Any wrestlers in Colo? Look at this 5 yr old wrestler

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

i thought this post was about this kid.

i wrestled all through H.S. and i think more kids should try it. i was picked on and a smaller kid and wrestling gave me confidence. now in MMA they like you to have a strong wrestling background, gives you the fundamentals. plus i keep remembering when roy nelson fought the infamous "kimbo slice" roy already weighed in at 265 lbs and kimbo said he felt like he weighed 350+, just roy knowin how to "lay heavy" as my coach used to say.

lino

lino

Confu, GIRLS and Wrestling true story,
1997 I take My Scorpion Top wrestlers 4-15yo to AVA, a rival wrestling club. Some of my kids were scared of these kids. AVA club was home of Avarado's. Mike Avarado, X colo boxing champ. Very tough, rough club. Many AVA wrestlers had tats and blk eyes at an early age and were very intimidating. My little northglenn boys consisted of Preachers children and suburban tree hugger families and just plain ol 80% suburb wht boy team, very few of my team had not had a blk eye at this point in there lives. Most kids 4 -10 were trying wrestling for the 1st time .
Kids are no different than us... Rite away my wrestlers AND PARENTs on my team here stories of the gang thug teams and I see fear starting. So I do something very odd for a coach... I gather coaches and the team (no parents) I have a bus ready.... Kids,,, guess what better than Cake and Ice Cream?,,,, Cake and Ice Cream drill started one nite when a mother brought a birthday cake for the team, her son birthday. It was the nite before weight ins....WTF do you? so,,, He just turned 8 and it his 3rd wk of practice and his 1st dual meet,,, most parents dont get it and how do you tell 8 yo to make wgt? .... So the parents would always stay in the wrestling room while the coaches ran the shit out of the kids in the basketball gym,,,, this time we place the a Scale and the Cake and Ice Cream on the other side of the scale at the Exit to the gym. Basically you ran till you made wgt.... Once you make wgt,,, You get Cake and Ice Cream,,, so for the rest of my coaching career I had what was deemed the "Cake and Ice Cream" drill... 4th or 5th practice at the beginning of the new year Id say to the kids whoever wants Cake and Ice Cream head over to the basketball gym, the rest of you wrestlers who dont want Cake and Ice cream can go home, Those veteran kids got the biggest kick out of that,, none of my veteran wrestler ever asked for cake and Ice cream again.
The birthday mother gets mad at us coaches when she learns of my Cake and Ice Cream Stunt. She is pist and says thats a terrible way to celebrate her sons birthday.... long story very shortened,,, but -
I announce every year to the team that no girls could wrestle on the team....,,,, This mother knew my attitude about girls on my team and along with her gang of nazi mothers they demanded that her daughter be allowed to wrestle on my team. This was in retaliation for Cake and Ice cream drill. I thought quickly and thought this would end my " no girl " in my wrestling club situation. I tell the mother, girls are allowed on the Scorpion Team but I only allow female coaches to coach boys and girls and I only allow men to coach boys. this was because of liabilities , sexual accusation for coaching staff, Not on my club, That ended the girls on my team problem I thought....
The Denver post and local TV stations find out that I dont allow girls on the team . I was also President of the Youth League and involved with Olympics... Here they come to my practices with cameras and reporters.... I explain the same story of "I only allow female coaches to coach boys and girls and I only allow men to coach boys. this was because of liabilities , sexual accusation for coaching staff and I have no female wrestling coaches,, I thought this was the end of the no girl team problem...
1997 after taking the Scorpions to wrestle with the AVA team we had many more brutal blk eye practices together.... This took both teams to the next level , in other word these kids on Both teams got better,,, we were dominating many states, Our kids on Both teams make it to Bakersfield Ca AAU Nationals, another story So we put the kids in Sambo,,, that shit is Crazy, they'd never done Sambo before,, both my sons even placed in National level Sambo also. This level of brutal practices turned my boys into men and they are now true paid bodyguards and instructors. But here was the funny part. my youngest is 7 yo and is on a TV interview after a championship victory. He was not camera shy either. The female reported finds out that I'm his dad during the interview,,, she previously tried to interview me about my "no girl" team stance.... Well my son is more of male chauvinist than I'm am,,, and with that said - his video goes viral in the wrestling world and my "no girl team" problems started all over again....

Hey but check the 1997 female team canada national team, these Women wrestler,,,pretty hot ! so female wrestlers -wrestling other females cant complain bout that action... And this year the ultimate fighter chicks had way better fights than the dudes.... And yes I say to females and reports,,, those female national candian Women, they all invited to wrestle me at my gym... :wideyed:

Last edited:
lino

lino

i thought this post was about this kid.

i wrestled all through H.S. and i think more kids should try it. i was picked on and a smaller kid and wrestling gave me confidence. now in MMA they like you to have a strong wrestling background, gives you the fundamentals. plus i keep remembering when roy nelson fought the infamous "kimbo slice" roy already weighed in at 265 lbs and kimbo said he felt like he weighed 350+, just roy knowin how to "lay heavy" as my coach used to say.
I saw that kid at nationals here in Denver.... How do you deal with that? Dad says; you can beat him,,,, but Dad, he got man balls all ready! 40lb stud!
8 and under class,,,, his dad needs to move to 10 and under,,,kids that bad ass got to learn how to loose... I'd like to see that kid perform at the Tulsa Tounament....
What a kid huh,,, I've never got a leg craddle on anybody in my life.... WTF

Nice video,,, cool!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Lino, I wasn't suggesting a move of the post, just sorta asking permission to move off of Co. wrestling and that amazing kid and open the discussion up for any of the wrestlers here at the Farm.

