Any idea what is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter sandc4fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didnt say there is no pressure in the leaf. The plant modifies its transpiration to compensate. And whether you think its stressed or not no change in growth or yield happens from your adjustments.

And different plants are different so the chart is simply made up unless it includes plant species.

I think you are propagating fake weed industry crap here.

i have still not found any supporting evidence besides the like of big buds magazine.

Temperature is huge though.
Funny cause the tomatoe industry is using all the same values... maybe they are making it up too?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didnt say there is no pressure in the leaf. The plant modifies its transpiration to compensate. And whether you think its stressed or not no change in growth or yield happens from your adjustments.

And different plants are different so the chart is simply made up unless it includes plant species.

I think you are propagating fake weed industry crap here.

i have still not found any supporting evidence besides the like of big buds magazine.

Temperature is huge though.
Calculations are widely used... if your talking about the basic internet charts yeah not accurate. You need to look at specific growth stages and KPA not charts... that exactly what I endorse and if you read my post on it your will see I say not to follow them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Funny cause the tomatoe industry is using all the same values... maybe they are making it up too?

usually all the pot stuff comes from tomato industry. Pure blend pro is a tomato fertilizer i believe.

but i dont see these parameters mentioned in green house guides.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Calculations are widely used... if your talking about the basic internet charts yeah not accurate. You need to look at specific growth stages and KPA not charts... that exactly what I endorse and if you read my post on it your will see I say not to follow them.

I think your posts on it are confusing. Most growers will read what you wrote and go by the chart anyway. And some will buy ir temp guage and expensive appliances they may not need.

but yeah of course agree to disagree.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

usually all the pot stuff comes from tomato industry. Pure blend pro is a tomato fertilizer i believe.

but i dont see these parameters mentioned in green house guides.
My links not working there are university studies and other and they use the same KPA as suggested for us... the transport of water through the plant is 100% affected by VPD and thats how they calculate how much water loss if you look outside specific cannabis stuff you can see they do this for fruit and ornamental crops also

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My links not working there are university studies and other and they use the same KPA as suggested for us... the transport of water through the plant is 100% affected by VPD and thats how they calculate how much water loss if you look outside specific cannabis stuff you can see they do this for fruit and ornamental crops also

yes they monitor it. But i dont see them trying to control it. Costs money for no extra yield.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think your posts on it are confusing. Most growers will read what you wrote and go by the chart anyway. And some will buy ir temp guage and expensive appliances they may not need.

but yeah of course agree to disagree.
Well I'm not recommending they do. I'm recommending they follow it properly and calculate it... so I'm not sure what your disagreeing with anymore?

So because I recommend something and you feel others will disregard and go by some random chart it bugs you?

The whole reason I made the post was to help growers do it correctly and not just use some arbitrary chart.

It actually bugs me you tell every new grower to follow it. Its silly. There is no magic pressure for the leaves. Plants adapt to humidity. And no benefit to adjusting humidity aside from mold protection has been recorded that i can find. Same yield at 35% as 75% in tests. For example. Even ed rosenthal and max Tested this way back in the 70’s. Nothing has changed.
I cant disagree with this more... lots of studies to show otherwise.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I'm not recommending they do. I'm recommending they follow it properly and calculate it... so I'm not sure what your disagreeing with anymore?

So because I recommend something and you feel others will disregard and go by some random chart it bugs you?

The whole reason I made the post was to help growers do it correctly and not just use some arbitrary chart.

I cant disagree with this more... lots of studies to show otherwise.

I still have not seen a study recommending following it. You keep threatening to show me some though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are all download.

Google search this. It gives some.

Control of vapor pressure deficit (VPD) in greenhouse enhanced tomato growth and productivity during the winter season

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So they don't use air exchange or dehumification? I honestly don't know what to say... they monitor but don't control it? Why would they monitor it?

they control humidity with big fans to avoid mold and pm. They don't try to stay in the parameters of vpd. It is not shown to increase yield or speed growth. The plant regulates that is the whole point.

Hobbiests always try to go further with stuff. Doesnt mean ot helps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they control humidity with big fans to avoid mold and pm. They don't try to stay in the parameters of vpd. It is not shown to increase yield or speed growth. The plant regulates that is the whole point.

Hobbiests always try to go further with stuff. Doesnt mean ot helps.
Ok 😁 its not all about increase... it about plant health

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They are all download.

Google search this. It gives some.

Control of vapor pressure deficit (VPD) in greenhouse enhanced tomato growth and productivity during the winter season

ok i will try again when i have time. Thanks.

I have done a lot of investigation into this or i wouldnt challenge you.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Good morning. Daily pictures and stat's.... First, we moved the CFL lights up to 6" above canopy. We are running 2 45W / 5500K CFL's and we pulled the LED completely.

The plant in the large (white pot) is still looking a little sick. It didn't grow at all yesterday. Soil still pretty dry. So we are experimenting and watered with PH 6 enough to get soil damp, but didn't have any run off. It is 6 1/2" at 3 weeks 2 days old. Since we don't have another similar pot, we are having to go with the feeling the weight method and tracking it's weight. (first 2 pictures)

"Stubby" - This has always been our smallest plant, height wise.... well not anymore! Yesterday she was 6 1/2" today she is 7 1/2" tall. Thinking no water for her today, but a good watering tomorrow with balanced PH 6.0. Dry pot (with no plant) weighs 1.11... today she weighs 2.1. (middle 2 pictures)

Last but not least is "Med back" - This has been our strongest (okay, I know that is a stretch with all our problems). Yesterday she was 7" today she is 8" tall. With this one again thinking no water for her today, but a good watering tomorrow with balanced PH 6.0. Dry pot (with no plant) weighs 1.11... today she weighs 2.1. (last 2 pictures)

We have the humidifier in, but it really doesn't do anything. Can't put a broom handle and bucket as our "ghetto" - I laughed my ass off over that one! set up is TINY, we can barely fit our 3 Lowryders in it. lol Oh well, ya work with what ya got!

Today I took top and side pictures of all of them. Please keep the comments coming we are appreciating the help not to mention the entertainment value!
I'm going to guess: Magnesium Deficiency? Classic symptoms.
MJleaves

Top Bottom