• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
http://www.alternet.org/how-denialism-caused-one-health-catastrophe-and-how-it-can-cause-others

Interesting article.

Im pro-vaccines and the article pretty much highlights why.

I remember the outbreak of whooping coff too cause i posted an article on that on another forum.

I don't see these incidences as coincidences or due to a lack of healthy eating habits..

I also don't see a logical reasoning behind not vaccinating other then the few arguments that vaccines COULD cause problems.. Well driving a car could kill you...But you still risk it when you drive no? The same risks can be mitigated with vaccines and infact they are, Example those with egg allergies can now opt for shots grown from dog kidney cells..

Ive read the 1 study report on autism being caused by vaccines but thats only 1 study.. I think past history has proven vaccines and the benefits outweigh the risks.

And im not talking flu shots thats another thread.. We can debate all vaccines in this thread :D

But do read the article please before you comment.. :D

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Denialists just want a conspiracy to rail against. No real logic to it and not much point in engaging in conversation with them as they've already made up their minds irrespective of what evidence exists to say otherwise. Same as the climate debate. We're an intelligent species but sometimes I wonder...

Ive read the 1 study report on autism being caused by vaccines but thats only 1 study..

If it's the study I'm thinking of, it has been totally and irrevocably debunked and called out as being fraudulent. The lead sicentist was called out for BS, proven to have had conflicting interests with the research, and lied about the results. This resulted in him being stripped of his title as doctor. This is not some big pharma conspiracy, this is the scientific community self-regulating the publiction of material which is inaccurate.

There's a Wikipedia article on the regretful saga which has left a legacy of confused and unjustly paranoid denialists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

Anyone who still believes and perpetuates the vaccine-autism myth has a barrow to push and is only doing harm.

Tuku

Tuku

Spot on @LittleDabbie and @GoldiNugs. Like all medical treatments, vaccines confer some risks, but they are either generally low or exceptionally rare. For serious diseases, those at risk are fools not to vaccinate. Would love to see how the denialists react if ebola were to sweep though their area and there was a vaccine available. :D

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Well, I have already given my opinion in your other thread, so won't do it again here. I will post that same infographic though, as it's really worth the repost IMO.

C6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161

M

Max Stone

Here is a list of some common ingredients in some vaccines...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

Common substances found in vaccines include:

• Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.
    See also: "Aluminum in Vaccines: What you should know [2 pages]" Also available in Spanish [2 pages]
  • Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine. No vaccine produced in the United States contains penicillin.
  • Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.
  • Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.
  • Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.
  • Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria.
For children with a prior history of allergic reactions to any of these substances in vaccines, parents should consult their child’s healthcare provider before vaccination.

Reaper

Reaper

Whooping Cough Now Epidemic in California
June 24, 2010
By JOHN GEVER
MedPage Today Senior Editor

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Coldan...ornia-lax-vaccination-blame/story?id=11000305

An Argument between A Jenny McCarthy Follower / Activist (Sheeple) & Third Year Undergraduate Chemistry Major...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astr...thy_responds_to_claims_she_s_not_antivax.html

"With that said, Mr. Third Year Undergraduate Chemistry Major, Please explain to me, how in the hell are unvaccinated children putting vaccinated children at risk? Looks like you are practicing your "God given right to remain as ignorant as you wish"!?! I love how you start off by trying to sell yourself to your audience, and then you try to justify your personal beliefs with your education. This is a prime example of how uneducated most educated people really are. If you want to justify your personal beliefs with your education, get educated on BOTH sides. This is where I puncture your "evidence-proof bubble", because it isn't as resistant as you seem think it is."

The Reply: (rather simple & to the point ;))
I might be more inclined to actually believe you if you had the mental capacity to back up your claims. I'm going to be frank: It is because of people like you that diseases such as mumps, measles, and pertussis are making a reappearance. So I'm just going to address your claims one by one.

Actually, unvaccinated children put the community at whole at risk. There is a principle called herd immunity, and it states that when a critical amount of the population is vaccinated, the community as a whole can develop an immunity to a disease. There are many individuals that simply cannot be vaccinated: pregnant women, infants, those undergoing chemotherapy, some people with autoimmune disorders, and the elderly. These individuals are protected by a vaccinated community: the more people that are vaccinated, the less hosts a virus has the ability to multiply within and spread through. Therefore, there is much less of a chance of a virus spreading through a population and infecting those who cannot develop immunity through vaccinations. So yes, unvaccinated children do put people at risk.
I'm not saying that vaccination should be forced against personal beliefs, but a community mindset rather than just an individual mindset needs to be applied to the issue.

So please, get educated on both sides. This kind of resistance against vaccines and self-centered thinking is what is causing outbreaks of measles and pertussis in 1st world countries such as the United States. So you decide: would you rather vaccinate a child or try and treat a case of measles that could permanently damage their health or another's forever?

One, vaccines are not a fraud. Jenner's vaccine, while it did violate modern ethics principles, was entirely successful. Vaccines are named because of the "vaccus" root related to cows. James Phipps, the young boy, was successfully inoculated against smallpox. This is where vaccines started. They wouldn't have taken off if they weren't successful.

