Anyone familiar with Cherry AK-47 Peono?

• Thread starter VanillaGorillaH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VanillaGorillaH

i just started a mother of this strain from a cut i got, im not very familiar with, does it anyone have experience growing this pretty lady.

B

billybadazz

9-10 weeker (63-70) days I take mine at 63. medium feeder . grows very well in aeroflo yields good in coco and dirt as well. very easy cloner roots in 6-10 days in powercloner. kinda tastes like cherry with a poopy musky taste (sorry for the description but thats what I taste) overall, I still have her, I've had better but iv'e had way worse. it is a dependable plant that will pull through for you but there is better.

V

VanillaGorillaH

what are your nuts if you dont mind me asking? also can i expect red buds. when you harvest are your trich's cream or amber?

B

billybadazz

I grow her 3 ways coco, dirt, aero in coco I use cns17, bloombastic, and cal mag. in dirt I use roots organics full line( supreme results but minimal yield) and in aeroflo i use general hydro ponics in the "lucas" formula also use bloombastic in coco too. the aero has a noticable aftertaste but the yield is amazing so thats my preferance. when I harvest my trchs are creamy with maybe an occassional amber in the background some of your hairs will still be white when harvested but all will be the red you desire when cured (I never cure it longer than 3-4 weeks tops usually 2 because I am a smoker and it doesn't make it that long!)

V

VanillaGorillaH

thank you for the great info, i just started using cal-mag im not sure how much to add so i went low with 10ml to 10gl not sure what to expect, also so ive been curious about bloombastic is it worth the money what can i expect. my nuts are gh micro, flora, bloom, grow, cool bloom, sweet nectar, flora blend, diamond nectar, floralicious plus and cal mag, my last harvest of green crack was very nice so im using the same nuts and feeeding prog.can you tell me the lineage just wondering what the crosses are.

V

VanillaGorillaH

IMG_02451.jpg
heres a pic the small one toward the bottom of the pic is the cherry i know its still very young. :volcano:

C

cofi

i still have yet to smoke cherry ak....is it that pronounced of a taste/smell?

T

tngreen

good info, just started 2 cherry ak-47 clones in coco. label said 7-9 weeks and tastes like cherry coughdrops so maybe thats the musky taste billybadazz was talkin bout. they look good after the transplant, ill get some pics soon.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
grew the cherry pheno AK47 from serious seeds. popped a pack off and there she was. super great smoke till i got into growin the OG and chems. non the less she also is a good yield. she grew one main cola that was super fat with some side branches. smoke was cherry and sandlewood with some other flava in there i cant remember it was over a year since i smoked her lol.....i do remember her being not to heavy of a feeder.

V

VanillaGorillaH

shes a nice smoke mine had a heavy cherry odor and color with a fruity taste, but like skunk said once you go OG its hard to smoke some of these, i just started julius saesar (og kush x master kush) and madman og (og kush x la confidential) anyways, cherry ak is a great strain i belive its the only strain to win both best sativa and best indica not a huge yielder not a huge eater great smoke tho.

winta

winta

yea the cherry pheno is on my "chasin list" lol along with pre98,elvis,jack herer,tahoe,blue dream, gooey and nyc haze :)

V

VanillaGorillaH

here ya go i just started flowering another cherry ak, a few cannalope haze branches sneaking into the pic, about 4 days into flower.

IMG 0355
IMG 0358
V

VanillaGorillaH

ok here it is at day 10, i also added another today.the plant to the back is at day 10

IMG 0379
IMG 0377
B

Bear

Cherry AK is a great strain, but like Skunk said, once you start with the OG's it's hard to go back!

I've got a new batch of Madman OG that I crossed with Swerve's Chem Valley Kush and then backcrossed with Chemdog #3.

B

BlueBerryMaster

I know the cherry AK real well!!! Have it going as we speak in the D/C grow. Those girls love to grow they tower way over the Blueberry in there with them. SATIVAAA for sure. Took 13 beans but found the cherry girl and I LOVE IT.Produces some fat ole colas of some dark green buds with huge fan leaves. Mine even turns purple in late HARVEST when going for 95% amber..........

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It's all I grew for about 2 years, a few years back. I can barely take the smell anymore- after all that trimming of the same dankness! My patients and I all agreed- the best part of the AK was the lack of a ceiling on the high. You could always puff more and get higher, it seemed. Many of the strains I've seen lately are a great buzz, but seem to plateau no matter how many bong rips I take...cough, cough. My lungs make me quit long before I want to, sadly! lol It was very well suited for the altitude here in CO, and yielded about average. Keep those gals healthy, and you'll enjoy the smoke! (duh, haha) Peace

PS. Her leaves will turn deep red and yellow during final flush, but not the buds.

true grit

true grit

No ceiling most def cool, how about the potency? Strong or mediocre?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Very strong. Until it was all you smoked for over a year, one or two hits would change your head nicely. However, even after awhile, it would get you high(er). I distinctly remember puffing on SSH until I though I was tripping, and a bowl of AK got me even more ripped. That wasn't really a fun experience- stupid peer pressure... haha.

I let 'er go when my mama decided to bloom under 18 hours of light. I had the strain for a long time, and there are a ton of people in the Springs who still run it. The real deal was brought here over ten years ago and it made its way around town. Now it's pretty common to find it in the local dispensaries; I'm trying for some rarer breeds... (not all the AK sold in the dispensaries is the cherry pheno, but you'd be surprised I bet how much really is.) I know that Cherry Creek Health carries it, and possibly clones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom