APE's Swinging from the Trees (Vertical of Course!)

• Thread starter ape
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

Hey ape. Nice thread and set up. Im growing trees but smaller and more per 1k but i've been interested in these smart parts on the floor. I would just want to figure out a way to drip them automaticly. Does the water just run out on the floor?? It seems so easy and simple to do and clean up. NO drainage and not much cleaning ..take shit out bleach the room and start over.

Anyone have any experiance dripping these?? how much and how often. what were the temps and humidity. Does the water just run out on the floor?

Also i went through the thread but missed about what kind of humics and the dose. Do you add to rez. I guess i could go back through but if someone puts it down again that would be nice.

peace.

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

Hi ape,
Damn looks like your gonna kill it with this round, I dont think you'll be able to walk in there soon! I acquired a purple og clone from your place maybe a year and a half ago. Just wondering if you have any info on her.... I've been growing her indoors for a while. And ended up putting one outside this year. She has some the hardest hit on your lungs of any strain i've smoked. She gets pretty big outside too!!

ape

ape

friday...

Budfriend-I think a drip would be easy. I would run to waste using at least 4 drip baskets per container. Is use water heater trays as my catcher under each tree. The trays look like giant plant saucers and are by the water heaters at home depot. My drained onto the floor. The thought was to raise them and put screens and plant saucers. Unfortunately money was an issue and the plants r too big now...Haha.

WonderAlice...I had that purple OG back when we were on Roselle in SD. she was a pheno a friend found in a cali connect pack.

Update: spent several hours last night removing some fan leaves and trimming bottoms. Plants just finished day #14 of flower and look good. I've got to finish the halides and install the dehumidifier.

I want your opinions. I have never been a huge fan of removing all the fan leaves and usually suggest people STRATEGICALLY do it. What do u all think? Do any of u remove all the leaves with beneficial results?

ape

ape

clarify...

I mean the large fan leaves (hate the term "water leaf"...lol). There's no way I'd ever try all of them and with plants this large it would take forever, but looking for your opinions? Jalisco, dizzle, invictus, doubled, and anyone else?

M

mrdizzle

I personally remove a ton at day 21, I've tried a lot of different ways, during veg, at flip, wk 2 ect, but I found end of week 3 opens the plant up without hurting yeilds, infact I believe you get more yeild and prettier overall product, larfs gay

D

disciple.

(opens up the defoliation can of wrms here on the farm)

*** I'm at 16 or so posts and sticking my pics in another dude's thread. If this isn't cool please let me know and I'll pull them OR maybe an admin can just kill my post - thank you!!***

I personally remove a ton at day 21, I've tried a lot of different ways, during veg, at flip, wk 2 ect, but I found end of week 3 opens the plant up without hurting yeilds, infact I believe you get more yeild and prettier overall product, larfs gay

Ape: sweet run man. not to hijack this thread but I gotta put out a question re: defoliation (and in the general direction of MrDizzle) Hoping that if there is a discussion it helps you (Ape) out to... but looks like I need the help waaay more than you do :)

thread on another forum called "Defoliation: High Yield Technique". works well for me especially in a smaller plant vertical garden (The Cage). Removing fans starts in veg so the plant stays more compact and "sets up" differently. Fans come back, smaller but more surface area, and way more bud sites in a smaller area plus more exposure to light.

working with some trees now (the prep is starting to get covered in my photo album) and super curious if MrDizzle has ever defoliated big trees STARTING IN VEG.

If I just whack a plant (all fans) arbitrarily the growth stalls and yield is garbage. If done at day 21 of flower, growth and stretch becomes less of the emphasis and bud development kicks into high gear. At the point of day 21 of flower, removing fans would not effect structural development too much but must really help with bud development.

It seems to me fans have more to do with structure than bud growth (go easy on me if people oppose) so at day 21 the extra light on bud sites seems to be better.... the buds always get those fans coming out of them anyway....

But has anyone prepped a tree grow starting in veg by removing fans in cycles to force the plant to throw more bud sites and then have full leaf structure but with less shade on those sites? what happened?

Any thoughts MrDizzle?

Where I'm at (gotta start thinking about defoliating if I'm gonna start it in veg)

At transplant:

DSCN3345.jpg

After 2 wks under 400 MH:

2_wks_from_trnsplnt.jpg
2_wks_from_trnsplnt_2.jpg

prolly ready to start getting defoliated in less than a week if thats the route I take.... (then on to the big space and into the big buckets)

2_wks_from_trnsplnt_3.jpg

S

skatwill1227

Great job on them ladies ape...Is Elite Garden Center in SD? I hope so, I have some great genetics from the old place...

A

A.Sherman

Day 21 - 35 just be on leaf patrol, initial pruning at 21. Then use the sunrooting technique for the next to weeks before the bulking up period. Make sure the buds arent being shaded, you know how to do it G.

M

mrdizzle

I have found that a full on defol in veg depends on the strain, certain strains I ran produced a ton little branches that couldnt really support bud grow, but other stains, like a sour D did very well because its stunts vertical growth and ups the branches and budsites

in veg I like minor, but frequent leaf plucks, 2 fan leafs here and there really opens up the plant without stunting its growth

plucking on flip really hurt yeilds for me, the plant lost a lot of stretch and I wasnt really compensated for it in the end

It takes a little experimenting to figure out which method works best for you, and your stain, but the thing that is constant is that the quality of the overall product goes waaaay up, and if you dont pluck past that day 21 point, the budsize isnt effected at all IMO

E

ECOutlaw

Huge plants Ape! Flew out West and got some gear from ya back in January thanks for that! Your yields should be great. It will be sweet to see how those 30 gal smart pots work out for ya.

ape

ape

honestly...

