Amended coco

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Ya hopefully the little bit of blood meal will be ample til I can play with guano levels/uptake. And hopefully the oyster shell will be ample for cal like it does for me in soil. Ill water in epsoms As well cuz I'm not sure how they will do in the mix itself.

GO is nice but as soon as I switched to bio bizz it was much better. And my bad started with nirvana and believe I ended up with liquid karma. I think sea green would have helped greatly with uptake as well. Curious if the powdered humics and sea green will be plenty this time around. I have high hopes as before I wasn't using AACTs while organic in coco and began using them shortly after switching back to soil.

Stoked to hear how yours evolves
I'm with Seamaiden on the oyster shells tg. It will imo keep ur pH a little high. Ultimately why I settled on gypsum. Seems to be working although not positive yet. Plant is pretty healthy but still not perfect. End of the day it's a new mix a new strain and using new nutes. U know the process. Lol. Think I'm going to fully amend one cf of Coco tonight. Just for the hell of it. I'll throw that up here once I actually do it.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Ya hopefully the little bit of blood meal will be ample til I can play with guano levels/uptake. And hopefully the oyster shell will be ample for cal like it does for me in soil. Ill water in epsoms As well cuz I'm not sure how they will do in the mix itself.

GO is nice but as soon as I switched to bio bizz it was much better. And my bad started with nirvana and believe I ended up with liquid karma. I think sea green would have helped greatly with uptake as well. Curious if the powdered humics and sea green will be plenty this time around. I have high hopes as before I wasn't using AACTs while organic in coco and began using them shortly after switching back to soil.

Stoked to hear how yours evolves
Actually added 1ml of both sea green and Rootamentary to my last feeding. Let's see what happens. Also no sure what Coco u use but the botanicare has some humic or leonardite mixed in already.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Just curious how u or anyone would feel about adding a low dose of h&g cocos to the mix. I know it's not organic but it's full of organics. I really thing it would balance things out. I figure I have a week or two tops to tinker a bit more. I'm going to go with the liquid karma for a couple waters. Seriously @true grit ur input here is much appreciated. U too @Seamaiden.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know what's in it nor have ever used it, so I can't really comment on what I think. I only feel comfortable commenting on what I've used, and my low-dose version of the Big Ricky worked well for me. :) I hear great things about the Sea Green, though, and adding humics (which can be derived from leonardite--don't forget that it's considered vital for the best/most productive freshwater planted tanks) can allow such an enhanced degree of uptake/utilization by the plants that you may very well find, as I did, that you must reduce dosing rates. I do use separate humic acid products, though.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I don't know what's in it nor have ever used it, so I can't really comment on what I think. I only feel comfortable commenting on what I've used, and my low-dose version of the Big Ricky worked well for me. :) I hear great things about the Sea Green, though, and adding humics (which can be derived from leonardite--don't forget that it's considered vital for the best/most productive freshwater planted tanks) can allow such an enhanced degree of uptake/utilization by the plants that you may very well find, as I did, that you must reduce dosing rates. I do use separate humic acid products, though.
Big Ricky?

true grit

true grit

Gypsum can also work well here for you, TG, especially if you find the oyster shell flour keeps pH pegged too high. If you're adding humics, your overall feeding needs will be reduced, IME.

Cool ill keep that in mind about the oyster shell and gypsum. Just trying to keep ingredients as close to current water only mix since its crushing. See how it goes off the bat and adjust...i do know ph wasn't as much an issue with the organics when i was in coco but we'll see how things shift with actual amendments.

And ya goal is to have nice microbial and slight amendment so i guano will be the main variable- always add humics to every mix/feed, just this time directly with powder instead of one of the bottled ones for coco.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Cool ill keep that in mind about the oyster shell and gypsum. Just trying to keep ingredients as close to current water only mix since its crushing. See how it goes off the bat and adjust...i do know ph wasn't as much an issue with the organics when i was in coco but we'll see how things shift with actual amendments.

