And so it begins, my first LED grow with DIY cabinet.

• Thread starter Dr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.X

Dr.X

Thanks Ken! Is good to see people interested in the grow :)

Here is a better update of what is going on in the cabinet.

I named the plants so you can see which of them ended up accepting the grafted branch.

Jack, both are grafted.
Heri, only one is grafted.
Santa Maria, only one has one branch grafted but it is still week and I'm not sure if its gonna make it.
BCGB, only one has one branch grafted but it is still week..most probably this one will be ok.
DR. Grinspoon, only one has accepted the grafted branch but it is still week.. most probably this one will be ok.
Santa Maria, only one has one branch grafted but it is still week and I'm not sure if its gonna make it. Regarding SM#1, one day all branches started to die and I checked and notice that the plant had a fungus growing in the main branch... I immediately cut the main branch and left one that seems non affected since the fungus was above this branch I hoped for the best. She is doing much better now (I also took a cone just to be sure)

I gave away 2 clones, and now I have 3 clones that I may keep them, and today I put 2 more into soil.

DSC019102
DSC019162
DSC01918

Dr.X

Dr.X

Little update..

On the veg side, I got two grafted mothers ready and 2 others on the way.
On the flowering side, I still have them on 24hrs but I will switch to 12h in about a week.

DSC01920
DSC01924
DSC01932
DSC01938
DSC01940

Dr.X

Dr.X

Pictures from yesterday..
LED for veg room is back in place and I also added 2 more extractor fans, I managed to get temps down from 32C to 25C

After almost 1 month in 12hrs, Dr. Grinspoon is the only plant that has not yet started to flower.. I believe this one can easily take 16 weeks to being ready.

Lights off
20140104 151109

Killing Fields is the most beautiful one!:cool:

20140104 151147

DSC01968

DSC01971
DSC01976
DSC01985
DSC01987

Dr.X

Dr.X

I'm going on vacations on Wednesday this week, for about 2 weeks :D
Well, I had to build a watering system to take care of my plants during my absence.

Here are a few pictures from today's work

DSC02013
DSC02018
DSC02019
DSC02024
DSC02025
DSC02026
DSC02027
DSC02029
DSC02033

Dr.X

Dr.X

After 2 weeks on vacation, getting back to my place and founding that the "'On the last minute watering system improvisation" worked as planned, is priceless!!

Im really happy and looking forward to cut down Killing fields / Herijuana / BC God Bud in the following 2-3 weeks

For the next grow I'll increase the nutrient dose, I believe I went to light on this ladies.

DSC02036
DSC02037
DSC02044
DSC02045
DSC02046
DSC02079

Dr.X

Dr.X

I've been away for a while..

Here are the updates,

Few problems with mold, Jack Herer, BCGB and Herijuana were affected with mold (I know is my fault for not having fans that move air inside the cab :grumpy:). The good news is that I noticed this on time and no mayor yield was lost.

Heijuana, BCGB, Killing Fields and Santa Maria were harvested. Ive tried Killing Fields and a couple of samples of BCGB and Jack (early samples) and they are all good smoke.

Now in the flowering room I have a big Killing fields (first week from switching 12h). Jack and Dr Grinspoon are still going.

IMG 20140217 WA0000

HERIJUANA

DSC02087

DSC02088

BCGB in the front and HERIJUANA in the back

DSC02094

DSC02101
DSC02104
DSC02105

How my grow is now. (Back left Dr Grinspoon, Back right Santa Maria cut, Front left Jack and the biggest one is Killing Fields)

DSC02111
DSC02112

Dr.X

Dr.X

The latest,

If you want a LED review from this company, here it is..
Great customer support, they always help somehow when problems come.
the downside is that.. most probable scenario is that problems will come, and not after a long time..

I have 3 lights, 2 have fail..
I have repaired all with parts they send me, but sadly I have to wait for this spare clusters to arrive and during this grow I had to use a veg light that is also half wattage than the flowering one... meanwhile the new clusters arrive..

Few days ago I changed the clusters of this veg light for the ones for flower but it is too late, plants will not yield much and also is a more leafy plant comparing her with the first grow.

But hell, it will be a nice smoke anyways just not so much yield..

DSC02162
DSC02168
DSC02169
DSC02178

Dr.X

Dr.X

Having tried all the strains now I need new variety to smoke.. so 2 days ago I started germinating 2 seeds of Kens Grand Daddy Purple in paper towel, both showed root so today I put them in soils :happy:

Dr.X

Dr.X

Man, grafting has proven to be really difficult to me :( I succeeded with only 2 strains.. Of course I will keep trying and planning to have more success :cool:
I'll keep you posted

Dr.X

Dr.X

Its been a long time since my last update... I've been very busy at work.. but killing fields is gone through my lungs already hahaha
Well, I grew 2 BCGB clones and 1 Sannies Jack. The result was good, Jack yielded only 40grams.. very nice high and a citrus smell, quite nice.
On the other side, both BCGB I believe, will yield much more, even though I had a few difficulties finding the right feeding schedule.This one really eats a lot.

In the veg room I have all the mothers and the clones that will be going In the other room very soon to keep them on 18hrs.
I have 2 clones of Grand Daddy Purple, 2 clones of Heri (#1 and 2#) and 2 clones of Santa Maria (#1 and #2)

Here are some pictures

20140729 213410
20140729 213518
20140731 200750
20140731 200809
DSC02413

Dr.X

Dr.X

Yes Dunge, it is really cotton white, not a good nor bad thing. This happens when light intensity is too high (according google haha). I believe is not the intensity of the of the grow light but the intensity of some wave lengths of the spectrum.. I would have to experiment whit different combinations of wave lengths but for that, I would need a big place and also, that growing plants here in Chile become legal hahaha (maybe in a few years:cool:) .
This happened because the plants grew taller than expected and they ended like 5 inches from the grow light.

In my experience, I cant tell any difference between a normal bud and the white one, they just keep growing the same way (and it taste the same also)

Now Im going to smoke some cotton white BCGB :cigar::dead:..

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Awesome thread Doc. that diy cabinet is serving you well!
I had some bleaching on my last run too. Same prob... leds, low ceiling too much stretch. But I agree, taste is the same.
keep up the great gardening!

Dr.X

Dr.X

Thanks Irish and BB for you comments! Irish, your picture with the indica leaf resembles tha Canadian flag eh? hahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom