Any Co Residents Open To Teaming Up?

• Thread starter Sailfishdan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Don't you need to be a resident of the state before being able to legitamitely invest in a weed businesses here?
yes that's why we are looking to team... trust me this is possible if there are 2 parties that want to make it happen, we have spoken with several consultation firms and several CO lawyers

summitoker

summitoker

The majority of people who walk in to my local shop buy the first thing they are shown. No sniffing thru the jars or whatever, weed is just weed to them. Mostly tourists.
Do you want to open a med or rec shop? Have you researched all the taxes etc on rec weed? cause after its all said and done no body besides tourists(who buy the first crap they see) will pay that much.

Last edited:
ubi

ubi

The majority of people who walk in to my local shop buy the first thing they are shown. No sniffing thru the jars or whatever, weed is just weed to them. Mostly tourists.
Do you want to open a med or rec shop? Have you researched all the taxes etc on rec weed? cause after its all said and done no body besides tourists(who buy the first crap they see) will pay that much.

im gonna have to agree.... most tourist are all "like i just wanna be stoned and not sleepy tired." so ya give'em some fruity sativa. 9 out of 10 are fine with that. if they take the time to smell it. most smell a good og or sour, then say "that doesnt smell good to me, let have that fruity one."

its a sad sad world for the connoisseur.

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

what's the most amount of lights you've grown with? and not to come off rude but you have never grown on a commercial scale if you think PM only plagues beginners not "professionals". Basements are not warehouses and 20 lights are not 1ooo lights...most people think they can replicate their basement grows on a commercial scale..and i say 99.99% of those cats get the wake up call of there life and end up ass up.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The stress must amplify with the lights aswell

I remember my first grow ever , and loosing so much sleep worrying about that thouie starting a fire fuck man very paranoid then....now it's just stress like everything else shit now I stress more not having any lights fired up

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

what's the most amount of lights you've grown with? and not to come off rude but you have never grown on a commercial scale if you think PM only plagues beginners not "professionals". Basements are not warehouses and 20 lights are not 1ooo lights...most people think they can replicate their basement grows on a commercial scale..and i say 99.99% of those cats get the wake up call of there life and end up ass up.

not being rude at all, valid questions....

we have no desire to run 1000's of lights, that's were these other guys are fucking up.... there is 3 of us currently....100 each no problem....

the guys running 1000's of 1000's are idiots for not just light-deping at that scale....

I haven't seen PM in any of our gardens in years.... its 100% avoidable...we all have purpose built pole barns, and have been doing it on as large of a scale as our state allows....currently we are running around 100 at various sites, when the state boys came in and closed up all the shops in MI we had to slow down.... at one point in time our crew was overseeing around 300 maybe more

no its not 1000s of lights.... we don't want to run anymore than we've already ran (broken up over 8-10 different spots) and having everything segregated but under one roof will surely be easier than having separate locations spread all over the place... we got this, thanks for the concern @Dr. Evil

also im not attacking you guys,we're just trying to do our thing.... you guys are my farm family its all love, I know that there is some fire out there its coming form yall, im just not content in my spot here(im never content) and we know were ready for the next step.... no hostility either not trying to come off like that... and my call out on the shit weed has to do with whats in the shops....

Last edited:
Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Just a lil 101 on the politics side, try not to call people idiots and good luck when you get here you'll need it! Peace

im a grower, not a PR agent...spades never like being called spades and some people respect honesty

also this would be the first time I have used the word "idiot" in this thread

who did I call an Idiot? troll elsewhere...

Last edited:
miko

miko

Dispensary herb is terrible in my experience. Been to quite a few shops and walked out of many empty handed. Meanwhile the tourists load up. Its like a shop full of natural light, while I prefer Sam Adams... Fucking junk. And I am far from a connesuer!

Anyway sorry to hijak the thread but totally agree and why I won't be stopping again.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Hey nattys are fine they are More like that old reserve malt shit forgot the name

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Old steel reserve I think in a silver can with big font all over taste like hairspray and oceanwater....bad horrible hangover

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Without beating a dead horse to much, you really do not understand the commercial market at all...you will go out of business before you even get started if you try and only cater to the 20% that will actually pay high prices for high quality and its really more like 5% of the market not 20%. I know you say you have money and I'm not doubting that but it is about $1.5 million just to get in the door right now and that money has to be legit, documented income. Because that would be outside out of state investment you couldn't participate in any profit or scaled return structure only as a strait loan with interest paid. Right now your are probably looking at close to a year just to put a deal together, then you have to build out and get "CO'd" then start the process with licensing with the city and state which can take another 6 months of waiting before you can even start production, then you will have to self finance your production for another 120-180 days before you can even have the opportunity to generate any revenue from your efforts.

One thing people outside the commercial agricultural side of the industry fail to realize is that this is not about producing A+++ product, people just do not buy it and honestly most dispensary customers wouldn't even know it if they saw it, that is not the business model at all..your capped out at $225-$250/oz and that will sit on the shelf if you have B grade sellin at $180/oz right beside it and if you have $125/oz of shake you will sell 100 to 1 against the badass dank. Wholesale is sitting at $1800-$2200 pretty much accross the board and some volume guys are knockin it at $1600. Just the way it is, I get far more call/demand for less than dank than I do the dank. I even have retailers asking me not to bring them the badass weed, they would rather have B grade that they can market at a discount to the masses. The best analogy I can think of is craft beer compared to PBR..people drink Sierra Nevada but alot more people drink PBR...Alot more hamburger sold than filet mignon..sure filets are better but the difference in $6/lb and $29/lb makes it a very small market niche and most producers can not survive on that small of a market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom