Anyone familiar with operating one of these?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

yes. I thought that. I have never had a similiar control work as it is either too hot or too humid and the fan stays on.i put it on a timer now and it runs all day and stops 15 or 20 minutes after lights out . once it is cooled it is good until lights come on
there is no reason for a humidifier.
if you3 clone is not rooted it should be in a small plastic dome or something.
if it is rooted it does not need any special humidity just a little tenderness ( as the song goes)
not too much light .use a light meter a free app on app store.
young seedlings or cuttings should be around 1500 to 2000 footcandles. par is color of light footcandles or fc is intensity. like ec/ph is par and volume of flow is footcandles. easy to overtax young plants.

Oldman13

Oldman13

yes. I thought that. I have never had a similiar control work as it is either too hot or too humid and the fan stays on.i put it on a timer now and it runs all day and stops 15 or 20 minutes after lights out . once it is cooled it is good until lights come on
there is no reason for a humidifier.
if you3 clone is not rooted it should be in a small plastic dome or something.
if it is rooted it does not need any special humidity just a little tenderness ( as the song goes)
not too much light .use a light meter a free app on app store.
young seedlings or cuttings should be around 1500 to 2000 footcandles. par is color of light footcandles or fc is intensity. like ec/ph is par and volume of flow is footcandles. easy to overtax young plants.
I don't know but it sounds like you're overcomplicating yourself, I simply put my clones in a cloning tube inside of a plastic container spray them daily if needed! Generally it takes about 45 days to root depending on what section I take cuttings from or how far along the plant is in the photosynthesis cycle at that point it takes maybe a week or week and a half! Ask for the humidity I put a dehumidifier in my basement which removes a considerable amount of water but I am having a heat problem I think it's due to I don't have enough exhaust in my grow rooms

Oldman13

Oldman13

I don't know but it sounds like you're overcomplicating yourself, I simply put my clones in a cloning tube inside of a plastic container spray them daily if needed! Generally it takes about 45 days to root depending on what section I take cuttings from or how far along the plant is in the photosynthesis cycle at that point it takes maybe a week or week and a half! Ask for the humidity I put a dehumidifier in my basement which removes a considerable amount of water but I am having a heat problem I think it's due to I don't have enough exhaust in my grow rooms
Sorry for the typo it was cloning Cube not tube

Oldman13

Oldman13

Too many typos sorry I was 4 to 5 days not 45 days
and I see where it was supposed to say I put a LED light underneath the container did not post for some reason I didn't mean that you were overcome ligating yourself you just used a lot of words sorry about that

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

not sure if that was for me or him . i take cutting in 1" cubes with plastic domes and dont touch them. no rooting hormone. lids off in 6 or 7 days
a light spray. a light water. let dry off and put under lights at 500 footcandles and every 3 day lift up a piece of styrofoam ( 2" ) and after 17 to 21 day they are fully rooted growing and lots of roots coming out. I usually plant in a 4" cube or a small pot before they go in a large pot if they've do at all

Oldman13

Oldman13

1030201554 Film4
1030201551 Film4

np . i thought 45 day seemed a bit long . I figured they were big
LOL yes quite a very long time I sent a few photos of a very simple cloning device generally I get 100% or at least 95% of my clones rooted as long as I take very bottom of the plant

Oldman13

Oldman13

View attachment 1056017View attachment 1056018

LOL yes quite a very long time I sent a few photos of a very simple cloning device generally I get 100% or at least 95% of my clones rooted as long as I take very bottom of the plant
I just use a basic LED for heat the kind you put on your lamp looks like a curlicue pigtail and sometimes that even gets too hot I have to set the canister diagonally above it

Oldman13

Oldman13

I just use a basic LED for heat the kind you put on your lamp looks like a curlicue pigtail and sometimes that even gets too hot I have to set the canister diagonally above it
In that particular batch of clones all but two of them rooted those are white widows

Oldman13

Oldman13

I'm not sure exactly who said 17 to 21 days ? It seems also a long time, I start worrying at my clothes don't root Within 6 days ! I do use rooting hormone also I scrape my skins right below the nodes until it's white and the more nodes you have the better chances of roofing .. seriously 17 to 21 days I would worry my balls off oh, that is unless I took the cuttings from the upper portion of the plant or if was well into the photosynthesis before I took the cuttings

Oldman13

Oldman13

I'm not sure exactly who said 17 to 21 days ? It seems also a long time, I start worrying at my clothes don't root Within 6 days ! I do use rooting hormone also I scrape my skins right below the nodes until it's white and the more nodes you have the better chances of roofing .. seriously 17 to 21 days I would worry my balls off oh, that is unless I took the cuttings from the upper portion of the plant or if was well into the photosynthesis before I took the cuttings
Typo correction that was scrape the stems not the skins

Oldman13

Oldman13

It really should only be taking you a week or less to root your clones
Also I'm not sure what you mean by you don't touch them I pick my calcloning Cubel up and look at it closely to see if the roots are there if you're worried about contamination I don't know why? Maybe I'm just not a scientist but my clones always seem healthy and they grow quite well! Even under T5 lighting which I'm not proud of but it works okay and Fitz my financial bill sort of I'm trying to change over to the new T5 LED light strips to save on my electric bill they also produce UV lighting but it $40 a light it's a little expensive how to switch over

Oldman13

Oldman13

Also I'm not sure what you mean by you don't touch them I pick my calcloning Cubel up and look at it closely to see if the roots are there if you're worried about contamination I don't know why? Maybe I'm just not a scientist but my clones always seem healthy and they grow quite well! Even under T5 lighting which I'm not proud of but it works okay and Fitz my financial bill sort of I'm trying to change over to the new T5 LED light strips to save on my electric bill they also produce UV lighting but it $40 a light it's a little expensive how to switch over
The green pots are those weirdos I just rude a few days ago there was supposed to be two videos I don't know why only one went through

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

the clones root in 6 or 7 days
it takes 21 days to have several nodes and several new leaves with long white roots poping out .I used to do 4 flats of 98 every few days . i would lose one now and then but rooting Hormone caused about 15% loss
plants make their own .
most common is indolebutyricacid or iba. rooting hormone actually inhibits root elongation . what it does is stimulate undifferentiated cell mass . the white callus formation you see at the bottom of a cutting..ot can be any part of the plant ..in this case it forms a roots nodul but for that nodual to elongate the iba needs to be washed off .
in tissue culture they use IAA or indoleaceticacid which has a 7 day life before it breaks down

Screenshot 20201102 215113 Gallery
Screenshot 20201102 215133 Gallery
Oldman13

Oldman13

Maybe you're reading too much I do not have that much loss with cloning gel I barely have any loss at all! And I have found that sometimes reading material is extensive and overbearing

Oldman13

Oldman13

Maybe you're reading too much I do not have that much loss with cloning gel I barely have any loss at all! And I have found that sometimes reading material is extensive and overbearing
I used to be like that do I found out it was Overkill

Latest posts

Top Bottom