Am I too late to save them?

• Thread starter Dadtallica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Last time I bring the outside plants inside! I must have had some lazy 🐞! Spider mites & aphids all over.

Sprayed with Spinosad yesterday. Only 30 days in to flower.

Leaves also have a brown residue like substance in the. It doesn’t rub off or seem to be mold. All my issues have been nutrient or ph issues. This is my first insect infestation.

What do I do? Chop and wash or toss? 🤬

Am i too late to save them
Am i too late to save them 2
Am i too late to save them 3
Am i too late to save them 4
Am i too late to save them 5
KeytheCaregiver

KeytheCaregiver

Are you seeing spider webs around bud sites?

If no, remove them from your grow immediately and if it saves your other plants get them quarantined ASAP!

You can dunk them in a wash, spray, and there could still be mites on there so plan carefully.

Weigh your options.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Last time I bring the outside plants inside! I must have had some lazy 🐞! Spider mites & aphids all over.

Sprayed with Spinosad yesterday. Only 30 days in to flower.

Leaves also have a brown residue like substance in the. It doesn’t rub off or seem to be mold. All my issues have been nutrient or ph issues. This is my first insect infestation.

What do I do? Chop and wash or toss? 🤬
If they're that bad on 1 then they're on them all. There's no cure at this point they're only going to get worse. You can knock down the numbers of them by taking them outside and spraying them with a strong fine mist water spray. let dry before returning to the lights. Do it again 2 days later..then 2 days later while they're drying bleach clean everything. inside and out of your tent / room..... then repeat as nessesary

You'll still have mites but mites can even make your buds stickier as the plants fight the infestation...if you can make it to a harvest then do a bud washing afterwards to rid the smoke of their bodies,shells,eggs.shits & other debris.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

If they're that bad on 1 then they're on them all. There's no cure at this point they're only going to get worse. You can knock down the numbers of them by taking them outside and spraying them with a strong fine mist water spray. let dry before returning to the lights. Do it again 2 days later..then 2 days later while they're drying bleach clean everything. inside and out of your tent / room..... then repeat as nessesary

You'll still have mites but mites can even make your buds stickier as the plants fight the infestation...if you can make it to a harvest then do a bud washing afterwards to rid the smoke of their bodies,shells,eggs.shits & other debris.
Thanks for the detail. I’m ok if they don’t become smokeable because I will just cook them or maybe make hash. (Never have lol).

I’ve been spraying with capt jacks and a peroxide/alcohol mist. If I can keep it manageable I will let them go longer. Buds are pretty sticky already.

The caveat is I have them on a 12/12 with day time at night. How can I put them outside without ruining that?

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

I have them on a 12/12 now but night time is our daytime so I’m not sure I can get them out side yet.

I’m cool if I can’t smoke them I will just cook it all. Just wondering how much longer I should wait. The buds are quite sticky already. I have others that can flower so I gotta clean anyway.

I’ve been spraying with capt jacks and a peroxide/alcohol mist. If I can keep it manageable I will let them go longer. Thank you for the info.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

I’d put everything outside and leave them out. Then I’d start cleaning & disinfecting that tent.
They are on a 12/12 with daytime at night so not sure I can yet. I may just pull wash and clean. I have others ready to go in there

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks for the detail. I’m ok if they don’t become smokeable because I will just cook them or maybe make hash. (Never have lol).

I’ve been spraying with capt jacks and a peroxide/alcohol mist. If I can keep it manageable I will let them go longer. Buds are pretty sticky already.

The caveat is I have them on a 12/12 with day time at night. How can I put them outside without ruining that?
Ya that can make it awkward, That's why I have to have my lights on while I'm awake so I can tend to their needs. I've tried on through the night but I end up neglecting them because there's not enough wake hrs to deal with them properly.

It's just added protein in the brownies but they go snap crackle pop when smoking.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Ya that can make it awkward, That's why I have to have my lights on while I'm awake so I can tend to their needs. I've tried on through the night but I end up neglecting them because there's not enough wake hrs to deal with them properly.

It's just added protein in the brownies but they go snap crackle pop when smoking.
Lol ok so you’ve smoked them I see!

Ya this is my second run with day ant night and I’m not a fan. This is my last one.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Lol ok so you’ve smoked them I see!

Ya this is my second run with day ant night and I’m not a fan. This is my last one.
I would have to be in a extremely warm environment where my last resort to control heat would be running my lights at night.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

I would have to be in a extremely warm environment where my last resort to control heat would be running my lights at night.
The room that tent is in is on second floor with not the best circulation. Plus I have several inside and outside tents going so it s cheaper for me too. But I’m not a fan I miss my plants lol.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Are you seeing spider webs around bud sites?

If no, remove them from your grow immediately and if it saves your other plants get them quarantined ASAP!

You can dunk them in a wash, spray, and there could still be mites on there so plan carefully.

Weigh your options.
I saw one web and removed. I assume there more.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I saw one web and removed. I assume there more.
I've tried to bleach my cement floor twice a week through the summer months but it was almost 1 month until I did it yesterday, ran out of bleach,forgot to buy more............ excuses excuses... but I'm still bug free and I'll hit it again this week.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Some do it for electrical costs, Some elect. co. with the new meters have off hour rates and they offer it as an incentive to help prevent overloading the system at peak. We have the new meters here but they only offer it to businesses the last I heard. I still would only use my lights on while I'm up.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit I put them to bed every night, I'm in my grow room until lights out, then I make sure alls well & lock up my workshop / grow room, set my invasion alarm to on, then lock the garage door. lol

if you get through the first 2 cheap locks its going to scream at you real fking loud...lol..........

If that fking alarm goes off though the night I'll be 3ft in the air grabbing my bat and 250 lbs of angry old naked fat man is going to be be losing it out the front door......lol

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

I've tried to bleach my cement floor twice a week through the summer months but it was almost 1 month until I did it yesterday, ran out of bleach,forgot to buy more............ excuses excuses... but I'm still bug free and I'll hit it again this week.
I never had a big issue before until I decided to bring plants inside. Not the best choice lol.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Bugs do not like clean environments

Top Bottom