American Weed on Natgeo

• Thread starter Tripsick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Overall think the show was pretty lame and who's running shit there if all of a sudden you barely notice you only have 1 Bubba kush! All staged for the cameras and more about Ft.Collins then some brothers growing weed.Let's see how many episodes it last,4or 5 max is my guess

ttystikk

ttystikk

yep, Wednesday nights- got that set on the DVR. Of course we know how it ends (though I bumped into a kid in town who was shocked to hear that the ban had passed- he hadn't bothered to look it up, he was just a fan of the show!), but I hope this lights enough of a fire under enough asses that we go vote for this thing come November. I am tired of having to choose between lame and busted to run the country, but I'm stoked to vote for my weed, brah!

Tripsick

Tripsick

lol i hate both sides of this show the Ex Mayor more but they both suck.. I guess that's what they want.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Who the fuck is Alex.. that kid is a fucking moron... lol Angry Pot head

Tripsick

Tripsick

lol the only reason i continue to watch is im so hoping for the ending credits to say.

In Memory of Ray Martinez or that other douche Exec Director for the Ban
Maybe they could have a small accident on that motorcycle and leave them needing mmj.

ttystikk

ttystikk

lol i hate both sides of this show the Ex Mayor more but they both suck.. I guess that's what they want.

No, I don't want this, and I voted! This is the latest in a long line of stupid, shortsighted and generally idiotic moves on the part of what passes for a conservative movement in this town. Shit, they wanted pot to be better controlled, so they force all the carefully regulated parts of the industry to close! Brilliant! Is that how they balance the budget too?

ttystikk

ttystikk

lol the only reason i continue to watch is im so hoping for the ending credits to say.

In Memory of Ray Martinez or that other douche Exec Director for the Ban
Maybe they could have a small accident on that motorcycle and leave them needing mmj.

No way, man- that's not cool. I'm no fan of Mr. Martinez, to say nothing of others in his old profession, but I don't wish them ill. I want them healthy so they can give their opinions a full airing- and lose anyway. That's the only way bad ideas are finally discredited, by bringing those ideas out into the light of day where they can be examined and their flaws exposed. Martyring them is a bad, bad idea... people might think they were right and it's a lot tougher to discredit a ghost, wrongheaded or not.

Tripsick

Tripsick

You have to wonder why they would go through so many growers.

I mean in the corporate world most people show up just to keep collecting a pay check. Do these guys not pay?
i hear that happens a lot ... end up getting paid in weed and shit like that.
or even when its get paid by the day its all ill have money next month..

I hope they show more of that story..

And whats up with Bob.. getting busted for too many plants... Where is medical nessicity

Tripsick

Tripsick

taking lights and ballast and sitting plants on the floor is 100s of k worth of damage

Why wouldnt you upload all your footage to an offsite location.... these guys need help

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Everyone I know who is in this business says this show makes the Colorado MMJ Scene look completely moronic to the rest of the world, and as an added bonus, is adding fuel to Law Enforcement Fire by making the cops thinks they are doing the right thing by busting the idiots, any chance they get. You knw the DEA has Tivo, too, right? We need this show to go off the air before it does anymore harm! And, BTW, I refuse to watch it.... maybe when it comes on Netflix, or Amazon Prime.......

ttystikk

ttystikk

Everyone I know who is in this business says this show makes the Colorado MMJ Scene look completely moronic to the rest of the world, and as an added bonus, is adding fuel to Law Enforcement Fire by making the cops thinks they are doing the right thing by busting the idiots, any chance they get. You knw the DEA has Tivo, too, right? We need this show to go off the air before it does anymore harm! And, BTW, I refuse to watch it.... maybe when it comes on Netflix, or Amazon Prime.......

Maybe what the local scene needs is more bad publicity. Too many morons jumping into this game without knowing anything or contributing anything.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I love the way the shows only portrays idiots doing home grows.
That police officer looks like he has to read the book every arrest to make sure they are not compliant.
When are they gonna show a competent home grower on the show ?

eyecandi

eyecandi

of course they are only going to show the BS and drama, it's a TV show. look at what Gemma and her stoopid ass did with MTV (or was it VH1 .... who cares) and her Buddah Bars company .... talk about making an industry look BAD. it's all about drama and ratings, they could really care less about any 'real' story ... seriously ... I spent a lot of time talking to the cameraman covering Gemma last year.

ttystikk

ttystikk

of course they are only going to show the BS and drama, it's a TV show. look at what Gemma and her stoopid ass did with MTV (or was it VH1 .... who cares) and her Buddah Bars company .... talk about making an industry look BAD. it's all about drama and ratings, they could really care less about any 'real' story ... seriously ... I spent a lot of time talking to the cameraman covering Gemma last year.

From your lips to the network exec's ears, brother- the truth is out there, but it's not on the news!

By the way, I'm old enough to be a grandfather myself, and I still love Dr. Seuss!

I will not eat them in a box!
I will not eat them with a fox!
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-Am!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I love the way the shows only portrays idiots doing home grows.
That police officer looks like he has to read the book every arrest to make sure they are not compliant.
When are they gonna show a competent home grower on the show ?

Because the competent ones know better than to invite a camera crew into their home and film their federal crime in progress, buddy~ it's already happened, not long ago, and not far away. Poor fool with a compliant grow in Colorado showed it off on the evening news, and his ass is now in Club Fed for a 5 year hitch. Seriously.

This is how our federal government works; ignore the people, trample their rights until forced by mass protest and demonstration to back off, and suppress any evidence that what they do is wrong. Golly Martha, I wonder why no one trusts the Feds anymore?

aldus

aldus

As someone from a non med state looking in sometimes it makes it angry and sometimes it gives me hope.

It makes me angry that some people are fulfilling the typical retarded stoner stereotype and getting attention on a national level for it. That Gemma girl from the original natgeo show being a prime example. How that girl functions in the real world is beyond me. The Stanleys look at least semi competent from what I can see, not sure how legit they are on helping people, but I don't see them actively hurting the medical movement.

Gives me hope to see that one day the political tide can and will turn in our favor. I am in my early 20s can actually see changes slowly happening, I can't imagine all the effort it took in the years before I was even around to get the pro- cannabis message out.

Top Bottom