Any advice? day 19 from sprout.

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The problem with using RO water is useful minerals in the water are removed. So, in some cases, those minerals might need to be amended to the soil. It'll depend on what's already in the soil.

Water spots don't burn cannabis leaves. That's only true for plants that don't have the tiny hairs like cannabis leaves do. Without the hairs, the droplets spread out and become little magnifiers with the focal point on the leaves. That's how they burn. Cannabis leaves do have hairs, so the water droplets are round and there's no focal point on the leaves. So, no burn.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yea, unfortunately my tap water is so dirty that it looks super cloudy and anytime I cook with it I have to boil it for a few minutes. I just plan to use RO water because it’s cheap and reliable to get an RO filter. The only tap water I use is for my humidifier.
Tap water with a lot of minerals in it shouldn't be used with a humidifier. They'll eventually clog the humidifier. That's a good place to use RO water.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Yea, unfortunately my tap water is so dirty that it looks super cloudy and anytime I cook with it I have to boil it for a few minutes. I just plan to use RO water because it’s cheap and reliable to get an RO filter. The only tap water I use is for my humidifier.
Arw you on city water or a well?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hey boss, I’m a little busy but can give you details on my setup which may help! I’ll follow up when I get off work

P

Purfict

Also the guy is right just forget about the ph, ph and ec is for the hydro guys, you’re in soil , just let it rock, don’t add ph chemicals that you don’t need to. RO water is fine , some people say you can get mineral deficiency but with a normal nutrient regiment you should be fine man.
Ok, thanks. When would be a good time to feeding with nutes? I know it isn’t in the very near future, but how will I know? I don’t know if it matters, but the seed bank I got these from said they are very very hungry throughout their life, will that matter?

P

Purfict

Hey boss, I’m a little busy but can give you details on my setup which may help! I’ll follow up when I get off work
Awesome, appreciate it very much. No rush, don’t want to be disrupting you take your time please.

P

Purfict

Are you getting the leaves wet when you water? That’s what it looks to me is water spot leaf burn , they don’t look hungry to me?
Well I noticed my humidifier will blow directly onto the plant closest to it, so I moved it so that the top of the humidifier is above the canopy. I also started rotating them counter clockwise when I wake up each morning.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Ok, thanks. When would be a good time to feeding with nutes? I know it isn’t in the very near future, but how will I know? I don’t know if it matters, but the seed bank I got these from said they are very very hungry throughout their life, will that matter?
You will notice the very most bottom set of leaves start to yellow first, then itll move up to the next set and so on, thats when you need to start feeding because the plant is taking nutrientsfrom itself to stay alive which is not what you want.

P

Purfict

You will notice the very most bottom set of leaves start to yellow first, then itll move up to the next set and so on, thats when you need to start feeding because the plant is taking nutrientsfrom itself to stay alive which is not what you want.
The cotyledon leaves on the one plant has already turned yellow, but my thought process is that it was from when they were in their smaller cup because they seem to be leaning away from the brighter color and getting darker. If I were to notice that that plant’s continuing to yellow, would that be a good time to begin feeding. The feeding chart that I plan to base off of recommends very small amounts of nutrients for the first few feeds.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Outside under the sun in the breeze is a different story, they do have defense, but led have different light bands that can burn the leaves under circumstances such as water on the leaves.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Outside under the sun in the breeze is a different story, they do have defense, but led have different light bands that can burn the leaves under circumstances such as water on the leaves.
While i believe this to be true as well, i will say, i spill water on my plants all the time and most i ever get is water/salt stains. I dont think my lights are of enough quality to do damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom