Amended coco

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Haha its not like im having issues, just was wondering if there was a way I could save on nutes that much more by lowering ppm's. I hit them daily with a 500-700 ppm batch of bio thruve n bio bud. Ill post pics of some finished cherry pie, pitbull, dirty girl, blue dream x secret recipe, n what ever else is on the trim table next week.

Going to be doing some side by side tests with the g.o. n tga soil on pure purple Afghan in a week.

Have you got dark cherry o.g.? I go to a clone shop in Seattle weekly n I snagged it, it is allegedly from k.w. estes garden and I just threw it in with that pure purple Afghan.
I don't have the dark cherry OG but Def sounds like something I'd be interested in. On another note I would Def suggest adding humic or fulvic to ur current nutes. I use fulpower by bioag. Love the stuff. Add it to most waters and it's become a staple in my Coco precharge when I intact precharge. I got into it by trying to find an answer to a mag Def some time ago. All I heard was fulvic is a small molecule and allows nutes to piggy back into ur plant bla bla... But it works. Really helps if ur having an issue and when ur not keeps things running full speed ahead. Imo anyway. Like the bioag product because it's pH neutral and it registers 0 ppms. So it's like a ghost additive. That's my two cents bro. Have a good grow!

Tnelz

Tnelz

This experiment is over. Infested with plant parasitic nematodes. No question. Just posted a thread explains them. Crazy critters. Lol. Thanks for rolling with me. I'll reopen this thread when I do it again. Much respect to all who commented!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So what was your honest opinion of floranova? I was my go to for the first 2 years of growing and since ive tried nftg, canna, tga super soil, and general organics. Ive also seen botanicare, heavy 16, fix farm, roots organics, supernatural, cyco, n house n garden in friends rooms
Honestly, for simple, easy and low dosing rates, it's pretty darn good IMO. I'm all organic now, but if I weren't, it's probably what I'd still be using.
I came back to the g.o. with bio bud in coco but was thinking of going back to fn to pull that extra lil bit of weight.

Also how much would you say to dilute your nuts if using humic acid?
I normally dose at about a quarter of the "recommended" rates, humics let me drop that a bit more, another 20%-25% or so, without seeing deficiencies.

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Honestly, for simple, easy and low dosing rates, it's pretty darn good IMO. I'm all organic now, but if I weren't, it's probably what I'd still be using.

I normally dose at about a quarter of the "recommended" rates, humics let me drop that a bit more, another 20%-25% or so, without seeing deficiencies.

I thought floranova was the best 1 part base on the market imo, but im trying to learn the art of organics now. I use RAW's humic acid in veg but I guess I'll have to grab a bag for the bloom room if thats what all the kool kids are doing these days :pompus:

Thanks bro

Tnelz

Tnelz

I thought floranova was the best 1 part base on the market imo, but im trying to learn the art of organics now. I use RAW's humic acid in veg but I guess I'll have to grab a bag for the bloom room if thats what all the kool kids are doing these days :pompus:

Thanks bro
Lol. That's exactly what the cool kids do! Good luck bro!

zeke

zeke

Those over priced plastic worm bin farm thingies recommend using coco as medium for the worms. I wonder what would happen if you mixed a bunch of guano and various meals and rock powders and a little burnt whatnot with a pile of coco and a few hungry worms? Maybe fill beds with what's left after the worms have eaten and fornicated themselves to death and then use. Eh?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Those over priced plastic worm bin farm thingies recommend using coco as medium for the worms. I wonder what would happen if you mixed a bunch of guano and various meals and rock powders and a little burnt whatnot with a pile of coco and a few hungry worms? Maybe fill beds with what's left after the worms have eaten and fornicated themselves to death and then use. Eh?
What's good zeek! Apparently the folks at fox farm already thought of it. Lol. They have the Coco Loco stuff. I was almost talked into buying a bag. It's amended Coco. Kind of ocean forest with Coco instead of soil. Was sort of interested but went with a bag of cyco. Couldn't b happier. Some of the cleanest Coco I've bought. Right around 100 ppms with a ph of 6.2 out of the bag no rinse.

Dunge

Dunge

I admit to having one of those overpriced plastic stacking worm bins.
It has held up well for two years and I love it.
Be warned. If you don't like worms and getting your hands dirty, stay away.
But if you want a seamless circle between worms, microbial teas, and super soil, then get your worm on.
Tea solids and kitchen scraps go in, runoff fluids get added to tea, worms and castings get layered into three gallon grow pots.
Worms survive the flower cycle, but I have yet to study how well their populations adjust to the new environment.
Will inspect an old root ball for eggs. If eggs are present, worm populations are expanding in the pot.
Coco is an extravagance for my worms. Egg cartons and other paper is what I use for the required fiber component of worm feed.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Dunge (or anyone), do you know how soil moisture levels and highly aerated planting mixes (mainly via small pumice) affect worms in the pots?

I'm wondering if they can survive frequent saturation, and if the rougher texture from a high pumice fraction will be a problem for them. For big containers I use a higher than typical ratio of aeration to organic matter.

Dunge

Dunge

I wanted to recycle rodent waste through my worm bin but was thwarted by the volcanic dust the chinchilla likes to clean in.
Seems the dust is too sharp for the worms.
As for water content, they seem to tolerate a range of moistures.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I wanted to recycle rodent waste through my worm bin but was thwarted by the volcanic dust the chinchilla likes to clean in.
Seems the dust is too sharp for the worms.
As for water content, they seem to tolerate a range of moistures.
Jesus @Dunge u have a goddam menagerie over there. Lol! Animal lover myself. Respect bro!

Top Bottom