green punk

green punk

I wrestled from 4th grade til my Sophomore year. Told the coach to fuck off when he wanted me to drop from 132 to 119. I was already starving. Love the sport. My boy is 5 and says hes ready for AAU, we will see here in the next few weeks.

lino

lino

Grn punk,,,, did your coach want you to go to 19's after you cut down to 32s or did you feel like it was to painful of cut or were you burnt out from wrestling since 4th grade. thats a lot years of wrestling....On my team ,, ALL coachs and parents had to cut the same percentage of wgt they'd ask a wrestler to cut.... the whole team weighed in,, thats including parents. On weigh in day no one ate until everyone made wgt , including heavy wgts... Dads that were to aggressive to the kids were my hardest problem on my team and other teams.. Grn Punk, You do not have a passive internet personality and realizing your a wrestler now I can Kinda guess your personality as not being passive. If your boy is 5 and you had a history of mat time then your about experience a very tough challenge being mat side watching your most loved one get his face rubbed across the mat and the opposing dad and coach smile and laugh at you... I had a very hard time when I had to deal with those type of parents...

Dads ,,, I didnt get the full perspective of kids on the mat until I was referee at a match... From the stands and mat side it looks like the kids are just rolling on the mat,,,,, Nope, there getting there ass kicked ,,, their spirit and body is in a fight even if they;re 4 yo!
A little six yo 3/4 thru his first season of wrestling was in a very close match.... He got turned to his back and lost back points and the match but that little kid didnt get pinned !,,, he fought it off so hard I watched tears come out of the corner of his eyes as I counted off back points and a trickle of blood from his nose but he fought off getting pinned... His dad was yelling at him... YOU WERENT TRYING. I wanted to go over there watch blood trickle out the dads nose so bad,,,, Its hard being a dad and watching your kid get hurt... It was very hard, cause wrestling dads will feel the pain 10 times more than your son does and its hard to maintain composure during these moment of heart breaking loses and ass kickings. you can hurt inside very bad... I had to get back on the mat,,, it was my x wife suggestion.... I had one son who was very nice and he knew every move in the book and another son who was so terrified on the mat and that made him very dangerous on the mat and didnt know many moves, he'd just fight and cry and win and still cry... My youngest son, I pulled him out kinda by Jr High,,,, Now he's an MMA fighter. go figure? and the nice one is still nice and no one from gyms all over Denver can take him down and he is still not a true fighter and to nice to wrestler either I fucked up kinda with my oldest son.... He had superior intellect at an early age and I should have spent more time in chess club with that kid. anyway have fun on the mat and never forget, they're fighting for there life and for dad when there out on the mat!

Last edited:
vaporedout

vaporedout

My first match I was put into a weight class 3 above me. The other teams guy didnt make weight so they let him wrestle me for fun..... I got slammed, rolled, pinned in a matter of 30 seconds. I cried after that, but then the love of the sport began. My favorite move was a nasty head and arm throw. Kinda like rhonda's judo throws against meisha

lino

lino

Vape,,, coaches dont think sometimes ,,, Many times it seemed that great wrestlers make horrible coaches for little kids. As president of a wrestling league I tried to get rid of 4 and 5 yo in competition within our league. I never succeeded in that proposal. Most parents and some coaches forget the amount of fear, anxiety and plain ol extreme pressure to go fight someone with rules in front of 100's of people.

Ya dont know how many headgears I strapped on little kids and they say; I'm scared coach. I reply; you should be, your opponent is going to try and rip your head off... I'd put my forehead up to theirs at that precise moment, seconds before their match/fight,,,look em straight in the eyes and say;' let your fear go in to your muscles. get your first 2 moves in your head rite now. Your about to become a man so no matter what happens on the Mat I'm proud to be your coach.
Ive had 4 yo and grown men in the Olympics say this to me rite before their match and I'd say the same thing to them also. Coaches and parents sometimes forget, just because he is 5 and his little spongebob legs stick out his singlet and he nervous and scared sucking on finger tips before his match/fight, It not a little kid rolling on the mat, Its your son entering Manhood and he knows it!
This is the main reason I object to women wrestling boys. Girls mature faster that boys (mind and body) up to 10 years old and little billy my not have developed coordination yet...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Maybe it is wrong for me to say, but that was funny and adorable.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Okay, you saw Pretty Boy,,, this how my fights look.

This is where it is at. Bot these kids have a ridiculous amount of heart. I think in that Pretty Boy fight the kids were trying to hard for good technique, got in the way of a good fight full of determination. I am not saying good technique is not important, but to me heart and drive must come first, then technique.

coloradro

coloradro

Gonna have to link you to my boys sons videos he is ranked #1 in the nation and has recently been pinning his opponent with the leg cradle while doing pushups haha he is 9yrs old and wrestles for Denver west junior wrestling

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

i was picked on and a smaller kid and wrestling gave me confidence.

Same here. Great sport, did a lot for me but if I did it over, I would never cut weight. Oh and after a little BJJ it seems silly sometimes - points for putting someone on their back. I'd like to see wresting and BJJ merge, cause making someone tap is where it's at imo. Wresting awards aggression much more than BJJ though & I did find as a decent wrestler I could run right over a lot of people rolling, but once they hit blue belt, they'll easily choke out anyone who still "wrestles". Gotta learn to protect that neck!

lino

lino

This webpage has video with a the back flip escape for 2 points,,, wtf,,,

frame_0002.png

L O O K scroll to the bottom of page for full screen
:

lino

lino

Lino, I wasn't suggesting a move of the post, just sorta asking permission to move off of Co. wrestling and that amazing kid and open the discussion up for any of the wrestlers here at the Farm.
yes pls move this where you like I ve been to busy, and Ivew been off line

lino

lino

Here is the ol Back Flip Escape for 2 points.

Colo HS state champs going for the Gold in Denver this wk end.

Top Bottom