Any advice? day 19 from sprout.

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

4 Runtz female plants in FF happy frog with ocean forest on bottom and around the edges of pots. transplanted them 3 days ago, haven’t watered since then. Haven’t fed them yet, was wondering if I should give them their first feed the next time I water them, which I was thinking would be a day or two from now. I’m just not sure because it looks like some of their leaves are twisting. They have been growing relatively steadily since transplant, but think they’re still a little too wet to water. Let me know what you guys think. The first 4 pictures will be them from two days ago, and the last 4 will be taken right now. Any input at all is appreciated. I also got a soil Ph tester this morning and it said all 4 were between 5.8-6.0. I water with Ph at around 6.2.

Any advice day 19 from sprout
Any advice day 19 from sprout 2
Any advice day 19 from sprout 3
Any advice day 19 from sprout 4
Any advice day 19 from sprout 5
Any advice day 19 from sprout 6
Any advice day 19 from sprout 7
Any advice day 19 from sprout 8
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
4 Runtz female plants in FF happy frog with ocean forest on bottom and around the edges of pots. transplanted them 3 days ago, haven’t watered since then. Haven’t fed them yet, was wondering if I should give them their first feed the next time I water them, which I was thinking would be a day or two from now. I’m just not sure because it looks like some of their leaves are twisting. They have been growing relatively steadily since transplant, but think they’re still a little too wet to water. Let me know what you guys think. The first 4 pictures will be them from two days ago, and the last 4 will be taken right now. Any input at all is appreciated. I also got a soil Ph tester this morning and it said all 4 were between 5.8-6.0. I water with Ph at around 6.2.
What type of nutrients do you plan to use? Because you're adjusting the pH, I'm guessing you'll be using synthetic nutrients. However, with FFOF in the soil mix, you probably don't need to feed them till the flowering stage, if then. They tend to grow slowly after transplant because the plant prioritizes growing new roots.

How often are you watering them and how much water do you give them? I don't use plastic pots, so advice from someone who does would be more helpful. It looks like they could use a long, slow drink. Proper watering is important to encourage the roots to grow into the higher nutrient soil.

P

Purfict

I’m using the general hydroponic flora series. from what i’ve researched this strain is a very thirsty strain, so planed with going with their aggressive feed plan. I’m watering when they look like they need it, which seems to be about 4-5 days right now.

P

Purfict

To add, The watering after the transplant I tried to keep about 2 inches from the edge of the pot because from the guides I’ve watched said that is a good idea to encourage growth downward for the first watering then water throughout after. This is my first grow, so i’ve been following the StrainShow’s beginners guide on youtube, that’s what I’ve been basing my grow off of. I water about 500ml for the first watering, but will increase it throughout the grow. I plan on doing about a 4 week veg, but am open to doing longer to make sure they’re healthy. I have a 6.5 foot tall tent so I could probably afford up to a 6 week veg unless they explode in growth soon.

P

Purfict

Yea I was planning to wait at least a few more weeks, but some people on other threads said they were looking a little hungry. I would imagine they’ll get the food they’re looking for as their roots grow downward and outward when the reach the ocean forest. I’m just concerned about those little pale spots on the leaves along with the twisting of the leaves.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

When you transplant you need to completely saturate ALL of the media.
If that stuff dries out to much, that soil will become hydrophobic and youll have one hell of a hard time getting it to take water again without some type of surfactant

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
To add, The watering after the transplant I tried to keep about 2 inches from the edge of the pot because from the guides I’ve watched said that is a good idea to encourage growth downward for the first watering then water throughout after. This is my first grow, so i’ve been following the StrainShow’s beginners guide on youtube, that’s what I’ve been basing my grow off of. I water about 500ml for the first watering, but will increase it throughout the grow. I plan on doing about a 4 week veg, but am open to doing longer to make sure they’re healthy. I have a 6.5 foot tall tent so I could probably afford up to a 6 week veg unless they explode in growth soon.
I would 100% ditch strain show and lean on the people in the farm. Start looking around and posting questions. You will learn a lot , once you figure the process out that works for you, it gets really fun to grow. Strain show Is cool but not a real grower so probably very mid advice on growing.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Yea I was planning to wait at least a few more weeks, but some people on other threads said they were looking a little hungry. I would imagine they’ll get the food they’re looking for as their roots grow downward and outward when the reach the ocean forest. I’m just concerned about those little pale spots on the leaves along with the twisting of the leaves.
Theyre probably hungry because those 2 soils have water activated nutrients so when you dont fully saturate the media, nutrients are not broken down into a plant available form.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Just wet the surface with a sprayer. Then add water slowly so it can spread. It's akin to dampening a wet sponge--it won't absorb water when it's dry. The same is true of soil.