And ya goal is to have nice microbial and slight amendment so i guano will be the main variable- always add humics to every mix/feed, just this time directly with powder instead of one of the bottled ones for coco.
With u on micro herd being of upmost importance. My motto is get ya bennies up! Lol. I'm becoming a fanatic at this point. Found a nice scope for under 200 that I'm grabbing next week. Actually more excited about that than the led I'm buying as well. Lol. Really want to see if my teas are what I think. But between caps and the special sauce can't see how they couldn't be. Also blooming fungus myself and adding it as my fungal source to bloom tea. Also love the bio ag fulpower for fulvic. Ph and ppm neutral. I'll be interested to see what u come up with bro. Seeing ur probably twenty times more experienced than me I'll probably switch. Lol. Time will tell.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Big Ricky?
The Big Ricky is a version, a better version IMO, of the Lucas formula. Partially organic but with some hard pushes of P, which I believe can easily be left out. It's been a few years since I've run it, but it's stoopid easy. Your base nutes are Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, with Ca (back then I was using BioLink 6% organic Ca), molasses (or sugars of your choice), Mg (I used MgSO4) and Koolbloom for extra P pushes. I used both powdered and liquid, I generally preferred powdered because of the super low dosing rates possible.

The original recipe is much richer than what I was running. My base, fed alternately was this:

5mls FnB + Ca or Mg (I alternate feeding Ca and Mg when growing in coir) + 5mls molasses (or, if you're going with another sugar, just try to keep the percentage similar to molasses)
5mls FF BB + Ca or Mg + 5mls molasses

1/4tsp powdered Koolbloom every 10 days, starting at 10-14 days after flip, stopping 14 before chop.
That recipe is adjusted up or down as the plants indicate. EG, my Cali Blue burned at 5mls/gal FnB, but 2mls/gal was perfect.

Goin' with MicroHume? It can be a BITCH to get into suspension. At first I was using SM-90, but once I learned what that was I began using my own emulsifiers. Dr. Bronner's ain't it. If you're using a different humic product that's easy to get into suspension, PLEASE, tell me what it is! I've already got this season's MicroHume purchased, but I'm always open to finding more newer betterer stuff.

true grit

true grit

Not sure what micro hume is honestly Sea. Many years ago I picked up a big bag of powdered Humics online somewhere and have just been digging into that bag when mixing my own soil forever. Seems to work fine, I don't really ever have issues very often other than adding too much other shit when amending- so Id assume it works well. Guess we'll see in the more sensitive coco though.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The Big Ricky is a version, a better version IMO, of the Lucas formula. Partially organic but with some hard pushes of P, which I believe can easily be left out. It's been a few years since I've run it, but it's stoopid easy. Your base nutes are Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, with Ca (back then I was using BioLink 6% organic Ca), molasses (or sugars of your choice), Mg (I used MgSO4) and Koolbloom for extra P pushes. I used both powdered and liquid, I generally preferred powdered because of the super low dosing rates possible.

The original recipe is much richer than what I was running. My base, fed alternately was this:

5mls FnB + Ca or Mg (I alternate feeding Ca and Mg when growing in coir) + 5mls molasses (or, if you're going with another sugar, just try to keep the percentage similar to molasses)

1/4tsp powdered Koolbloom every 10 days, starting at 10-14 days after flip, stopping 14 before chop.
That recipe is adjusted up or down as the plants indicate. EG, my Cali Blue burned at 5mls/gal FnB, but 2mls/gal was perfect.

Goin' with MicroHume? It can be a BITCH to get into suspension. At first I was using SM-90, but once I learned what that was I began using my own emulsifiers. Dr. Bronner's ain't it. If you're using a different humic product that's easy to get into suspension, PLEASE, tell me what it is! I've already got this season's MicroHume purchased, but I'm always open to finding more newer betterer stuff.
So I get the big Ricky. I'll Maybe check back with u in the future on that. As for a humic powder that mixes well. Before using ful power liquid I used ful humix by the same company. (bioag). Haven't tried the tm-7 or cytoplus but they do look like solid products. I like bioag because their products are solid and don't cost an arm and a leg. As for getting the products into suspension. I found ful humix to mix really well. That's not to say there was zero residue but not much. So not sure if it helps. Anyway really appreciate ur input here. Going to continue my organic nutes and supplement with the h&g cocos in small doses to see if I can dial in a little more. Curious though sea if I was to measure the ppms of the runoff I'm sure they would read high due to the amendments. Can I flush this particular batch as easy as unamended? Just a thought.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Also im not phing the nature's nectar. It doesn't register on a ph pen or ppm meter. So in ur opinion should I be keeping the water ph'd before adding the nutes. Seems like a stupid question but not sure. Obviously I'll be keeping whatever h&g I add in the correct pH range. But not quite sure (Jesus all this is just popping into my head) if the normal 5.6 6.2 range is still the correct one. Let me know what u think.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I get the big Ricky. I'll Maybe check back with u in the future on that. As for a humic powder that mixes well. Before using ful power liquid I used ful humix by the same company. (bioag). Haven't tried the tm-7 or cytoplus but they do look like solid products. I like bioag because their products are solid and don't cost an arm and a leg. As for getting the products into suspension. I found ful humix to mix really well. That's not to say there was zero residue but not much. So not sure if it helps. Anyway really appreciate ur input here. Going to continue my organic nutes and supplement with the h&g cocos in small doses to see if I can dial in a little more. Curious though sea if I was to measure the ppms of the runoff I'm sure they would read high due to the amendments. Can I flush this particular batch as easy as unamended? Just a thought.
Ah, that I can't say since I don't use run-off as the metric, I do that whole slurry test thing. Also know that sugars tend to caus EC readings to go high, sometimes crazy high.

