Anyone tried Rambo?

• Thread starter mickeyspliff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

Momstheword,I have had the same experience the last few years,low germination rates and mostly mediocre phenos!!!
:swear

M

MariJuanita

Dang. I really wanted to grow out some Rambo next season. Its sounds perfect for my location and I've been drooling over it for a few months now.

Its disappointing to read about the horrible germ rate and female/male ratio people are getting with THseeds. I've heard some similar complaints elsewhere, but kinda chocked it up to grower skills. However, reading it here from you folks is the real deal.

Well, I guess I can quit drooling over Rambo, Buku, and the Hog. I have plenty others to take their place ;-)

Onespark

Onespark

I don't think TH is a scam at all. I have met the man and grown the beans. If you can't find an MK Ultra keeper I don't know what to say.... I have seen some radical diversity in the beans but to me that increases the chance of finding a unique keeper. I have a friend with an insane SAGE cut that he got out of a pack of ten. I have never seen SAGE like that so I can give the detractors some room to talk there. It would be a challenge to find his pheno in a ten pack. It is A+ for sure though. Same thing goes for Kushage. Some KILLER genetics in there.

As far as Rambo, I am waiting for mine right now. I told Adam what I was looking for and he said that was the one for me to do a pheno hunt on. Gonna pop 20 of them. He says that should be enough to find a cup worthy pheno or two. Not that I give a crap about a cup.:) I do like mold and pest resistance with a really high yield and A quality buds however. Rock on ya'll

F

FLETCHthedub.s

I been watching this thread for months now hoping someone would have grown and reviewed the strain but no luck. I put 16 rambo beans out this week(out of 20 germed) hopefully have a grow show this fall

B

BUDOGHI

OK gang I grew this Rambo shit out a couple years ago cause it sounded so good. Well rarely will I throw away a pack of seeds I paid good money for but thats what I did with the remainder seeds I had after the grow. Its supposed to stand up to bad weather ... it didn't. Its suppose to taste good... it didn't . Hear me in one word shwag. Rambo sucks. TH might have some good strains this is not one of them.

jawnroot

jawnroot

I'm also interested in Rambo. Reading through this thread, I'm a bit taken aback by all the negative comments about the breeder. THSeeds Bubblegum was an absolute go-to strain for me for years, like clones from seed with very little variation. SAGE is fantastic.

Alot of the bad press really seems to be coming down to grower skill here if you read between the lines.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Really

I grew their bubble gum and out of 5 seeds I got 2 females and neither of them smelled or tasted like bubble gum, they had an ok buzz but that was it. And I guarantee there was no grower error

mal

darkmatter

darkmatter

there was some packs sold too thcfarmers ,so a few peeps are holding.i got 2 seeds once, the one plant i had made a good bush inside, but something went down,bugs maybe, so i never flowered it,but i did veg a good bush and i could see that i might do something but it wasnt to be.

jawnroot

jawnroot

I grew their bubble gum and out of 5 seeds I got 2 females and neither of them smelled or tasted like bubble gum, they had an ok buzz but that was it. And I guarantee there was no grower error

mal

I'd say it's pretty much exactly as advertised. Consistent, breeds true, fruity smell, lingering taste. It doesn't mention anywhere about tasting/smelling like bubblegum, although I imagine that can be misleading. I'm pretty sure the BG title just comes from the Indiana lineage.

Is it the most incredible smoke I've ever had? No...not by a long shot. But it does what TH says it does, and really would make a good cornerstone for a breeding program.

I

Indicas4me

I'd say it's pretty much exactly as advertised. Consistent, breeds true, fruity smell, lingering taste. It doesn't mention anywhere about tasting/smelling like bubblegum, although I imagine that can be misleading. I'm pretty sure the BG title just comes from the Indiana lineage.

Is it the most incredible smoke I've ever had? No...not by a long shot. But it does what TH says it does, and really would make a good cornerstone for a breeding program.

Yep I grew it out as well and was as advertised.Very stable strain which I love but it did not impress me for the price paid.

soserthc1

soserthc1

wow alot of bad press for th seeds - i believe they had to change the name to lambo didn't they... but when i open my shop its gonna be thceeds so maybe i need to start considering a new name.....huh, don't know if its just me or alot of good luck - mind you i have only grown about 12-15 strains but all my beans pop and i really have only had one strain that really sucked Burmess - but that was do to heat - so basically my fault.... not sure if any were from th seeds though would have to look up the strains..... but this is a breeder forum and th has yet to defend them selfs so i guess i'll stay away....

soserthc1

soserthc1

i seem to be a thread killer - i'm starting to take this personal...... lol

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So I have sexed about 5 Lambo"s and 4 f all are dif but have increduble looking plants will post pics when i get my xmas present 8)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Grew Out The Rest

Grew out the other 5 and they were average at best, I also grew 10 sage and sour and they were worse. I don't have the time or space needed to grow enough of TH Seeds to get some keeper plants. I did have a pack of MK Ultra I thought might be good but a friend said he was looking for a pack of them so there they went. This is just my opinion, there are much better seeds available here cheaper. Take care all

mal
P.S. You gotta love a bubblegum that doesn't taste like it, and Indiana is where the real bubblegum cut came from and it tastes just like bazooka joe

soserthc1

soserthc1

good enough for me mal - your advice is heard , no th seeds for me , now how about thceeds1 - hopefully someday lol peace and thanks for karma bro,

Top Bottom