An easy treatment for spidermites.

• Thread starter Fearless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

wow this is deep LoL
EPA.gov has it all
and the white sheets to give research on most of what is used and or banned in each area .

Sustainable Futures / P2 Framework Manual 2012 EPA-748-B12-001
Appendix D. Chemicals and Systemic Effects

but this is all good stuff
I think I will stick with my hot sauces all mixed up it is straight up great for plants and what you dont use up can be put in the miss pepper spray kit. lol yes pepper spray home made to kill spider mites Organic 100%

Its all good Much love farmers
by sharing we all stay informed
FlyJ

way2green

way2green

I thought vinegar would hurt leaves that had bites. Am I jumping the gun?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

How to kill spider mites in two weeks.
IMHO this is the best place for the issue of spider mites the answers to all are right here on this thread

Here is my recipe

1 full pound Fresh Habaneros cut in half’s and placed in 1 gallon of distilled water

seep the Fresh Habaneros for 6 hrs on stove then strain into a 1gallon jug

As a new-B what I say will be taken with a grain of whatever but I do know one way to rid the grow room and beloved crop of nasty little spider mites. This is not for big outfits and it is not done in one fell swoop. You must be patient and consistent with the application to totally rid the room. I sure some will laugh and some will down right say I’m wrong….This works for me If you find a way that works for you, then you are set. Here is my Mite cure.

Start at the base of plant and get every leaf from bottom then start over and do the tops of the leaf be ever mindful this shit is strong and will put you on your butt if you get it in the eye or lips skin hell it will be in the air for a bit and you will cough. ******Warning THIS IS PURE PEPPER SPRAY*********

Do not Boil

the stove must be set just below the boiling point or you will separate the molecules of the pepper plant what you are making is basically pepper spray this is all organic.

Use a spray bottle and foliate

WILL DO NO HARM TO THE PLANT

They LOVE IT

4 days use at full strength.

2 days 50%

Then once a week 10%

****At 100% you must Be CARFULL******

You can store in the refrigerator just label well will keep for up to 3 mths and if you want too reuse the leftovers in a second seeping and use as a backup on the once a week spray this too is a great plan.

Again this is what I have found to work for me.THIS WORKS

way2green

way2green

Will this work for white flies and how often do u apply? I have garden full of these hot bastards that i am gonna pickle.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Will this work for white flies and how often do u apply? I have garden full of these hot bastards that i am gonna pickle.
4 days use at full strength.

2 days 50%

Then once a week 10%
should work bro
FlyJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see many people having trouble with spider mite. I get them every crop during the spring and summer months and they are very easy to get rid of or prevent simply by 2 pre-emptive applications of the pesticide bifenthrin 7 days apart to break the cycle of any potential eggs that have been laid.
You're using this indoors only, right? I still can't approve of this sort of thing, but that's based on my own personal biases.
Bifenthrin is systemic....
And highly toxic if released into the environment, and especially so to aquatic organisms. And, it's persistent! However, according to the links I provide below, it is not translocated within plant tissues, i.e. non-systemic.
A lot of permythrin is used in ag chemicals if they are used in aerosols or any other application that crop dusters use. It is all from the ythrin family of derivatives. Most especially in mosquito sprays. It is usually disguised by the smell of some form of citric acid. I guess I am lucky that mites and white flies are still disgusted by neem oil.
It's a pyrethroid, meaning that it's a synthesized form of pyrethrins. It's highly toxic to invertebrates, especially bees. And we wonder why we're losing bees.

Luckily I’ve never had the critters. But know people that make combos of many systemic miticides because some mites are becoming resistant. They spray on outdoor plants which is crazy because natural predators is a far better option. Steer clear I say.
Those people are making the problem WORSE!
the use of broad spectrum systemic sprays is standard practice in agriculture.
In conventional agriculture, not organic.

http://npic.orst.edu/ingred/bifenthrin.html
http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/biftech.html#chem

Oh, awesome, it's an endocrine disruptor! We need more of those! Should I trot out the carcinogenic effects...?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
mite eater i found yesterday :)
Bug724

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Awsome. U r the growers handbook

hey for sure look into what Seamaiden posts she is and dose know about non hazard est environmental pest controls or where to link to great answers.
Check it out. good luck with your fruit trees.
flyJ

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

just looked up the half-life of bifethrin up for you all fellow farmers

bifethrin has an aqueous photolysis half life (what ever that means) of 276 - 416 days, 12-16 months in soil at 68f and 25-65 months in soil at 39f in anaerobic conditions.

not safe..

AfricanHaze

AfricanHaze

Any info on the others? :writing:
I’m looking at my bottle of mite spray now.
It’s a semitransparent pale yellow color that smells the same as my girlfriends rubber dildo. Just says miticide for the active ingredient. :cyclops::cyclops:

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

R u calling me out PC? Lets meet behind the Piggly Wiggly and settle this. I will have my posse. Haha. I am still having trouble finding the info I am looking for.

Whether a chemical is systemic or not is dependent on the chemical itself and the biological interaction between the chemical and the organism. As far as I'm aware, carrier makes no difference.

way2green

way2green

Yeh, probably so. I know in a lot of Southern states permethryn is legal as a pestacide or insectacide in a water base. "Aquamist" which is a Clarke chemical. However, it is completely illegal in an oil base. "Titan 2% or 4%" Dierra chemical.

Top Bottom