Any Ideas As To What Could Be Causing This?

• Thread starter HumbleNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They are in 1 gal pots, 60,40 mix coast of Maine stonington blend, happy frog. Only given urb and fish shit thus far. Added 1tsp of xtreme mykos and 1 tsp xtreme azos in hole before transplanted. Ph of non chlorinated water is 6.2, fluence SPYDRx Plus 16” above at 50% avg humidity 73, avg temp 70 but running c02. Watering about every 3 days

Sorry to make you repeat that. :-).

How long have they been in the pots and do you intend to transplant up to larger pots of fresh soil?

I don’t know what urb is and don’t know the ingredients of the stonington Blend and I recommend a complete fertilizer when the nutrients in the soil are depleted.

Happy frog usually provides nutes for 2-4 weeks max. Much less with mature plants.

Or transplanting into more fresh soil will also feed them for a few weeks.

I have plants that size in 1 gallons that only need water 5-7 days. I don’t like to water on a schedule as there are so many variables to when they need more. And different seed plants can be well, different. Even clones can.

I would let them dry out until very light. Then transplant up to a 3 gallon with fresh soil. Or if it has not been too many weeks I would give fresh water and maybe transplant next time. They can grow bigger in those pots for a fuller rootball likely.

H

HumbleNewbie

I’m planning transplant into 7 gal geo bags with 1/3 sub super soil buffered with the same mix they are in now. They’ve only been In the 1 gals for 2 weeks.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Little shock and over watered mate.
Also I’d go to final size with more perlite in the mix, the soil looks like it’s holding onto water a bit much. Sativa doesn’t drink much during the first few weeks post transplant, indica, shoot they take off on gallons like a thirsty horse!
But I’d let her dry out, always water with a bit of cal mag. Insurance! And get water to about 6.1ph in soil. Some like it lower but for soil 6-6.4 is about where the sweet spot is

Monster762

Monster762

Not saying anyone is wrong just another view. And I’m no pro. But Idk. Those pots , 3 days to dry. I’d think they’d be dry daily. I know it does look like over water but under water can look the same way and cause the plant to eat itself. It’ll droop just like overwater. But you get all that burnt looking chit that don’t happen on an overwater. If pots are actually taking 3 days to dry your not taking up. Which goes to root issue whether it be temp ,ph ect.
Main thing. i would assume those plants already want bigger pots. And that mykos will explode root growth. You may actually be bound in those little pots in 2 weeks. Which would cause underwatering cause the plant probably wants water twice a day now. Also the dry could cause your ph swings. Every time you water dry dry soil or coco there will be salt buildup and it releases in the new watering throwing ph way off.
I’ve bound a 5 gal in 30 days from seed. Mykos really makes chit happen under the dirt.

H

HumbleNewbie

Thank you guys. I’m trying to allow them to show sex until I transplant to 7 gal smart pots. I think they are drinking faster than I expected now so I might have to water more frequently. It’s definitely a balancing act figuring out the perfect watering cycle. I am going to water next with just plain water to see if I can flush any salt build up that could be there but I haven’t used really any nutes. Just urb naturals, fish shit, some vermibrix and a lil beneficials.

Top Bottom