Try this instead of a flush--taper off the nutrients, and end up just giving molasses/sugar at the end.
Also im not phing the nature's nectar. It doesn't register on a ph pen or ppm meter. So in ur opinion should I be keeping the water ph'd before adding the nutes. Seems like a stupid question but not sure. Obviously I'll be keeping whatever h&g I add in the correct pH range. But not quite sure (Jesus all this is just popping into my head) if the normal 5.6 6.2 range is still the correct one. Let me know what u think.
That's odd that pH isn't registering, yet you can pH your water? I would only pH the water prior to mixing *if* I knew that was going to put feeding pH within parameters, and the only way I know that with a given fertilizer is after it's mixed. EG. Pureblend Pro can make RO/DI water pH drop down to the 4 range, so I found that if I was going to use that I had to use straight well water.

I like to let pH range a bit, and for coir I liked keeping a range of 5.8-6.2, with what I call occasional forays outside those parameters. What you're discussing seems pretty good here, especially if it's already working for you.

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Have an amended soil mix cooking myself. Been going for three weeks. Going to let it go five. Very excited to see what it does. So far the lightly amended uncooked version is rockin. But I love Coco. Only problem I can never get it to give me what I'm looking for unless I use synthetics. So far I'm happy. Added some microbe life photosynthesis plus to the water tonight along with the nature's nectar. Thinking of giving her a sip of 12-10-2 sea bird guano at some point as well. Not sure if u have ever seen it but sn14 is something I'm going to look into as well. Sounds promising. 100% organic and 100 available to the plant and the investment is small so we will see. Updates will follow. Want to keep her in veg another week or so.

Try the general organics is coco bro, I'm getting my friends to weem off heavy 16, botanicare, cyco, and tga soil. I tried nftg on my outdoor last year and wasn't blown away for weight and I thought the dilutions . This year we're finishing with g.o.'s bio thrive n bio bud.

Also have you heard of nutrifield coco? Its pre buffered with cal mag so you dont need to buy it.
Ah, that I can't say since I don't use run-off as the metric, I do that whole slurry test thing. Also know that sugars tend to caus EC readings to go high, sometimes crazy high.

Try this instead of a flush--taper off the nutrients, and end up just giving molasses/sugar at the end.

That's odd that pH isn't registering, yet you can pH your water? I would only pH the water prior to mixing *if* I knew that was going to put feeding pH within parameters, and the only way I know that with a given fertilizer is after it's mixed. EG. Pureblend Pro can make RO/DI water pH drop down to the 4 range, so I found that if I was going to use that I had to use straight well water.

I like to let pH range a bit, and for coir I liked keeping a range of 5.8-6.2, with what I call occasional forays outside those parameters. What you're discussing seems pretty good here, especially if it's already working for you.

So what was your honest opinion of floranova? I was my go to for the first 2 years of growing and since ive tried nftg, canna, tga super soil, and general organics. Ive also seen botanicare, heavy 16, fix farm, roots organics, supernatural, cyco, n house n garden in friends rooms

I came back to the g.o. with bio bud in coco but was thinking of going back to fn to pull that extra lil bit of weight.

