Any advice? day 19 from sprout.

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

I think that’s fine, but like I said , water drops
Where should I place my humidifier to prevent this from happening. Even though I moved it up, when my oscillating fan hits it at the right angle it goes down towards the plant.

P

Purfict

What is ur rh usually?
Nighttime I try to get it to sit at around 55-60, but day time i try for about 70. The humidifier I have lets me have really good control of humidity, I was able to keep them at 80 when they were sprouting. I’ve just read 70 is a good number for early veg, I plan on getting it down to 60 gradually. If the humidifier is off, it stays at about 45-50

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hey man!!

Ok so I use HF and OF, but a little different.

I start my seedlings and go into veg using Happy frog without any nutrients, in 1 gallon fabric pots.

I then uppot to 3 gallon but go bigger if you’d like. And I use 100% ocean forest treated with Diatomaceous Earth. This will help kill any pests or gnats that may be lingering in the soil.

I use RO water, but keep in mind you have to supplement with Calmag every watering when you do this.

I do not pH any of my feedings, this is all done through the soils buffering properties.

I use a different nutrient lineup than you, but I do not feed anything except water and calmag until Flower starts.

Temps, humidity, light intensity and distance all have a play in your nutrient uptake as well, so you need to ensure your light isn’t too close and set too high for the stage you’re in. Make sure you’re within the right DLI for the stage you’re in.

I use RO only in my humidifier, otherwise you will get that white residue all over your tent, plants and electronics…gross!!

My humidifier is outside of my tent and have a tube feeding inside of my tent at the bottom. I have this raised at a slight angle upwards so any water residue falls back into the humidifier and doesn’t stack up on the floor.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can elaborate on anything.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Nighttime I try to get it to sit at around 55-60, but day time i try for about 70. The humidifier I have lets me have really good control of humidity, I was able to keep them at 80 when they were sprouting. I’ve just read 70 is a good number for early veg, I plan on getting it down to 60 gradually. If the humidifier is off, it stays at about 45-50
I would aim more toward 60% rh in veg. 70% rh is kinda up there to me.
My veg tents run 62% all year round.
In flower i run 40% or less.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I would agree. I’ve attempted high RH, and I’ve found the most pronounced growth is mid to low 60% in veg. Try and keep the VPD between .8-1.0 in veg and you should be good.

P

Purfict

Hey man!!

Ok so I use HF and OF, but a little different.

I start my seedlings and go into veg using Happy frog without any nutrients, in 1 gallon fabric pots.

I then uppot to 3 gallon but go bigger if you’d like. And I use 100% ocean forest treated with Diatomaceous Earth. This will help kill any pests or gnats that may be lingering in the soil.

I use RO water, but keep in mind you have to supplement with Calmag every watering when you do this.

I do not pH any of my feedings, this is all done through the soils buffering properties.

I use a different nutrient lineup than you, but I do not feed anything except water and calmag until Flower starts.

Temps, humidity, light intensity and distance all have a play in your nutrient uptake as well, so you need to ensure your light isn’t too close and set too high for the stage you’re in. Make sure you’re within the right DLI for the stage you’re in.

I use RO only in my humidifier, otherwise you will get that white residue all over your tent, plants and electronics…gross!!

My humidifier is outside of my tent and have a tube feeding inside of my tent at the bottom. I have this raised at a slight angle upwards so any water residue falls back into the humidifier and doesn’t stack up on the floor.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can elaborate on anything.
Here’s a couple pics of my set up along with the nutrients I will use. Would I be able to use my humidifier outside of my tent with this ventilation I use to bring fresh air into the tent? I feel as though that wouldn’t work very well in my situation. For the water I use going into my humidifier, It’s in that water cooler you see that claims it filters the water, but I don’t trust it enough to feed with. As of now, i’m just buying 40 packs of water bottles to use but plan on getting a personal RO filter which I could use for my humidifier as well. It’s not an efficient humidifier at all, uses about 4000 mL of water a day(8 water bottles). Also, should I use this fish shit I got, the store I bought my set up at gave me a whole bunch of free stuff for spending so much money in there. Any reviews on any of the stuff they had is welcome, they gave me a lot. Also, should i CalMag for every watering I give them?

P

Purfict

Ok, I’ll try to keep it at around 60. Should I am for the same during nighttime. It’s night for them from noon until 6pm so I’ll have to wait for them to wake up.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I’m not sure about your nutrients, someone else will have to chime in on that.

What are you using as your exhaust and you’re exhausting to the same lung room?

If your exhaust is running and tent is closed it should be able to pull fresh air from the bottom flaps without issues.

You can then use that same tube you are using for your fresh air intake and put that over your humidifier so it’ll send the humidity into your tent.

I use ACI tent and controllers which help monitor, maintain and adjust my environment parameters with ease and there’s others that will give you similar or better results.

IMG 7265

P

Purfict

I’m not sure about your nutrients, someone else will have to chime in on that.

What are you using as your exhaust and you’re exhausting to the same lung room?

If your exhaust is running and tent is closed it should be able to pull fresh air from the bottom flaps without issues.

You can then use that same tube you are using for your fresh air intake and put that over your humidifier so it’ll send the humidity into your tent.

I use ACI tent and controllers which help monitor, maintain and adjust my environment parameters with ease and there’s others that will give you similar or better results.

View attachment 2096196
I have a 6 inch carbon filter and inline fan that are at the top of the tent which then blows into the light fixture and out the right side of the tent. The opposite side is the side with the honeywell fan blowing into it. It is in the same room, but it’s my basement that is entirely open, about 100 feet long and about 50 wide.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Water drops can definitely burn the leaves under LEDs
Horticultural Myths is an interesting web page about gardening myths. It's provided by a professor at Washington State University, which is an agricultural university. I was a member of the faculty there. About halfway down the page, there is a link to a PDF document titled The Myth of Hot-Weather Watering (pdf). The article discusses sunlight and I'm inclined to believe the science is transferable to LED light. Nevertheless, I wrote to the author asking for her thoughts about LED light specifically. I'll post if/when I receive a response.

Here's an extract from the article:
There are many causes of leaf scorch, but irrigation with fresh water is certainly not one of them. Hundreds of scientific publications on crop plants, turf, woody shrubs and trees have examined foliar scorch, and not one of them has implicated midday irrigation as a causal agent. What does cause damage, however, is suboptimal plant-water relations, which can result in tip and marginal leaf scorch, shoot dieback, stunted growth, and leaf abscission.

P

Purfict

Horticultural Myths is an interesting web page about gardening myths. It's provided by a professor at Washington State University, which is an agricultural university. I was a member of the faculty there. About halfway down the page, there is a link to a PDF document titled The Myth of Hot-Weather Watering (pdf). The article discusses sunlight and I'm inclined to believe the science is transferable to LED light. Nevertheless, I wrote to the author asking for her thoughts about LED light specifically. I'll post if/when I receive a response.

Here's an extract from the article:
would overwatering be included as sub optimal water-plant relations? Could this be what’s causing those spots on my leaves?

P

Purfict

They woke up not too long ago, this plant looks like it was twisting. I just watered them all with 1000mL of water with 1 teaspoon of calmag. Any idea why they look so stressed? Could it be because it was just watered a few minutes ago?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I’m going with too much light. They look to be twisting away from the light.

What’s your light?
Intensity?
Distance?

Top Bottom