APHIDS?! plan of action?

• Thread starter low starch diet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
low starch diet

low starch diet

hey everyone, a couple of days ago i noticed one or two small green insects that appear to be aphids, a day later and half my room is infested, luckily i already chopped down most of it. i'm currently applying azamax by GH, but can anyone recommend some kind of predator parasite or fungus possibly?

anyone seen these fuckers before? Upon closer inspection my tomato plants in the back yard are inhabited by the same insect. I'm in san francisco if that helps as well.

Aphids plan of action
Aphids plan of action 2
sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
all you should need is azamax. it works very well on aphids. use again on next crop early in veg to keep from further infestation. also keep your humidity down until you harvest- dead aphids can start mold.

P

paulycali

Two creeks knows whats up! Either that or bomb that *hit! Use a bomb to kill the aphids, but make sure it wont hurt your plants. I wouldnt use the bomb if your in the flowering stage. Get the ladybugs if your in the flowering stage.

They will suck your plants dry resulting in a poor crop. Get on them asap, thats your job for today if you wait you waited too long.

The ladybugs are hungry! They're telling me to tell you buy me and drop me off at the aphid buffet

F

fotparmer

I have learned the hard way that when letting your ladybugs go only do 100 or 200 at a time , depending on the size of your needs.
With the Azramax can you use it during flowering? I have had to cut down 8 plants early due to aphids.
Thanks

J

jimbobthe3rd

A single adult ladybug can consume 80 aphids a day, do the maths on how many aphids you think you have :).

R

RockPhosphate

Ladybugs wander quickly indoors.
I find more dead on the floor than on the plants.

I was thinking of trying a new idea next time they are needed.

Maybe try hanging some mosquito netting from the ceiling.
Drape it around your plant and secure it around the top of the pot.
Think of how mosquito netting is used around a bed...

Release a good number of them in the "tent" and they might be more effective.

I don't know if someone out there has done this before, but it could work.

Netting
L

lil miss lone

Wow!!! I've had root aphids, so I know all about them but I've never seen them on leaves! Azamax (Azatrol) is a Great product, it will control them, keep them at bay, but won't kill them. In flower thats the only way to go to with this type of bug. I did a thread on the root aphids

Treatment would be the same, whether root aphids or leaf apids.

Z

Zombielicous

I love RockPhosphates Idea with the net mesh and ladybugs. But wont that block some of your light from your plants? Maybe clear plastic would be a better choice. Hopefully the ladies work fast so you can get it all back to normal ASAP.

Top Bottom