed well. Hard pots get sprayed with bleach. Rinsed. And are immediately ready. Found no yield difference.
Any run off issues 🤔

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok I get it so basically once you get a light schedule, you just want to stay consistent w that and kinda tweak it after every grow to get more data? I’m a huge numbers guy so I’ll be posting picture updates as well as numbers and data to go w them. I’m sure that’ll help you guys help troubleshoot a lot of thats and hopefully help others.

Your only going to tweak the light schedule between growing auto flowers or photos. And maybe not even then.

Top Bottom