Your second contention is also entirely inaccurate. Vaccines eradicated smallpox, to start. Are you familiar with the procedure? WHO workers created a herd of immunity that surrounded an outbreak or infected person(s), and quarantined it. Eventually, the virus dies out in the area, moving closer towards total eradication. In simpler words: person gets sick. They make sure people around don't get sick. The sick goes away. Vaccines have also helped to eliminate diseases in first world countries such as polio, mumps, measles, and pertussis. Unless, of course, you'd like to catch polio, then be my guest.

Vaccines are by no means a "junk science". While there is a market for vaccines, this is due to the fact that they are necessary. Vaccines have proven themselves time and time again. As I previously stated, smallpox was eliminated through ring vaccination.

Finally, to your sources. First, it is never wise to only present one source for a claim. The one source is likely biased, so it is imperative that a wide range of sources are presented to support your claim. You do not do this. You provide three articles from a conspiracy theory website that is not likely credible at all. To directly address your second source, this graph is a clever play on people's lack of knowledge. It graphs the mortality rate: what percent of cases result in death. Vaccination prevents a person from contracting a disease, not like an antibiotic to treat it. Thus, the mortality rate of a disease will not change no matter who you vaccinate. A more appropriate graph that does not support your claim would be one that shows the average number of cases in relation to year in the world. Due to a lack of true evidence, this graph relies on people's lack of knowledge and confirmation bias.

So please. Stop spreading these things. Through this, you are putting children, communities, nations at risk. Or at the very least, find some actual sources. Also, don't get me started on the multitude of logical fallacies you've committed.

THE CHILDREN WHO AREN'T VACCINATED AND DEVELOP THE DISEASE OPEN UP THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE ILLNESS TO MUTATE AND DEVELOP IMMUNITY AGAINST OUR VACCINES IF THEY HAPPEN TO SURVIVE AND REPRODUCE. EVER HEARD OF NATURAL SELECTION? OR OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T TAKE A FULL COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS?... SAME LOGIC.

BY NOT COMPLETELY ERADICATING THE ILLNESS YOU ARE PUTTING EVERYONE AT RISK OF A POSSIBLE MUTATION IMMUNE TO OUR VACCINES. THAT MEANS THAT EVERYONE WHO WAS ALREADY VACCINATED COULD POTENTIALLY FALL ILL FROM THE MUTATION RESISTANT TO OUR VACCINES BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? THE MUTATION MEANS THAT THE CHILDREN WHO WERE ALREADY VACCINATED ARE AT RISK BECAUSE THE VACCINE IS NO LONGER SUFFICIENT.

Gonna end this with a quote taken directly from you; "Wow! Looks like you are practicing your "God given right to remain as ignorant as you wish!?!"

M

Max Stone

Kinda makes ya wonder what the hell is going on...one more reason not to be poked with a needle.

“This is not collective hysteria or manipulation. If you see your daughter have these symptoms after a vaccination, what else would you blame?” asked Maria Veronica Romera, the mother of a weakened 13-year-old. - See more at:

Please see link above for full article.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Read the article and i only see 2 countries affected.... not 100 not even 10.. 2... 2 countries.. one of which is a 3rd world country... Something seems a little fishy sure.. Perhaps a bad batch, look at the tainted steroid injections that went out and killed how many people?

Shit happens.. But unless you got a story that links anything to the US and people IN the us... its hype..

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Think ive posted on this subject before. No . ill pass . That being said i will put my money on me . Build my ammune system back up with good food and supplements. and i keep my ph about 8. last checked. I know alot of people want to do the right thing for thier plants but when it comes to themselves thier survival instincty just isnt there ! If your ph is 4-5 your sick anyway .lol. Just load up on more chemicals then . Righty O.................................................ah , fun with eugenics. Why even worry at that point. Just die. Fuck you Bill gates you worthless fucking killer ! Fuck you t.v.. Glad im of that trip. The u.s. is goverment propaganda central baby . Jeeze. Every fucking show tries to program you with thier fascist bulshit . Their little recruitment movies and shit even take even farther . Their take on shit just isnt my reality ! Pavlovs dog im not ....

Last edited:
M

Max Stone

Read the article and i only see 2 countries affected.... not 100 not even 10.. 2... 2 countries.. one of which is a 3rd world country... Something seems a little fishy sure.. Perhaps a bad batch, look at the tainted steroid injections that went out and killed how many people?

Shit happens.. But unless you got a story that links anything to the US and people IN the us... its hype..

Yeah and Ebola is only in Africa...well until it hits our shores...point is if it can happen there, it can happen here.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah and Ebola is only in Africa...well until it hits our shores...point is if it can happen there, it can happen here.

And if theres a vaccine that could protect us against ebola you would be against using it?