Also how much would you say to dilute your nuts if using humic acid?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Try the general organics is coco bro, I'm getting my friends to weem off heavy 16, botanicare, cyco, and tga soil. I tried nftg on my outdoor last year and wasn't blown away for weight and I thought the dilutions . This year we're finishing with g.o.'s bio thrive n bio bud.

Also have you heard of nutrifield coco? Its pre buffered with cal mag so you dont need to buy it.

So what was your honest opinion of floranova? I was my go to for the first 2 years of growing and since ive tried nftg, canna, tga super soil, and general organics. Ive also seen botanicare, heavy 16, fix farm, roots organics, supernatural, cyco, n house n garden in friends rooms

I came back to the g.o. with bio bud in coco but was thinking of going back to fn to pull that extra lil bit of weight.

<<<< This coco bro?
Respect...

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I get a the bales for 9$ n add perlite, saves a lil $ in the long run. But thats been the best coco ive used out of botanicare, gen. hydro, cyco, harvest moon, and canna. Canna worked just as well.

Good to know bro. thanks for that.. i have been a full fledged canna user for years now. wanted to try a amended canna and blk gold mix. might have to see what this nutrifield is about now..
Respect..

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Good to knPh bro. thanks for that.. i have been a full fledged canna user for years now. wanted to try a amended canna and blk gold mix. might have to see what this nutrifield is about now..
Respect..

I learned recerculting hydro in rock wool right off the bat so when I switched over to Coco I tried every product that there was at the grow store and drew my own conclusion.

I would say its the same as canna but you'll save a lil $. Im all nutrifield bales with perlite blended inside n outdoor. I just got the keys to my buddies 28 light shop (for a generous cut of course) n the first 2 things I bought were clones n 6 bales of nutrifield.. I dont know about their nutes yet

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey bro. Very familiar with go. Used it many moons ago but never in Coco. Not ready to give up yet things are going good but if I end up not liking the results this time I may just give the go box another shot. Thanks for the wisdom. Really like what nature's nectar is doing in amended promix so my fingers are crossed. However earlier I said I was going to also try small amounts of h&g but I have changed my mind. I was given a bunch of rx solutions three part sometime ago and think this is the perfect time to try it. It isn't considered organic but after checking the ingredients it's got major organic additives and I believe the bennies will enjoy it. Lol. One can only hope. Thanks for the advice though. Love the farm. For the record ur question on humic is almost impossible to answer. Well without knowing the strain and what ur feeding it us anyway. I'd say u really have to read the girls bro. I've had some plants like ogs that I didn't lower my nutes at all and the humic/fulvic didn't hurt. But on the flip side I've had plants that took less than half strength nutes after adding the same product. Generally I'd say u will be able to lower nutes by some amount when using h/f acid. Sorry that's kind of vague but it's really plant depending ya know. Good luck.

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Hey bro. Very familiar with go. Used it many moons ago but never in Coco. Not ready to give up yet things are going good but if I end up not liking the results this time I may just give the go box another shot. Thanks for the wisdom. Really like what nature's nectar is doing in amended promix so my fingers are crossed. However earlier I said I was going to also try small amounts of h&g but I have changed my mind. I was given a bunch of rx solutions three part sometime ago and think this is the perfect time to try it. It isn't considered organic but after checking the ingredients it's got major organic additives and I believe the bennies will enjoy it. Lol. One can only hope. Thanks for the advice though. Love the farm. For the record ur question on humic is almost impossible to answer. Well without knowing the strain and what ur feeding it us anyway. I'd say u really have to read the girls bro. I've had some plants like ogs that I didn't lower my nutes at all and the humic/fulvic didn't hurt. But on the flip side I've had plants that took less than half strength nutes after adding the same product. Generally I'd say u will be able to lower nutes by some amount when using h/f acid. Sorry that's kind of vague but it's really plant depending ya know. Good luck.

Haha its not like im having issues, just was wondering if there was a way I could save on nutes that much more by lowering ppm's. I hit them daily with a 500-700 ppm batch of bio thruve n bio bud. Ill post pics of some finished cherry pie, pitbull, dirty girl, blue dream x secret recipe, n what ever else is on the trim table next week.

Going to be doing some side by side tests with the g.o. n tga soil on pure purple Afghan in a week.

Have you got dark cherry o.g.? I go to a clone shop in Seattle weekly n I snagged it, it is allegedly from k.w. estes garden and I just threw it in with that pure purple Afghan.

Top Bottom