Amended coco

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

What's good farmers. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but I just wanted to hear some thoughts other than my own. I've been doing a lot of messing around with mixes lately. Ended up making a super soil that will get run soon and a couple other lightly amended promix mixes that are currently kicking ass. So my medium of choice has been Coco for a while now but I can never quote get Coco to really rock with organics. So I figured I'd add some stuff and see what happens. So to abut 2 gallons of coco(botanicare aeration mix) I added a few cups of lobster compost as a hummus and chitin source a couple cups of azomite and glacial rock dust and what I believe will do really well in Coco 3.75 tablespoons of gypsum. Also added quite a bit of rice hulls as well because I have fallen in love with them(no floating). I figure the gypsum will allow the bennies to really control the pH due to the cal and sulphur and I shouldn't have to worry much about cal for the rest of my plants life. I realize I haven't added any magnesium directly but I will be using huvega and or Epsom in water as needed. I plan on using nature's nectar for my nutrients as well as weekly teas. I'm really having positive feelings about this and will be putting a dead diesel plant into this mix today. I will water said plant in with OG tea special sauce and will dust my root ball with caps nute pack. So I guess that's it for now. Please give this a look and let me know how u guys feel about it. Good or bad. Good vibes to all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmmm on the gypsum allowing microbes better control of pH. I'm not sure, but I do know this--it's considered a non-pH-shifting amendment. Ain't the rice hulls great?

Only time will tell whether or not that's enough CaSO4 for the full cycle, so I'll be watching for updates. :)

What coir are you using? Is it pre-charged, or are you charging it yourself?

Tnelz

Tnelz

So my thoughts on the bennies are as follows. If the pH rises a bit to the point they are uncomfortable they would have the sulphur to process and lower it and should it get to low they would have the cal to bring it up. Just my thoughts anyway. Also yes it is pH neutral so even if my thoughts are crazy at least it won't effect things. Third yes I have fallen for the rice hulls hard. Took some getting used to but really really love them. I Def owe u a big thanks for that. Last it's not actually an entire grow. I will be putting a plant that is close to being ready for bloom so it will only have to get me through a week or so of veg to let her acclimate to the medium and then it's bloom city. As for Coco it's botanicare aeration which has a few things in it but not necessarily charged. In my opinion the main problems for Coco is cal mag and the gypsum will cover cal and I'll water the plant in with some Epsom so I feel I'll be good there. I think that covers it. I will shoot some pics later today and will use this as a log till chop. Have a safe weekend.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Curious to see how this works for ya. Gonna be amending some soon myself to try some things.
Really happy to have u here. I'll get some pics of the plant up today for sure. Initially the plant was OK but I have the hardest time with nectar for the gods in Coco. So I've obviously amended the Coco and up potted her but I cut the nftg and now using nature's nectar and it's a world of difference. Slight mag Def but not a big deal. New growth since transplant has been nice and green. Also she has been looking super happy. More info and some pics on the way!

Tnelz

Tnelz

i was using floranova at 5ml gallon with notg herculean harvest and demeters destiny with no problems
I have never had a problem using nftg in bits and pieces in Coco. I think certain bottles added to other base nutes really rock. But I'm talking the entire line up. Dd and hh would be great added in conjunction with the fn I have no doubt. I add bits and pieces to my other plants and they are doing great. But everytime I try solely nftg in Coco I end up with issues. For the record this is not the case when using the line in my soil mixes just Coco.

Tnelz

Tnelz

20140705 110013
20140705 105952

That's the lady in the amended Coco. U can see a slight mag Def on her bottom fan but that's from before being in amended. I've started to correct that. But over all she is happy imo at the current time so we will see. Giving her her twice weekly dose of tea. I use a three part tea based nutrient product called poo guys poo. They have a grow transition and bloom tea formula. Prolly all the same but I'm trying it. Lol. And tomorrow it's back to nature's nectar plus Epsom. So let's sit back and see if it's a winner. It's a dead diesel from a local breeder. Have a different pheno in bloom already! She is in a slightly amended promix mix.

true grit

true grit

Really happy to have u here. I'll get some pics of the plant up today for sure. Initially the plant was OK but I have the hardest time with nectar for the gods in Coco. So I've obviously amended the Coco and up potted her but I cut the nftg and now using nature's nectar and it's a world of difference. Slight mag Def but not a big deal. New growth since transplant has been nice and green. Also she has been looking super happy. More info and some pics on the way!

