Anyone have some used good equipment for sale in Denver ?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn, I literally drilled holes into like 50 buckets yesterday...I read this post one day late...but I could always use more! I'll be in touch! LOL! :bongsmi:

You know where to find me! Seriously, I have mucho buckets.... once you go Under Current you never go back! Now if I could just find those 6 gallon square pails in black...... I called the manufacturer and they said if I buy 3,000 they will ship them in whatever color I want!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Did you try US plastics? you might want to opt for something bigger than 6 gallon containers, you might have drain clog issues. I did with 5 gallon containers.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Did you try US plastics? you might want to opt for something bigger than 6 gallon containers, you might have drain clog issues. I did with 5 gallon containers.

US Plastics doesn't sell those UC Buckets, I got mine at Baytec Container..... I am using 2 " PVC, no drain clogs, although I know some guys are running 13 gal. w/ 3 " seems like overkill, but we'll see. My U.C. will be up and running again in a few weeks, I'll post some pics if it is going well. My grow is subject to the effects of some outdoor activity in the summer, bugs can get in pretty easily and the Coniferous Root Aphid (Lives near Pine Trees) is a motherfucker for something like an Under Current, so I have been waiting for the bugs to die, and guess what?! Those fuckers are dead till next spring!!!!!! Whhoooooo hooo!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I'm going to try an undercurrent for my next setup. Been running MPB's out of 5 gallon buckets with two 3/4" drains. Talk about clog issues. I'm thinking 35 gallon containers with 3" drains after the last run. When you see roots go from just poking out of the basket to filling the bucket in 3 days ya start to think 13 gallons and a 3" drain might not be enough. I was actually looking for 4" uniseals, but I could run the 3" (biggest available) and probably be fine. I know 13 gallons sounds like alot, but it will fill it and then some with a live res.

Shit, I'm off topic. SOrry...

T

TyKaycha

I'm going to try an undercurrent for my next setup. Been running MPB's out of 5 gallon buckets with two 3/4" drains. Talk about clog issues. I'm thinking 35 gallon containers with 3" drains after the last run.....

Talk to RMCG. I think he's running 27gal (the ones from Lowes or Casa de Cannabis aka Home DePot)

R

RMCG

Yup. Currently 4 tubs with 2" Uniseals.

New set up is UC Evolution style, 8 tubs w/ 3" uniseals.

Veg set up will be 5 g buckets with 1" uniseals and netpot 'lids' to ease transition from veg to flower system.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

the 27 gallon strong boxes with the yellow lids? That's what I'm contemplating as well. The last run one of the plants hit 15oz even with all of the issues that arose for a first run on a new system. not bad for a 5 gallon bucket.

I'm thinking 9 tubs with 12 vertical lights. It's cold enough now to where I'm gonna do a few bare bulb runs at night with an atmos controller and 2 800cfm fans, not in town but up the mountain. Running a ventless propane heater for c02 and heat. the eventual plan is to run water cooled vertical lamps (fresca sol) once the winter is gone.

RMCG, any clog issues running an undercurrent? that's why I'm stepping away from MPB style, that and the fact you loose ceiling height with that system. Are you running horizontal or vertical lamps?

R

RMCG

Yeah, I've looked at them, same with IceBoxes. I keep ~wanting~ to do watercooling, but I just can't justify it, esp with winter approaching.

Also, yes Strong Boxes w/ yellow lids from HD.

C

canaguy27

make sure to go at least 2" on the drains for the yellow top hd buckets. I haven't had any issues with my 1" ones, but have been very close.

R

RMCG

If you haven't bought Uniseals yet, check out AussieGlobe. Cheapest I've found and they deliver FAST.

C

canaguy27

i have thought about putting some sort of screen that sticks out away from the drains to block the roots. but i havn't come up with a final idea for it yet.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was pondering the same thing Cana- At first I was thinking of reversing a small drain screen (they're kind of a cross between a funnel and a wire strainer), but small roots would travel right through the metal screen. Then I thought about smart pot material- but I don't think it would allow the water to pass through fast enough. I'm still trying to figure something out; I may need a little Haze action to stim the creativity...

T

TyKaycha

Would good landscaping root-blocking material, zip-tied around the pipe end work? Or would that block flow too much? I know water can still get through without a problem but not sure how quickly.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

the roots will clog the crap out of anything you put in their way, screen, mesh, bags, rocks, ect. that's what they do. the best idea I have come up with is to have a valve that just cuts the long roots off when you close it. then collect the cut off roots and you're in the clear for a few days. Big drains in an UC. the roots grow LONG. the first UC containers tap root will be 15ft long. I've gotten 8ft tap roots once I uncurled them a bit and pulled them out of the drain in an MPB.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Did it clog at the intake for the pump or did a few long ones (even fron an adjacent container) clog up at the plant container outlet? My fear is a clog at the inlet side of the pump. I haven't really started to ponder a solution yet but I'll think of something, maybe 2 shutoff valves with a threaded T in the middle. Shutoff the pump, close the 2 shutoff valves and unthread the cap to check the pipe for cloggs. Maybe an extra plant container before the pump inlet that has a screen in it. it doesn't necessarily need to be the same size as the plant containers. A screen in the PVC pipe doesn't work but a wide screen in a container has alot less chance of clogging as fast. River rocks might work in a bucket or at least slow the tap root down enough to snip&yank before it hits the pump inlet.

That just gave me a great idea, put a tub of 2" or so river rocks inline after every container. Try and keep the rocks about 6-8" from the container inlet flow so the roots don't clog it at the mouth. If the rocks are too small or too big it won't work, but I think 1.5-2" river rocks should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom