Anyone have some used good equipment for sale in Denver ?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

hey do ya have lights?

Only for making infused hemp metal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythium

Pythium is some nasty shit, it occurs in RDWC and DWC systems like a plague. You can kill it with peroxide in your res solution (1.5-2ml per gallon 29% h202) or run a live res and keep it at bay with a mixture of enzymes and benneficial bacteria. Just make sure your bennies have trichoderma in them, that's what does the trick. the enzymes break down decayed root mass to be eaten by the bacteria, hence a benneficial relationship.

RMCG, the grate looks good but I would put it about 8" back from the front of the pipe inside the plant container or else it will still clog the pipe. I think leaning it in here would work just make sure there is enough clearance between the outlet and the screen so the outlet doesn't clog.

Thank you. Can you clarify 'live res' versus something different?

I'm planning on running three yellow top buckets with a texas controller as a reservoir with the upper res topping off with RO phed water. 3" pvc between, maybe two pipes. I am going to be in a 4x4 tent, so things will be tight. I haven't decided on how many plants per tub, 1-3? My budget allows anything, I could stuff 2 1k's in a growzilla if it's worth it.

In your opinion, what nutes would be best in my situation? Some people use a full line of nutrients, and I've seen a commercial grow that just used a two part fert with calmag with glorious results. I'm new enough that I am not sure what line to take, if that makes sense. What schedule would you follow? What additives would you put in the system? I've seen some run sugar or molasses, when and how much do I put in? What root enzymes and the like would be ideal for my UC tent grow? Thanks for any reply.

Is there already a thread for that? I don't see anything like that in the undercurrent forum.

I think I want to do something similar to RMCG. Is there a difference between a two part fert and a larger line like DM?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Only for making infused hemp metal.

Thank you. Can you clarify 'live res' versus something different?

I'm planning on running three yellow top buckets with a texas controller as a reservoir with the upper res topping off with RO phed water. 3" pvc between, maybe two pipes. I am going to be in a 4x4 tent, so things will be tight. I haven't decided on how many plants per tub, 1-3? My budget allows anything, I could stuff 2 1k's in a growzilla if it's worth it.

In your opinion, what nutes would be best in my situation? Some people use a full line of nutrients, and I've seen a commercial grow that just used a two part fert with calmag with glorious results. I'm new enough that I am not sure what line to take, if that makes sense. What schedule would you follow? What additives would you put in the system? I've seen some run sugar or molasses, when and how much do I put in? What root enzymes and the like would be ideal for my UC tent grow? Thanks for any reply.

Is there already a thread for that? I don't see anything like that in the undercurrent forum.

I think I want to do something similar to RMCG. Is there a difference between a two part fert and a larger line like DM?

Live res is a living solution containing microbes, bacteria, enzymes, ect that have a benneficial relationship. Dead res is a sterile solution containing H202 to kill any bacteria or foreign organic pathogen that could compromise the root system. these are the two schools of thought regarding res solution. I have gotten explosive root growth with a live res but I also got a little pythium. It will give you better growth but is harder to dial in and has the potential to wipe your crop if you screw it up. Look in the DD's threads, it all pertains to RDWC systems be it undercurrent or MPB's. Look at some posts by Lost, he knows his shit.

I have friends who run the 2 part GH kool-aid looking ferts with great results. I run my own blend of additives from different companies. Not one line makes the best of every type of additive out there. For instance I like the botanicare calmag and sillica, roots bacteria, GH ferts and humates, maxicrop seaweed, ect. Don't get duped into an expensive line like Advanced Nutrients. you don't need all that "kushy kush" bullshit. Start with a basic fert and add what additives you want.

the additives you want to run will vary if you are running a live res or dead res. Get your system dialed in with a dead res and then try live res later on. A good mix for dead res that I had that was also relatively cheap;

GH nutes (nova or 2-part kool-aid) (mix will vary, nova start with 1ml per gallon)
GH humates (diamond nectar) (2-3ml gallon)
botanicare sillica blast (1-2ml gallon)
botanicare calmag (0.5-3ml gallon, very strain dependent)
maxicrop seaweed (1ml gallon)
molasses or barley malt extract (use about 1 tbsp per 5 gallons)
H202 29% at 1.5ml per gallon
GH kool-aid PH down

I don't use PK boosters or hormones

Kinda look at the GH schedule for a very general reference, but all of that is very strain dependent. Most schedules are based around a mostly indica strain run.

calmag uptake is less with sativas and more with indicas. Do some research into how to utilize it properly.

Molasses can be run the whole way through the cycle, even in the flush. So can the humates.

Add h202 to your system first. WAIT 15 minutes before adding anything else. run through entire run.

If you wanna go balls out and just do a live res run hit me up.

2 plants per bucket with a dead res and 1 with a live res.

R

RMCG

DM is a 2 part. I just use a few of their additives, ADD and Silica.

Booster (Pure Flowers) is my addition.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I will be experimenting with several systems in different tents.

Another grow will start early december. I want some plants in the water while I am popping beans and finding good genetics. I have a dozen or so beans that came from a couple bags of bubba platinum, one of the better strains I've seen in southside MMC's. I will likely be using some sort of ebb and grow system with movable buckets in one area, and the other grow will have the yellowtop buckets once I grow out some beans.

Is there a local place to buy 1 inch black tubing, as well as quick disconnects or uniseals? I'd rather support a local shop, and the only local undercurrent dealer doesn't have what I'm looking for.

R

RMCG

What size/how many uniseals do you need?

I think HD has 1" tubing in the irrigation section.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What size/how many uniseals do you need?

I think HD has 1" tubing in the irrigation section.

My initial planning is showing that I will have three tubs in the 4x4 tent, with the texas controller likely just outside the tent. I can plumb the texas controller through the wall of the tent or leave it in the tent, but I think there would be more room if the res is outside the tent. If I have to use a chiller it would be easier to access the res outside the tent.

So the tubs would be close together, and the plumbing wouldn't be more than a few inches. I think I'll have one light in the middle (600-1000w), with vertical t5's in each corner.

I'm just starting to see the costs of upgrading when I start to consider air and water chillers, co2, and other equipment upgrades that come along with increasing plant counts.

edit: I am thinking between 4-8 uniseals depending. I'd probably go two tubes if 1" or a single pipe using 2". My living situation is changing and I want to be able to have plants going the day I have access to the grow.

C

canaguy27

run 2" drains on the top at a minimum.

my client had to use pvc on the drains because we couldn't find anything he liked.

let us know what you find and where por favor. :banana1sv6:

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
My initial planning is showing that I will have three tubs in the 4x4 tent, with the texas controller likely just outside the tent. I can plumb the texas controller through the wall of the tent or leave it in the tent, but I think there would be more room if the res is outside the tent. If I have to use a chiller it would be easier to access the res outside the tent.

So the tubs would be close together, and the plumbing wouldn't be more than a few inches. I think I'll have one light in the middle (600-1000w), with vertical t5's in each corner.

I'm just starting to see the costs of upgrading when I start to consider air and water chillers, co2, and other equipment upgrades that come along with increasing plant counts.

edit: I am thinking between 4-8 uniseals depending. I'd probably go two tubes if 1" or a single pipe using 2". My living situation is changing and I want to be able to have plants going the day I have access to the grow.

Why bother with all the tubs? Just get a 4 x 4 table and make yourself a lid to hold the net pots, use some submerisble water pumps and air stone for aeration and circulation.... install a chiller, and a drain, and you're set.......... no need to plumb anything when you're dealing with such a small space.

R

RMCG

I have a pile of brand new 3" uniseals that I just bought for another project.
That project is sort of on hold for a few weeks.

I will sell them at cost (5$ ea) if you are interested and local.

R

RMCG

I agree Bud, but you are now more Shallow Water than Deep Water.

I would definitely do that for vegging though.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Why bother with all the tubs? Just get a 4 x 4 table and make yourself a lid to hold the net pots, use some submerisble water pumps and air stone for aeration and circulation.... install a chiller, and a drain, and you're set.......... no need to plumb anything when you're dealing with such a small space.

After taking some measurements, I can't fit three yellow tops and the res in the tent, and I don't think plumbing through the tent wall is a good enough option to consider.

I'm trying to find an alternate source of heavy duty plastic containers in the 18-25 gallon range, but the rubbermaid-type seem too light duty. Should I be concerned about off gassing or food grade plastics?

It might be easier to get a reservoir like you say. I saw some at the gardenstore that were 12-13" deep, which is pretty close to what current culture is doing with their UC (SCC?) system. Is there a local source of those 8 or 13 gallon square pots?

I have a pile of brand new 3" uniseals that I just bought for another project.
That project is sort of on hold for a few weeks.

I will sell them at cost (5$ ea) if you are interested and local.

I am local, and I'll have a better idea of my needs in a week or so. I will absolutely buy ten of them friday or this weekend if you're available. I live near the tech center but would travel. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it, sorry it took a bit to get back to you.

R

RMCG

Actually, I switched gears again and will be using them. Sorry.

aussieglobe.com has great prices and fast shipping.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have grown monster plants in those 18 gallon rubbermaids they sell at WalMart.... you need to light-proof them, wrap them in something, and use something on the lids.... but they will work fine.... especially for a two or three tub grow... they don't sell those UC Buckets locally.. I ordered mine from:

http://www.bayteccontainers.com/ez-stor--square-plastic-containers-and-lids.html

You can also Google Ez Store containers.

I will warn you, shipping is very expensive, those buckets weigh a lot, and then they came on an 18 Wheeler/Freightliner, on 2 skids, wrapped in see through plastic... so if you need discretion, be warned! For me it didn't matter, but if you live in the city you might not want a couple skids of hydro buckets being dropped by a truck that is blocking traffic! Shipping on 48 buckets was over $400.00!!!!!

I got my UniSeals from:

They are $4.88 a piece for ten or more, may as well get extras in case you ruin a couple, or they dry out, crack, leak, etc...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Actually, I switched gears again and will be using them. Sorry.

aussieglobe.com has great prices and fast shipping.

I won't need them for awhile anyway, no worries. Thanks for the replies.

A

A20Grower

i can get you all of that stuff new for a lot less than you would pay in the stores. I had a guy buy up all of my 1000w stuff yesterday, but can order more.

craigslist is hit or miss with this stuff. i also will honor the warranties.

What's your price on a reflector with glass, 400w mh light and ballast?

Spleefman, do you still have reflectors? Is there a CL post you have? I am in the market for a couple of hoods and a 400/600 watt mh/hps lights with ballasts.

Anyone have an updated list of local stuff for sale? I would rather support the farm than craigslist.

A

A20Grower

I rec'd a PM from someone answering my question. To that person, thank you, but it appears that I can't reply to your pm. Is there a way to continue that discussion?

I'm not sure if that person wants to be discreet, and I'm still new here so I'm unsure how to proceed.

Thanks.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Spleefman, do you still have reflectors? Is there a CL post you have? I am in the market for a couple of hoods and a 400/600 watt mh/hps lights with ballasts.

My extra reflectors are gone...... :icon_spin:

true grit

true grit

Thought this thread was locked-weird. Security reasons it will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom