Another filter/fan question

• Thread starter mrbong73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrbong73

Hey Farmers,
I'm in the planning stages for a new tent and am looking for some feedback on my exhaust fan and carbon scrubber idea.
I am thinking about a 5x5 DR150 with a 1k open hood light.
I would like to hang a Phresh filter 6"x24" (550cfm) inside the tent and have it ducted to a Max Fan 8" (667cfm) with a speed controller.
I would have it reduce to 6" duct on the intake side to fit through the tent opening. (edit: The fan would be outside the tent hanging in the rafters.)
I would then run full 8" off the fan and through a seperating wall.
The Max Fan site says the 8" will be closer to 520 cfm with a filter and 25' of duct.
Does this set up sound doable?
I am concerned with heat buildup inside the tent and this would change the air like 3 times per minute.
I will probably have a passive, ducted intake pulling outside air.

S

smalltime99

You could always use a 8" booster fan to help move the air a little more.

P

Paul Nepal

Should work fine, the speed controller is not good if you are looking for a long life span on the fan

M

MTM

I used a speedster until it did not cut on twice and got my room way to hot,It had trouble kicking the fan on when it was turned all the way down.Im useing the phresh 6x24 and Ive only had it two weeks but it sure stopped my oder from spreadin all over the two story house.Its really working for me and they are really light compared to most filters,about half as heavy as can filters

M

MTM

Correct me if Im wrong but Im keeping my fan cfms lower than what my filter recommends.The phresh 6x24 recommends a 550 max cfms on the fan,Im running a 440cfm fan on the phresh fiter.You will have too many cfms,I dont know if thats lets your filter work right..Thats how Ive been told to set my filters up.I may be wrong

M

mrbong73

you're right MTM the fan should not be more than the filter from what I've read.
But with the filter and duct the fan would be around 520 or so.
Is boarderline too much better than boarderline too little?

P

Pandaman

I use a closed circuit on my tent strictly for the "Closed Canopy" light and run a booster for exhaust. Temps in Los Angeles with no AC stay in the low to middle 80's. May be another option for you... You certainly have the good/big equipment :)

Peace,
Panda

M

mrbong73

Does anyone see a problem running the 8" fan with the 6"x24" filter.
The cfms will be close. I could put a volume damper in to choke down flow a little.
Or should i just do a 6" fan?

Top Bottom