I will tell u all how nice it to hear from all of u. For those of you that are not aware of it, I know about 80% of u posting because of my involvement in the mmj community. so its very nice to see the support from people I call friends...

Skatwill-ELITE GARDEN CENTER will be in Oakland not thAT far from OAKSTERDAM U. It will be a full service center teaching and supply resources to ALL gardeners. The focus will be on urban and indoor gardening. We will teach classes, and offer things like handouts and schematics on different type of garden setups. We will have dvd and books for sale and rental. Occasionally we hope to have some guest speakers in for a visit. In the back their will be a special "420 room" for those looking for choice genetics to produce their own medicine. It's finally nice to be in a city that has favorable laws and one in which the taboo of mmj has been removed. The OAKSTERDAM part of OaklAnd is awesome and definitely in a renaissance! Like I stated before, the landlord is supportive and the city's zoning department has already given its blessing.

Dizzle-thanks for the input. I just finished cleaning up the bottoms of the girls. It's sorta nice to be growing only four plants. Seems to make the chores less daunting.

Ec-thanks for stopping by.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
mrdiz, ape, anyone? what do you guys think about 20-30 gal smart pots in horizontal grows with long veg times? i like vegging for 6-8 weeks and i usually rock 24 plants under 4k in 5-10 gal smart pots in soil (yes it's tight). i'm thinking about doing 16 plants in 20-30 gals on my next run. any thoughts?

ape

ape

imo...

Delae632-if u went with 20 gallons u could only fit like 6 of them. And then again the growth rate would be way faster than the 6-8 week you r planning. My plants only VEGGED for just over 5 weeks and each is too big for a single 1000 watter. I would look at 15 gallon size and rock about 6-9 per light. U could veg for 3 weeks and be fine. The bitches will grow fast! If you r dead set on the 20 size I would look at 6 per light and super crop the SHIT out of them to make a short flat canopy.

Geopot makes a geo planter u might be interested in. U could use one planter bed instead of all the pots. Just depends on your preference. I was thinking of a single 100 gallon smart pot with 4 plants in it to cover 4x4 while using a single 1000w. Then putting a single scrog over the top for my new mother plants.

S

sfzoo

in veg I like minor, but frequent leaf plucks, 2 fan leafs here and there really opens up the plant without stunting its growth

plucking on flip really hurt yeilds for me, the plant lost a lot of stretch and I wasnt really compensated for it in the end

I am plucking way more than I did last round. Results, good.

I was telling a friend, if I didn't pluck the plant would be a shell of fan leaves and the light won't be able to penetrate.

I start to pluck after budsites establish. I take a lot and have not noticed yield suffer, in fact i've noticed the opposite. everyday i take at least 10 massive fans from most girls.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Delae632-if u went with 20 gallons u could only fit like 6 of them. And then again the growth rate would be way faster than the 6-8 week you r planning. My plants only VEGGED for just over 5 weeks and each is too big for a single 1000 watter. I would look at 15 gallon size and rock about 6-9 per light. U could veg for 3 weeks and be fine. The bitches will grow fast! If you r dead set on the 20 size I would look at 6 per light and super crop the SHIT out of them to make a short flat canopy.

Geopot makes a geo planter u might be interested in. U could use one planter bed instead of all the pots. Just depends on your preference. I was thinking of a single 100 gallon smart pot with 4 plants in it to cover 4x4 while using a single 1000w. Then putting a single scrog over the top for my new mother plants.

maybe i'll bump up to 15 gals on my next run and go from there. the geo planters are an interesting idea as well.

thanks ape!

S

sands

level of vert bulbs

First of all let me say great thread and beautiful plants. Your experience and those of the folks i following this thread might be able to help me.

So i am doin a vert room and because of various circumstances instead of few plants and many bulbs I ended up with the opposite. I just had a quick question about the height I should have the bulb. Right now my partner has them above the plants quite a bit. We are currently running soil plants in a few different size pots. We were having some problems keeping some of our Pre 98 Bubbas healthy so i cant remember the exact count in the room but< its somewhere around 25 to 30 plants and ten thousand watts. Please forgive my pics as I dont have a very good camera. If you or someone else could help me I would appreciate it.

41TiW4mYVbL SS500
C

Chef_Flaco

Looking good in there ape, gotta be blowin the fuck up by now! Congrats on the new spot up there, glad to hear you'll be able to help people in need. A city that actually works with ya just seems out of this world to me. Don't get TOO comfortable up there, we still need ya down here!

Flaco :cool0041:

S

skatwill1227

Yes!!! I agree chef. Ape, Whats up with that property with the greenhouses. I have some great ideas. Would love to get a bunch of produce and ornamentals going. along with some prop 215 and turn it into a weekly delivery service of organic food and meds all in one!!! Keeping everything local in socal!

D

Donkdbz

O damn I did not even realized you started a thread. Got some reading to do.

Sucks I never got to bring you some of my go at the ultimate blueberry before you left. Freaking denser and way way stinkier then the sample you gave me. A lil Jaz spray helped with the stank.

L

lumpstatus

Lets see some flowering pics bro! Im very interested to see how this turns out...

Top Bottom