P

Purfict

When you transplant you need to completely saturate ALL of the media.
If that stuff dries out to much, that soil will become hydrophobic and youll have one hell of a hard time getting it to take water again without some type of surfactant
When I was filling the pot I wore gloves and would dip them in water for each handful and then tried my best to loosen it. For my next watering i plan to water throughout the pot all the way until runoff and then will measure the ppm and ph of that water. Does this sound like a good plan or would you add any more ideas? thanks for the input by the way.

P

Purfict

Just wet the surface with a sprayer. Then add water slowly so it can spread. It's akin to dampening a wet sponge--it won't absorb water when it's dry. The same is true of soil.
Just did that. Should i water now do you think? Here’s a better picture of the soil. They were last watered on day 16, which was 3 days ago.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

When I was filling the pot I wore gloves and would dip them in water for each handful and then tried my best to loosen it. For my next watering i plan to water throughout the pot all the way until runoff and then will measure the ppm and ph of that water. Does this sound like a good plan or would you add any more ideas? thanks for the input by the way.
Dont chase your tail measuring ph and ppm of runoff on a pre buffered soil. Especially ppm, youll smack yur head against the wall with those 2 soils. Been there done it.

You dont even need to pH your water unless its like 8.5+ because both HF and OF have natural pH buffers in them already.

P

Purfict

Cool. I’ve been using reverse osmosis water and plan to do it throughout all of my grows. The problem I’m facing now is most people I know personally that grow can’t stop praising rain water enough, so now I can’t decide between rainwater or buying my own personal RO filter. Any input it’s welcome.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Cool. I’ve been using reverse osmosis water and plan to do it throughout all of my grows. The problem I’m facing now is most people I know personally that grow can’t stop praising rain water enough, so now I can’t decide between rainwater or buying my own personal RO filter. Any input it’s welcome.
If outside, i use rain water when i can, and creek or swamp water when i cant use rain water.

If inside, i do not like bringing anything from outside into my grow area. Even if its just rain water because i have no idea what could be in/on it that could potentially jump ship and ruin my grow.

P

Purfict

Ok I think i’ll go with an RO filter since they’re surprisingly cheap. As for what to do going forward, do you reckon a good watering when they wake up(6pm) and letting them do things on their own would be the best idea? I find it a common theme that new growers tend to do way too much work on their first babies, I’m definitely guilty of this at least.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Ok I think i’ll go with an RO filter since they’re surprisingly cheap. As for what to do going forward, do you reckon a good watering when they wake up(6pm) and letting them do things on their own would be the best idea? I find it a common theme that new growers tend to do way too much work on their first babies, I’m definitely guilty of this at least.
Why do you need to use RO water? Is your waters PPM wicked high?

I like to water when my lights come on because that gives them 12-18 hours to drink up before lights go out, which helps keep my RH from apiking through the roof during the dark period.

You are correct, a new growers biggest issue is loving their plants to death. And i legit mean death!

P

Purfict

Yea, unfortunately my tap water is so dirty that it looks super cloudy and anytime I cook with it I have to boil it for a few minutes. I just plan to use RO water because it’s cheap and reliable to get an RO filter. The only tap water I use is for my humidifier.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Are you getting the leaves wet when you water? That’s what it looks to me is water spot leaf burn , they don’t look hungry to me?

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Also the guy is right just forget about the ph, ph and ec is for the hydro guys, you’re in soil , just let it rock, don’t add ph chemicals that you don’t need to. RO water is fine , some people say you can get mineral deficiency but with a normal nutrient regiment you should be fine man.

Top Bottom