J

juggo

hmmmmm....
The presence of latex allergens in vaccines is due to leaching into the fluids from syringe tip caps, plungers and multi-dose vial stoppers. Information can normally be found about which specific vaccines have latex in the packaging, but this is not dependable as manufacturers often change rubber stoppers, etc .
thimerosal (mercury preservative) tends to settle in the vial. If it is not shaken up before being drawn, the first dose will contain low concentrations of mercury and the last dose will contain enormously high concentrations. If your baby is the unlucky one that gets the last dose, serious brain injury can result

Vaccines may contain foreign DNA from insect cells, yeast, mouse brains, tissue from pigs, guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs, calf lymph, hens’ eggs, chick embryos, monkey kidney and testicle cells, retinal cells, aborted human fetal tissue and cancer cells. [7] Vaccines may also contain prion proteins.
Some substances are unexpectedly discovered as analysis methods become more advanced. There are many examples including SV40 in the polio vaccine [9], suspected of causing millions of cancer cases and pig DNA [10] in the rotavirus vaccine, both discovered long after the vaccines had been marketed.
The discovery by an independent expert of aluminum bound recombinant HPV DNA in Gardasil has unknown consequences which may be horrific.
I could go on,but everything seems normal. As you were.

peace,
juggo

Tuku

Tuku

Viruses insert foreign DNA into their hosts all the time. You think a little foreign DNA from a vaccine is any different? Honestly, anyone who thinks it's some global conspiracy needs to start thinking more critically and stop watching YouTube videos as their main source of information. The governments of the world are not a cohesive and deliberating entity. Heck, not even our own government is that! You really think they could all cooperate to enact some stupid conspiracy like this? Vaccines are designed to help. Period. Some people will have negative reactions to them, like any medicine, food or foreign material placed in the body. That's normal. That does not make them dangerous. Nor does it supply a shred of evidence that they cause autism! Perhaps certain additions to certain vaccines may be harmful, but not intentionally so and nor do they outweigh the benefits. You all smoke weed (or the vast majority here do). There are obvious negative health impacts from doing that, but you all have apparently decided that they do not outweigh the benefits.

DAT

DAT

i think its pretty scary getting these vaccinations but i do it anyway. working in health care its almost mandatory you get your shots .
i received the 2nd shot in my 3 shot series of Hep B vaccine for my job and since getting it I have had some weird infection in my mouth. Starting with my gums getting terribly sore and broke down like they were seriously burned...., then to the roof of my mouth got scaley and bumpy and now my tongue has developed bumps on them. im hoping this goes away soon because its uncomfortable.
Another coworker got a vaccination I cant remember and her arm where the shot was given was really sore and painful for like 6 months.
I have this paranoid thought the government is testing shit on the general population with this shots. who fuck knows what is really in them or if they have been alterted to test humans or to kill them.

M

Max Stone

And if theres a vaccine that could protect us against ebola you would be against using it?

Yes that is correct I would not get a vaccine for it...instead I would use common sense when dealing with virus such as ebola...I will keep my ass home and away from the masses...I'm a prepper and have enough supplies to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm.

And our dear ole gov would never do anything to hurt us now would they...well here is a couple of articles about syphilis and our beloved gov...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/health/research/02infect.html?_r=0

Y'all can trust the gov's of the world if ya would like...its your choice, as its my choice not to...

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yes that is correct I would not get a vaccine for it...instead I would use common sense when dealing with virus such as ebola...I will keep my ass home and away from the masses...I'm a prepper and have enough supplies to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm.

And our dear ole gov would never do anything to hurt us now would they...well here is a couple of articles about syphilis and our beloved gov...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/health/research/02infect.html?_r=0

Y'all can trust the gov's of the world if ya would like...its your choice, as its my choice not to...

And i'll assume your shelter is a level 5 containment facility.. With some sort of air filtration system ect ect ect...

Its good in theroy but i just don't see that working for any air borne viruses...

M

Max Stone

And i'll assume your shelter is a level 5 containment facility.. With some sort of air filtration system ect ect ect...

Its good in theroy but i just don't see that working for any air borne viruses...

Well since we were talking about ebola and it is supposedly not an air borne virus, well not yet anyways...I would say i stand a good chance at escaping it...now if it becomes airborne and I believe it already is...then that is whole different ball game and I would venture to say we are all FUCKED at that point...you know the Georgia Guide Stones say we need to keep humanity at 5,000,000,000 and we are way above that number and just low and behold there is now a new stone added to the Guide Stones...with the date 2014...imagine that and we are sending 3000 troops to the hot zone and they will come home to roost and I'll bet dollars to donuts somehow someway the virus comes to the US.

now what you really have to worry about is the other diseases and viruses that will spawn out of nowhere when a ebola (cholera just for starters will kill way more then ebola) outbreak occurs, and it will occur on our soil in the US...you will see panic like you've never seen before, folks will stay home and say FUCK THIS SHIT and not show up for work...and when that happens who the hell is gonna run the shit treatment plants or pick up the trash or the host of other issue that will arrive with an ebola outbreak.

Bottom line is we can sit here and banter all day long and it wont change my mind one bit as to whether or not I will get vaccinated...

You can get poked and prodded all ya would like...as for nada fucking chance...sorry bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom