American Weed on Natgeo

• Thread starter Tripsick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tripsick

Tripsick

I missed the first half but luckily they play shit over and over so at 11 it will be on again.

It has some typical growers and some guy from Ft Collins that hates weed and wants the dispensaries gone.. He is a propaganda freak and really shouldnt be allowed outside with out a guardian he is very Simple.

Same old shit it looks like i assume there will be some Drama any time now.

F

fuzzy

Yeah ive been watching it also.I didnt know that you cant grow outside in Colo.That cop on there said that it had to be an indoor grow, didnt he?I was just wondering.peace,fuzzy

Tripsick

Tripsick

i missed that part ill have to rewatch. I know a few people that grow in their backyards and i think one of the mods here does as well.

F

fuzzy

Yeah, thats what i thought.Thats why i asked.Maybe he or i got it wrong.He might of said, out of sight, but i sure thought he said indoors only?Ill watch it again with you later,lol. peace,fuzzy

C

canaguy27

iirc Josh Stanley's brother is featured on that show. f*ck those guys. ill have to catch it online bc for some reason I don't get Natgeo

Tripsick

Tripsick

thats dudes wife seems bitchy.. Sure it helps his pain but hes not all there.. WTF he should have some tolerance by now. Im sure they have other issues.

Tripsick

Tripsick

So i just seen the cop talking to him about his Open pot plants next to a walk way the kids pass on the way to school. So of course the kids are going to rip it. and like kids they took leafs and got caught at school with them.

But as long as it out of site and not next to a public path you can grow outside.

Common sense is not so common

Then they guy has multiple grows outside and inside and gets arrested.

Another show that isnt good for the movement. Natgeo is a propaganda machine for the Right.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
oh shut up you all where just waiting for that old ladys dispensary to get shut down so she can go back to modeling so you guys can hire her lol the show was weak

F

fuzzy

Oooooo Weeeeee, she Was Hot!,lol.I think she better stick to selling weed,lol.Wow, did you see her up close.I think she had scene better days,peace,fuzzy

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Oooooo Weeeeee, she Was Hot!,lol.I think she better stick to selling weed,lol.Wow, did you see her up close.I think she had scene better days,peace,fuzzy

thois was the 21,000th post in the colorado forum btw

ttystikk

ttystikk

And for my own 1000th post, I'm a Ft. Collins native and I think what NatGeo has done is provide a show where all sides are heard. I think it was extremely fair minded, certainly up to the usual standards of their work.

Of course we're not going to agree with what the prohibitionists have to say- if we're here, we've pretty much chosen sides, right?! LOL

On the other hand, while the show did give air to the Right's hardcore antidrug message, it also provided many positive examples of the benefits of legal mmj- and pointed out that if it's regulated out of its right to exist, those who've always done it in the shadows will simply continue to.

With luck, documentaries like these can help lead to understanding bridging the concerns of both sides of this issue and help point towards a rational way forward... and if not National Geographic, then who? Show your support; suscribe to their magazine!

gisisi

gisisi

while the show did give air to the Right's hardcore antidrug message

I don't know what the Right has to do with it. Where is the Left standing up for individual liberty?

Reactions: mal
ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't know what the Right has to do with it. Where is the Left standing up for individual liberty?

The right side of the political spectrum has been by far the most virulently anti-drug, including but not limited to the current crop of candidates. I'm just calling them as they've laid out their own positions.

The liberal side of the political spectrum has historically been much less coherent in its messages, and often works against its own larger best interests- but if it gets riled up enough, there is plenty of strength in their numbers!

I think that, if you want examples of the Left standing up for individual rights, you need look no further than the Americal Civil Liberties Union, or the ACLU. Those people do thankless, anonymous work that nonetheless holds the line against extremism that tramples those individual rights.

So the real question, gisisi, is what are YOU standing up for? Citizenship, as exemplified by the actions of that one man's (successful!) campaign to outlaw dispensaries on the show tonight, is not a spectator sport! You don't get to say you're really participating if all you do is show up- maybe- to vote. Talk is cheap. Intelligent, thoughtful, leveraged action, now THAT'S the stuff that moves mountains!

S

Seed Buyer

I do not reside in CO and have never been in a dispensary. However after watching last nights show and seeing the inner workings of them there is no way I ever would. The weed all looked like beasters and the shop run by the biker and his delusional wife appeared as if they were operating out of their kitchen pantry. The brothers seemed as if they were flying by the seat of their pants in the greenhouse not really knowing what they were doing. They should just contract the growing out.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

i wanted to punch the dude on the corner soliciting the 300 bs square in the face. how the fuck he figures that people are gonna buy from dispensaries at top dollar and try to make a profit on the street, smh. hes a dumb piece of shit and hasent done his homework like the nurse lady said.

the 2 bros, they talk a good one but they dont want it, lol. nah they talk patient patient patient but if those were their intentions then they would be doing more, what, i cant call it but somethings missing imo.

Unit541

Unit541

I loved the little side bar...

"An ounce of Medical Marijuana in Colorado costs an average of $350".

Maybe... if the whole zip is sold by the half-gram...

Fortunately for the audience, the most valid, logical points were brought up by the woman and young kid that stopped to talk to the question 300 guy... what's his name? Scooner? Liked how the camera captured and portrayed his discomfort when confronted by common sense.

Guys like him, simply don't understand that no matter what legislation passes, none of it is going to affect the volume of Marijuana in Ft. Collins, or anywhere for that matter. Only the people profiting change. Hell, a lot of farmers here, would rather enjoy a dispensary-less MMJ model here in CO. I know I would.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You can grow outdoors here in Colorado. i do every year and kill it...the problem for actual bonafied despensaries is it is pretty much impossible to satisfy all the MMED's requirements for security, controlled access, and survailance in an outdoor setup, it would have to be one trick ass secure greenhouse and even then the state is x it out..

Since all the Ft Collins despensaries are gone now, seems kinda moot..

Tex

Reactions: mal
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

there is no such thing as bad advertisement(ask kim kardashian!),any show they make brings it more into the mainstream.Cracks me up the shows all take the stoner angle to the extreme though,if everyone who burns came out of the closet i think you would see a SHITLOAD of regular americans are the biggest demographic but they are scared of what others think.I burn all the time with the mayor of a local city,hes smoked his whole life yet routinely votes against dispensaries,says its political suicide to do anything else,also have a friend who just retired from being a cop for the last 30 years,the last 10 as a homicide detective,what do you think was the first thing he did?Rented a cabin in big bear for two weeks and bought a quarter pound ,LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom