Any idea what is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter sandc4fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sandc4fun

sandc4fun

lol! I missed you too!

Okay, here you go. 1/8
Stubby and Med Back both got water and a tiny bit of nutes. Our large lady was not ready for any water.

1/11
We seriously pushed it and they probably should have had water yesterday.
Large - is 11 1/2" and had 3 cups of water, so we finally got some runoff. We gave her a little nutes since she hadn't had any.
Stubby - is 11" and just had 1 1/2 cups of some good 6.5 PH water.
Medium Back - is 10 1/2" and just had 1 1/2 cups of some good 6.5 PH water.

I had to learn to pour really slowly!

They also got a new place to live as they had outgrown their ghetto. lol Here are pictures of the girls and their new home. The white smoke is the humidifier.

Any feedback you have is always appreciated.

IMG 0731
IMG 0732
IMG 0733
IMG 0734
IMG 0735
IMG 0736
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
lol! I missed you too!

Okay, here you go. 1/8
Stubby and Med Back both got water and a tiny bit of nutes. Our large lady was not ready for any water.

1/11
We seriously pushed it and they probably should have had water yesterday.
Large - is 11 1/2" and had 3 cups of water, so we finally got some runoff. We gave her a little nutes since she hadn't had any.
Stubby - is 11" and just had 1 1/2 cups of some good 6.5 PH water.
Medium Back - is 10 1/2" and just had 1 1/2 cups of some good 6.5 PH water.

I had to learn to pour really slowly!

They also got a new place to live as they had outgrown their ghetto. lol Here are pictures of the girls and their new home. The white smoke is the humidifier.

Any feedback you have is always appreciated.
haha yes we missed you too!
ok still looks better, fading doesn’t seem to be continuing? looks like they are starting to flower too?
one is droopy though?

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Yes, starting to flower, but the droopy one is clearly less. It was our best plant. Pretty sure she needed water. It had been 3 days. Fading is not continuing, I think we have that under control. In the new set-up our temps are a bit higher. We had been running 75ish and now it seems to be holding at 80. Finally getting the RH up. It has been in the high 20's to 33... nothing we did could bring it up. Within an hour in the new set-up rh is up to 40. Lets hope it keeps climbing.

Any concerns?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Looking decent jimmy. Decent.
I would pluck the lower cooked fan leaves.
let the flowering begin.
Mr.G.

Devlin1242

Devlin1242

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? - I started the Lowryders (I have 3 from seeds)
2. How old are your plants? - Start of the third week
3. How tall are your plants? 4 1/2" and 5"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 2 Gallon
5. What is your soil mix? Black Gold Natural Organic
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap well water. The pots were watered fully before we planted. Dec 20 they got 1/3 cup water around the plant. Dec 24th 1 cup each around the plant
7. What is the pH of your water? 7.4
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Fox Farm Grow Bug 6-4-4
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 2- CFL 40 watt/5000k and small led full spectrum (80 w)
11. How close are your lights to the plants? CFL's are 4" LED 8" away from plants
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 18"x 24"
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 72 deg. 32% humidity
14. What is the pH of the soil? I don't know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? A fruit fly looking bug (1 or2)
16. How much experience do you have growing? Zero

We have 3 Lowryders just into week three, 3 -4 days ago they started to yellow on the middle level leaves and it appears to be getting worse. Started with the edges of the leaves but has moved into towards the veins. The soil was completely watered at seed planting time ( pre-germinated ) and the plants were watered after the 9th day with 1/3 cup , very little nutes and in a small circle around the edge of the plant. They were then watered wit 1 cup of water on the 13th day , again light nutes and only around the edge of leaf growth. The surface was dry to at least an inch prior to each watering. Since the last watering we are seeing the yellowing as show in the pics. Trying to figure out what to do next , guessing maybe some over watering (the soil in the bottom of the pots are still pretty damp) and possibly a magnesium deficiency?

Any help would be appreciated.
Lower your water PH and those little flies are thrips and can infest your grow. They also carry tomato wilt fungus so whenever they bite a plant they infect it. Usually shows in concentric circle brown spots after its established but discoloration usually happens first

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

The flies are gnats that I got when I over watered. They are now under control. Since we moved to the new set-up last night, we have not caught any on the yellow sticky paper.

The girls all seem to be very happy today. Will post some more pictures next time we water them we can keep ya'll informed!

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Today's update. The girls are looking pretty good. I am seeing a little bit of cupping on the Large plant.

Large plant (Hardware bucket). She was fed 1/11 with 1/8 ration of nutes. Not seeing any discoloration, just a light cupping. She has grown to 15" tall, so she has gained 3 1/2" since 1/11! I think that's good?!? I think she is flowering pretty well (although to be honest, I have no idea what I am really looking for)

Stubby. She is actually looking really good. She is now 13 1/2" tall so she has grown 2 1/2" since 1/11. She got good PH balanced water, there was very little run off (not enough to PH but her pot felt heavy. And I am totally paranoid of over watering again! Same here, seems to be flowering nicely.

Medium Back. I think this is the one that I am a little concerned about. She was initially our best girl. The other two have now taken over while she has just kinda slowly moved along. She is now 12" tall, so she has grown 1 1/2" since 1/11. She got good PH balanced water, there was no run off but her pot felt heavy. Slow on the flowering.

I trimmed all the completely yellow leaves off.

IMG 0744
IMG 0745
IMG 0746
IMG 0747
IMG 0748
IMG 0749
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok good, i’ll look a little closer tomorrow, without re reading the thread what size pots are they in? just a guess but maybe they are getting close to being root bound?
anyways good job so far!

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Large is in a 2 gallon pot, the other two are a little smaller than that. Since they are Lowryders and are 5 weeks old tomorrow, I wouldn't have even thought about being root bound.

We have moved them to an 18/6 schedule when we got the new set-up. I am a little worried about my "night time temps". Daytime runs 78-80, night is running 65. Humidity staying between 40-50%. I do not run the humidifier in the dark period.

Insight on what to watch for and expect for the next couple of weeks would be really helpful as I have absolutely no idea except for what I read. lol

I appreciate any thoughts, you guys have been so helpful!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Large is in a 2 gallon pot, the other two are a little smaller than that. Since they are Lowryders and are 5 weeks old tomorrow, I wouldn't have even thought about being root bound.

We have moved them to an 18/6 schedule when we got the new set-up. I am a little worried about my "night time temps". Daytime runs 78-80, night is running 65. Humidity staying between 40-50%. I do not run the humidifier in the dark period.

Insight on what to watch for and expect for the next couple of weeks would be really helpful as I have absolutely no idea except for what I read. lol

I appreciate any thoughts, you guys have been so helpful!
so smaller than a 2 gallon, mmm you shouldn’t transplant autoflowers is what i hear, if someone says you can than i’d do it.
the nighttime temp, is about the lowest you can go from your day temp, but i’d try to get it closer to 70, humidity is good..
the leaves “praying” is a good thing, they are reaching for more light!, but it’s good like that!

ArrEll

ArrEll

Today's update. The girls are looking pretty good. I am seeing a little bit of cupping on the Large plant.

Large plant (Hardware bucket). She was fed 1/11 with 1/8 ration of nutes. Not seeing any discoloration, just a light cupping. She has grown to 15" tall, so she has gained 3 1/2" since 1/11! I think that's good?!? I think she is flowering pretty well (although to be honest, I have no idea what I am really looking for)

Stubby. She is actually looking really good. She is now 13 1/2" tall so she has grown 2 1/2" since 1/11. She got good PH balanced water, there was very little run off (not enough to PH but her pot felt heavy. And I am totally paranoid of over watering again! Same here, seems to be flowering nicely.

Medium Back. I think this is the one that I am a little concerned about. She was initially our best girl. The other two have now taken over while she has just kinda slowly moved along. She is now 12" tall, so she has grown 1 1/2" since 1/11. She got good PH balanced water, there was no run off but her pot felt heavy. Slow on the flowering.

I trimmed all the completely yellow leaves off.
I'm very interested in your final outcome. I read at the seed company I bought some Lowryders from, that it only grows -
well, VERY SHORT. I popped one seed, to test them...planted it in a 2-gal bag and it immediately shot up to two feet tall,
before forming its first Calyx. Growth, however, continues to be Robust. Leaves dark, rich Green. I'll bet right now,
that after The Stretch it turns out to be 3-1/2 feet tall (at least). Makes it inconvenient for me, as my little tent is too short.
But, as the man said: "I don't complain" lol. My Lowryder is about 42 days old. I pulled the yellowing leaves off the
bottom of mine, plus a few low branches. Since it's not "Behaving" as advertised (short & squat), I Lollypopped it, just
for kicks lol.

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Please give me your thoughts....

My two smaller potted girls "Stubby and Med Back" are do for a feeding with their water next time (most likely tomorrow). I have not gone with anything higher than 1/8th of a dose of Grow Big with them. They are now flowering, so I think I should switch to Tiger Bloom (FF). Thinking about 1/8th dose, but as they are 5 Weeks today, I am wondering if that will be enough to get them through as the next 2 waterings after that will be water only. I am trying to get on a schedule of 1 nutes, 2 water, then nutes. They are drinking about every 2 to 3 days.

Thoughts?

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Here's an update.

Worried about Large. She has a few leaves that are clawing. We fed her with Grow Big, so I am sure it had too much Nitrogen, even though we gave her a tiny dose (1/8th, the recommended). Or we could have watered her too much (note to self, no more hardware buckets!). She was watered on January 11th and still has not gotten down to her pre-water weight. Sigh. So, no water for her and back up on a can. She is still growing, but it definitively slowed. Jan 11 = 11 1/2", Jan 14 = 15", Jan 16 = 15 1/2".

Stubby - We decided to water with plain 6.4 PH water. Run off 7 PH, but we didn't get a ton of run off. She is pretty dark green but no clawing. She is growing. Jan 11 = 11", Jan 14 = 13 1/2", Jan 16 = 15 1/2". She has flowers everywhere, but seems a bit lanky. She has stretched a bit in the top.

Med Back - We decided to water with plain 6.4 PH water. We didn't get any run off, okay maybe a drop or two. She is growing. Jan 11 = 10 1/2", Jan 14 = 12", Jan 16 = 13". She has the least flowers and is not a darker green, more a paler green. No clawing.

This is going to be the most expensive smoke I have ever had, assuming I end up with any.

IMG 0751
IMG 0752
IMG 0753
IMG 0754
IMG 0755
IMG 0756
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

It's not too much Nitrogen that's for sure. Looks like a bit of potassium deficiency.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya other than dialing in nutrients, the only thing holding them back is pot size, maybe try fabric bags? not sure if someone said it’s ok or not to transplant auto flowers, though in flower now you can’t really.. but you will get to the finish it’ll be small etc, but you’ve learned a ton so far and you still have some to go, than it’s not over, than drying and curing.
but i’ll bet you’ll knock it out of the park on the next grow!

Top Bottom