Best results i had in coco were with biobizz bloom. Veg sucked, i just used PBP at the time. Now I'm gonna shoot for lightly amended, build some biological and have top feed guano options. See how that works off the bat, and have Bio Bizz around to help if need be. I was thinking of doing a mix similar to my water only soil/promix mix but wanna play more with the guanos.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Best results i had in coco were with biobizz bloom. Veg sucked, i just used PBP at the time. Now I'm gonna shoot for lightly amended, build some biological and have top feed guano options. See how that works off the bat, and have Bio Bizz around to help if need be. I was thinking of doing a mix similar to my water only soil/promix mix but wanna play more with the guanos.
Have an amended soil mix cooking myself. Been going for three weeks. Going to let it go five. Very excited to see what it does. So far the lightly amended uncooked version is rockin. But I love Coco. Only problem I can never get it to give me what I'm looking for unless I use synthetics. So far I'm happy. Added some microbe life photosynthesis plus to the water tonight along with the nature's nectar. Thinking of giving her a sip of 12-10-2 sea bird guano at some point as well. Not sure if u have ever seen it but sn14 is something I'm going to look into as well. Sounds promising. 100% organic and 100 available to the plant and the investment is small so we will see. Updates will follow. Want to keep her in veg another week or so.

Tnelz

Tnelz

What do you plan on amending with?

green punk

green punk

I have posted this a few times. There are some bigger grows that I am aware of that are killing it using bcuzz coco w perlite added and Age Old Organic liquid ferts. They have been running this regime for years. Other than tweaking their perlite size and ratios.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I have posted this a few times. There are some bigger grows that I am aware of that are killing it using bcuzz coco w perlite added and Age Old Organic liquid ferts. They have been running this regime for years. Other than tweaking their perlite size and ratios.
Age old is tried and true for sure. To be honest not sure why I've never bought it. I'm going to continue to run the nature's nectar till its gone in hopes it does a good job. In the chance that it doesn't age old is something I will have to try. Do fine with synthetics but really want to remove them from my garden. Thanks for the tip bro.

true grit

true grit

What do you plan on amending with?

I got pretty stellar results using bio bizz and also with general organics. Couldn't quite get age old to work with my regimen. But both others needed nirvana or something similar to get proper uptake. bio bizz was closest I could get my stardawg to synthetic results. Soil is awesome but for some reason she loves coco.

Amendment wise gonna throw in some humics, azomite, oyster shell, a few meals and castings. Maybe a little blood meal not sure. Hit those with tea and let it cook. Hopin to get away with guano feelings after but we'll see

Tnelz

Tnelz

I got pretty stellar results using bio bizz and also with general organics. Couldn't quite get age old to work with my regimen. But both others needed nirvana or something similar to get proper uptake. bio bizz was closest I could get my stardawg to synthetic results. Soil is awesome but for some reason she loves coco.

Amendment wise gonna throw in some humics, azomite, oyster shell, a few meals and castings. Maybe a little blood meal not sure. Hit those with tea and let it cook. Hopin to get away with guano feelings after but we'll see
Ok so ur going full on amendments. May try the same thing. Got a few bags laying around so I should use them up. Good tip on the Nirvana I'll start adding a tsp per gallon and see if that helps. Funny u said general organics. I was saying last night how it always worked so good for me many moons ago. Just can't stop messing around with stuff ya know. Probably going to pick a go box up in a week or so amend some more Coco and run it with that. Glad ur here bro!

true grit

true grit

Ya hopefully the little bit of blood meal will be ample til I can play with guano levels/uptake. And hopefully the oyster shell will be ample for cal like it does for me in soil. Ill water in epsoms As well cuz I'm not sure how they will do in the mix itself.

GO is nice but as soon as I switched to bio bizz it was much better. And my bad started with nirvana and believe I ended up with liquid karma. I think sea green would have helped greatly with uptake as well. Curious if the powdered humics and sea green will be plenty this time around. I have high hopes as before I wasn't using AACTs while organic in coco and began using them shortly after switching back to soil.

Stoked to hear how yours evolves

Top Bottom