Anyone else having problems with Lumatek ballast?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Iscrog, i kill it with horizontals. No need for vertZ here, been there done that ;) i compensate with big ass hoodZ haha

DO IT

DO IT

i would go with quantum's. i have 30 of them running 24/7 for the last 2 yrs and only had a problem with 2. i let them know over the phone and as soon as i said i had 2 ballast not working they just asked where 2 send the shipping label so i could send them back. i got 2 new 1's in 5 days no Q's asked.

CR Build 17
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

hahaha ya but they wouldnt throw in the free ipod.... bastards!

N

nightmarecreature

I'm very disappointed with Lumatek customer support. They keep saying they are going to take care of me for over a week. They just tell me to wait for an email that never comes. I will switch to quantum when I get a chance.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

A lumatek is going through some shit right now. A world of returns and what not. Peep into Gavitas, im leaning towards those at the moment

N

nightmarecreature

If you read through Lumateks warranty, it states that we will repair at our OPTION. That basically means that they will repair it if they feel like it.

F

Farm4Life

Just heard from my local store that the distributor for Lumateks has discontinued them because of all the returns.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Coming Soon: Lumatek:hungover: hate forum
:Dkidding
hate is bad, like Lumatek ballasts after a few months

Swany

Swany

Hope it's ok to throw in a question about a different ballast - JD-Lighing. Anyone know anything about them? From what I've been able to find people think they're solid. At $190 a piece I'm interested but I want to know i will still find them interesting a year or three from now.

Swany

Swany

i would go with quantum's. i have 30 of them running 24/7 for the last 2 yrs and only had a problem with 2. i let them know over the phone and as soon as i said i had 2 ballast not working they just asked where 2 send the shipping label so i could send them back. i got 2 new 1's in 5 days no Q's asked.

Did you deal with the manufacturer or the retailer? I just found these for $160 at horticulturesource.com but know nothing of the seller. If the mfg. back them direct then I'm not worried about the retailer ;-}

Swany

Swany

Sorry if I sidetracked or otherwise screwed with the flow of this thread, seeing as how there is no further commentary.

I called Quantum, confirmed they will back the units and not make me go through the retailer and ordered up four of them. It helped to read the good reports here.

One Flip

One Flip

I haven't had too many problems with luma's burning out. Usually if they fire up out of the box they last with little problems... When I do have one that fails my shop swaps it out on the spot.. Find a good shop that can afford to carry enough gear to exchange and you don't have to wait!

Swany

Swany

Ugh - The local shop I like doesn't stock them, and to buy one they do stock would cost me twice as much. So as I said I called the manufacturer and they said they back 'em no sweat. Since that's handled I ordered from the place with the cheapest price - horticultural recourse.com. That might have been a mistake. I go to the website to check for tracking info and the web site is down. I do a search on them in google and I find horrible reviews. I go check my credit card and they charged me today, yet I ordered early two days ago.

So, instead of having problems with Lumatek ballasts I'm having problems with ballast sellers. Ugh. I know I should do my research first though I thought I did this time. I think my card will back me if there is a serious issue, but that doesn't get me my ballasts in time.

shawnskush

shawnskush

First off I went with Lumatek because I was told they are one of the best ballast. I bought two 600 watt ballasts. I have used one for a year with no problems and the other I used for four months and it went dead. I'm pretty pissed off because not only did this thing go out after 4 months but I tried calling Lumatek for the last two days and it says they are not in the office. Come on this is during business hours! Then I tried leaving a voice mail and their inbox is full and you can't leave a voice mail. Then I sent them an email and I don't know if the email was even sent because of the crappy website. Anyone else having the same problem with them. I have never seen customer service this bad for any product! It's like they are running it out of Mexico in some cave.

I've had 2 lumatek 600's running at full power with no breaks for 2 full years with no issues FWIW

Top Bottom